Well that didn't take long

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by Ausfahrt, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ausfahrt

Ausfahrt Luftkopf

Oddometer:
    Back in April I bought my son a Honda Helix scooter so that he could get to work and school without his mother and I ferrying him around all of the time. He took the motorcycle safety course and here is a link to the thread I posted in battle scooters:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875407&highlight=honda+helix

So on the way home from school a few days ago, a sandhill crane swooped in front of him and he lowsided the scooter while attempting to avoid the bird. After an ambulance ride to the hospital, xrays revealed only road rash and no broken bones. These are his pants...

[​IMG]

And yes, his mother and I have raked him over the coals about not being atgatt.
  2. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    Now, that's a phone call no parent ever wants to get.

There's not much to say after that experience. He knows exactly what you are talking about with protective gear, now.

I hope you can keep him involved in the repair and reconstruction project.

Bob
  3. DougFromKentucky

DougFromKentucky Just a good 'ole boy

Oddometer:
    We bought my son a Honda Rebel motorcycle after he passed his MSF course at 17 years old. He lowsided that bike in the first month of ownership. After he got that out of his system, he never had another motorcycle accident. He rode through college and until he got married and had a son of his own. He is now 30 years old and taking time off while he raises his son except for the occasional ride on one of my bikes when they come here to visit.

So, tear him a new a$$hole (it seems you already have by your post) and hope that this has taught him something like it did with my son. Oh, you said he has a job, let him contribute to the cost of repairing his scooter. Money gets their attention in a big way when they don't make too much.
  4. SxyRdr

SxyRdr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1

Glad he survived. Tell him to just hit the bird next time.

My son just sold his KLR 650 and bought a V-Strom 650. He's not even licensed yet (license eligibility is, at the earliest, 16 years 3 months and he just turned 16). But I'm hoping that his dirt racing has taught him quite a bit...

He's almost ATGATT... just needs pants. And, because of his racing crashes, he knows the value of good gear.