Screaming Banshee

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by gallowaystx, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:

It could be a Wolo but they are all the same horn with different badges. Somewhere on the net someone took the different ones apart and the parts were interchangeable. So my guess is they all come out of the same factory and have a different brand stamped on them. Regardless the horn they are using is the same design as the Stebel. My horn is a Wolo....looks exactly like the Stebel.

If someone has empirical evidence to the contrary please post it.
  2. Snowkarver

Snowkarver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    According to their FAQs, it is an entirely different design from the Stebel:

3. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look at the pictures....it looks exactly like a Stebel which looks exactly like a Wolo. The only difference, they mention is how the horn is mounted to the compressor. I believe you can separate the horn and the compressor and mount them separately on the Stebel you cannot on a Wolo...for what they are charging I'm guessing your not getting a specially designed titanium horn....

Banshee Horn
    [​IMG]

Wolo Horn
    [​IMG]

I'll post when I get mine as to which brand it is...
  4. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:
    ??????????

It says

My guess its a de-badged Wolo
  5. Snowkarver

Snowkarver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fine, it's similar but not the same as the Stebel. Not having owned an air horn before, I took their FAQ answer of "it's similar to a Stebel Nautilus but not the same" to mean that their horn was "not a Stebel". Silly me.
  6. BudCAD

BudCAD Zen Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    You can purchase just the wiring harness, that's what I did. I've been using the same Stebel for years.
  7. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Banshee came today!
    Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going to try and do a video review when I get it installed on my KLR
  8. gallowaystx

gallowaystx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great! Will you post it here?
  9. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    Interested to see if this is canbus compatible...
  10. BrittC

BrittC Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Subscribed, as I'm very interested to see how this works out in the real world. I've been a Stebel fan for years, and have never had one fail on me. I really like this concept....

By the way, the compressor needs to be installed vertically or it will fail. It warns of that right in the instructions that come with a Stebel (not sure of the Wolo branded one). :deal
  11. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I been super busy and haven't had a chance to install it yet....My wife's car has been a nightmare of repairs lately its been eating up all my free time...
  12. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    on another thread it was reported that it doesn't work on a BMW bike. Perhaps if the developer of the product spent a little less time spamming and more time testing his product he'd have a better outcome.
  13. shikataganai

shikataganai moof

Oddometer:
    My Versys had the same issue (I'm guessing), of triggering the horn setup on keyturn rather than on depression of the horn button. Greg sent out a relay and connectors to fix it immediately, and the May production run won't have this (sporadic, limited to certain bike models) issue.

Here's my installed setup in action:

<OBJECT width=853 height=480><iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hknLLyMHTbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></OBJECT>
  14. ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Shikataganai, nice video we like it a lot.

FYI there has been a small number of bikes needing the relay fix. The problem is now solved

Hey you maybe interested to know that on the 20th of April we introduced the new "Split Banshee" horn design, which as the name suggests separates the trumpet from the compressor and gives you the versatility of mounting the 2 parts in different locations or to just handle tight space limitations. This is great for naked bikes or for those who want to conceal their horn. Check it out http://ow.ly/asvGB
  15. gallowaystx

gallowaystx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Screaming banshee - nice to see you found us. And great news about the split set up. I think that is what I will need for my tiger 800.

As soon as I get through my wedding in the next couple of weeks ill be ordering one. May get one for my car as well. Great product.
  16. ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks gallowaystx we appreciate your support.
  17. GS-A-Day

GS-A-Day Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, does it work on a BMW bike?
  18. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    On another thread I heard no...sure would be nice if CEO Mr. Banshee would address this issue in between his spam marketing.
  19. ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee n00b

Oddometer:
    To answer your question, the problem is not exclusively BMW models, nor does it encompass all BMW models. Actually, it appears to be a few different makes and models but in total out of 700, about 7% have needed the relay for their Banshee Horn to function properly. This is due to the fact that some bikes are manufactured in a way that the horn utilizes a different type of signal than what the Screaming Banshee Control Unit requires. Most horns have a positive signal when activated. Some bikes are the exact opposite, which explains why the Banshee will sound as soon as the ignition is turned on. If you flip the signal (turn the negative pulse into a positive) than it solves the problem, which is exactly what the relay we provide for free, does for you. Problem solved.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    We don't know every single model that requires the relay; however we are compiling a database based on people’s requests for the relay. If you think you need a relay, call or email us and we will ship it out same day at no cost.<o:p></o:p>
    Note: Our new models will no longer have this issue and will detect which type of signal to use and deliver accordingly.
  20. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just read about the Screaming Banshee on Jalopnik (car news website) and it sounds (har-har-har!) great.
    So I went to their website and see the new plug & play version is ready to ship.
    Also a great price break in a group buy deal of 10 units.

Anyone want to put together a group?
    I am in Alaska so it is not reasonable for me to organize one but I want to be in on it. :wink:

Here is the direct linky
    http://www.indiegogo.com/PlugAndPlayScreamer#team

Scroll to the Expanded Club Pack deal for 10 units at $59 each.
    Actually I would probably like two or three of them for my bikes.
    Hmmmmm, I have 4 street & DS bikes, 3 cars...... :cry
    I would like to get one for each but that just isn't in the budget.

Anyone?