Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Damn, that's gotta be sweet!
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    There's still a few of games that aren't SLI compatible. At the time it was the better choice since it was cheaper and faster then a 580. Actually they are still a bit faster then the 680. I'm not sure what I'll do when it comes time to replace my 560's. Maybe do dual 760's. In SLI ($500) they're supposed to be faster then a 780 Ti which starts at $700. There is a 50% increase in power when at full tilt but that's not really an issue for most people. If I was to go with a single car I'd have to drop down to a 780 and not a Ti which is about 10% faster it. I set my limit on video cards at around $500 and they usually last 5-6 years.
  3. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    If you can hold out a little bit longer the Maxwell GPU's will be faster and way lower in watts used so you can either go to a higher level with your current PSU, or have less of a space heater because 2 560 TI's must be putting out a good number of BTU's along with the TFLOPs.
  4. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I'm in ho hurry to upgrade my video cards. They've got a few years left in them to still be considered fast. I've played Borderdlands 2 a bit and it's cranked as well. No issues at 60fps. I'm sure Arma 3 is 26-30 fps but that's normal. I'll probably wait till the next generation cards are out. I'm assuming that will probably be the 800 series.

I run a 850w PSU so power isn't an issue and it's energy efficient. Heat isn't really an issue either. I'm water cooled and run 4 200mm fans.
  6. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    so I purchased the witcher through steam for $10, its the enhanced edition...whatever that means, I never played the original so the enhanced wont be anything different for me. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, ill try it out tonight. Most reviews are overwhelmingly positive, so I hope it lives up to the hype.

Im interested in the cdprojektred company as they are working on cyberpunk, and they made this game, so this will be my first immersion with their games.
  7. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Does anyone want a copy of Offspring Fling on Steam? I've got an extra one thanks to a humble bundle.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K08WWwP_LGI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. mngl1500

mngl1500 []

Oddometer:
    Witcher 2 is also out and they are working on Witcher 3. They changed the combat system a lot in Witcher 2.
  9. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    I've only played 2 levels but I'm loving the idea/aesthetics of Type:Rider

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W9_2aE5GnZs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Think Limbo style graphics but with a typography theme! Alright that might not get you guys as excited as me but hell I'm a designer so seeing this on the humble bundle was :eek1:eek1 and :clap:clap:clap
  10. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Amazon has their streaming box coming out for 99 bucks, and for 40 bucks more they've got an xbox style controller to make it a game system.

[​IMG]

Specs are a 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Krait 300 CPU, Qualcomm Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB of RAM so that's all nice, but only 8 GB of storage so not much room for games on the thing.
  11. McNeal

McNeal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amazon probably expects that games will be streamed on demand like everything else for the unit.
  12. jstcrashnthru

jstcrashnthru Livin' the dream

Oddometer:
    I was looking into ordering one of these. But it doesnt give you access to the Google Play store. So you won't be able to get everything that's available for Android. Just what Amazon decides to offer. There are several channels on my Roku that aren't available on the Fire TV yet. From some of the early reviews I've seen, the search function doesn't seem to work as well the one on my Roku. My Roku will list every channel that whatever you're searching for is available on. So I think I'm going to wait a bit and see how it shapes up. It could be a really awesome streaming media box. But Amazon kinda likes to keep everything under their control.
  13. UnsureFooting

UnsureFooting Title of User Here

Oddometer:
    A friend ofine has a kindle fire, and she is forever complaining about the lag in releasing games and updates.

Sent from my handheld universal data mining enabler
  14. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    They probably do have the server farms to do it, Sony and NVIDIA are both trying this out.
  15. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Just found a trailer and the games (graphically) look pretty good:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZlVLhqj1weY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not next gen level, more like 360/PS3-ish.
  16. McNeal

McNeal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Considering some of the job openings Amazon has available I would agree. Some pretty cool distributed problems are being solved in the background that most folks never see.
  17. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Just got a 5 star kill on the final boss of Final Fantasy 13 :clap:clap:clap

Yeah it was linear but damn that was a good game and I got my <10 dollars worth with 47 hours 49 minutes of plat time over 4 months :eek1
  18. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    I think my phone is more powerful and it was free.
  19. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    New Asteroid Redirect mission is availble for Kerbal Space Program. The new more powerful engines and fuel tanks are awesome!

[​IMG]
  20. liquidsmile

liquidsmile Soon to be bored with the bike I am riding.

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K2glxLYx_iM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can now play as predator on the new map pack released on COD Ghosts.

I have got him a couple times. It is a lot of fun. If you hold still, you go invisible. Also when you die, he goes into last stand and activates his nuke and destroys the entire other team.

:lol3