RAM Mount & Garmin Discounts - **UPDATED FOR 2023**

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GPSCity, Apr 24, 2013.

1. GPSCity

GPSCity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As an established dealer of both Garmin and RAM for almost 20 years (man, that went by fast), we'd like to give back to the community that supports us the most and finds the best utility in our products!

The question is... what is the best way to help? To answer that, we'd like your input. We have some ideas we're ready to immediately implement with the RAM side, but the Garmin/electronics side is a bit of a tougher nut to crack. Zumo? Montana? Mapping handhelds? Any specific accessories? The more we can zero in on a product/products, the better our deal can be.

Every rider and enthusiast we talk to has different needs and ideas, and we'd like to do the greatest good for the greatest number that we can. With that in mind, if you have any requests or ideas that you think will be of best use, please feel free to hit us up on a PM or in the thread. We'll evaluate the input and post up some codes & deals as soon as we can.

Happy riding!

G

Please use coupon code ADVRAM2023 for 10% off all RAM Mounts.

www.gpscity.com / www.gpscity.ca / www.expressmounts.com
  2. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:

Welcome! Glad you're part of the ADV community. I was actually pricing out some little RAM bits and pieces on your website and on some of your competitors a couple of days ago. A little love for us ADV inmates would definitely influence my purchase!

Just so you know, I was searching, and I couldn't find another vendor offering ADV discounts on RAM components, so you'd be exclusive there (as best as I could tell).

As far as GPSes go, gosh golly that Garmin stuff is pricy, so any discounts you can give there would help. Or consider discounts on package deals... most folks here that are guying a GPS are mounting it on their motorcycle and hard-wiring it, so the key components needed for that. Most Adventure riding involves a mix of street and dirt, so the Zumo and Montana are the creme-de-la-creme. The other GPSes that catch my eye are the hand-helds that support city navigator (there's another item for your package deals. 24k maps would help too).

The other thing you could consider is if you have returned/open box items you can't sell through the normal website...selling them through your vendor thread here at at discount :evil
  3. GPSCity

GPSCity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply! I've added a code to all three sites (www.gpscity.com www.gpscity.ca and www.expressmounts.com) that grants an instant 15% off of all RAM products. As always, shipping is free over $25 and since we're the largest stocking RAM dealer in the world, we'll typically get orders out the same day. No restock fees, etc. so feel free to try out any RAM items and simply return what you don't want to keep.

Code: ADVRAM2015 [Updated 12/31/2014]

If you have any issues with the code not working, etc. please feel free to shoot me a PM!

For a GPS and accessory, would you prefer an Oregon 450 w/ 24K or a Montana? I'll get a coupon code rolling.

G
  4. dep411

dep411 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at some ram mount bits As well. If you'd throw out an adv promotion I'll order ASAP
  5. FakeName

FakeName Wile E Coyote SuperGenius Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had several transactions with GPSCITY, and have always been pleased- good company.

Thanks, and good to see you here.
  6. niemerbeemer

niemerbeemer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    any adv promotion would help!... I need to get some cables and other odds and ends to hardwire my gps on the bike
  7. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    I need a new cradle for my montana :evil which i ordered from gpscity. I bought all my gps stuff from you over the past few years and you guys kick ass. I don't bother going to the local guys.
  8. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country

I need another cradle for my montana :evil which I will order from gpscity. I bought all my gps stuff from you over the past few years and you guys kick ass. I don't bother going to the local guys, they dont have what I need like you'all do.
    I think since like you said, everybody has a different adgenda on what they need and want. I would offer some sort of generic ADV discount and then run specials when you feel the need to drum up interest or you get a volume buy @ a discount that you can pass along.
    Either way, everybody wins, ADV Inmates are saving some bucks and get what they want, and you get more business. This is the way life should be, people helping each other in thier persuit of living.
  9. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    As a frequent flyer at GPS City I welcome any discounts.

The Montana seems to be the new hotness and I'm thinking about one for the offroad to complement my Zumo 665 for on road.

A package for the Ram/Montana combo would be sweet! The Montana will see double duty on both the quad and a dual sport. The Zumo is on my GS.

Just my humble opinion :evil
  10. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:

+1! :clap I need some stuff for an upcoming trip, too.
  11. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Personally I would prefer a montana over a zumo for the fact that I can setup multiple profiles for the type of tracks I want to explorer. From what I have seen the zumos don't allow this(correct me if I am wrong). I currently use a 62s and this suits nicely for the topo maps I use. Would be interested in some type of montana package, ie rugged amp mount etc.
  12. EKinOR

EKinOR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A Montana package would be awesome! Montana 650 with city Navigator, 24k topo maps and motorcycle mount.
    CoatsEast likes this.
  13. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have an idea. Last fall I bought some PIAA 530 for my bike. Not wanting to pay a bunch of $ for a mounting bar I had though how great it would have been if I could have had a RAM mount that attached to my engine guard and then to the light. That way I could maneuver them in any position I wanted. Maybe you can come up with a universal auxiliary mount for lighting systems??? I use you mounts on my snowmobiles too. So if you could make the threads on just the threaded balls just a tad longer it would be great, like to a half inch to 3/4 long or so. What I have done to one machine is drill a hole in the cowling and put a fender washer behind it and a lock washer under that. but i would really prefer to use the nylon locknuts but the threads don't protrude far enough to grab the locking part of the nut.The hold my spot, gps, go pro and iPod. I love the systems!! Thanx again!!
  14. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Montana :evil
  15. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    I bought an Oregon from GPScity over the winter. I haven't had a chance to use it much yet (still awaiting the season here in the northern Rockies), but I sure appreciate GPScity's efforts to help folks understand and learn to use GPS products.
  16. The First Heretic

The First Heretic .

Oddometer:
    I've bought from GPSCity many times. I think you folks are great! :clap
  17. jimmycoin

jimmycoin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im ready to pull the trigger on a Ram mount and Garmin zumo 350lm. Give me a great deal and lets do business!!!! :freaky
  18. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    Just made another purchase from GPS City.
    Once again great service on great products.
    If you'all decide to give us Inmates a discount of some sort I would greatly appriciate any you decide.
    Thanks again!
  19. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    How about a deal on maps CNNA 2013. I have a 276c and have been looking at another unit but from what I read I have to get another set of maps.
  20. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They have decided, did you all not see the coupon code "advrider15"? It's a 15% discount. It works!!