Quest 2 or 2610???

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Suncoast, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Suncoast

Suncoast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a noob to the GPS stuff and have sort of narrowed down my search to the quest 2 or 2610 series, I like the portability of the Quest 2 and rechargable batteries but the 2610 seems to have a better memory , does anyone have experience with these 2 models?
    Thanks
  2. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I own and use a Quest 2. I've never used a 2610.

What kind of information are you looking for specifically?

Jamie
  3. Suncoast

Suncoast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for something that I can take on the bike, in the car as well as some hiking wheter it be in cities or on trails, not too worried about 3d or barometer etc. just a decent GPS with maps, color would be great I have an old Magellen 2000XL that was useless without a map. Do you find the screen on the Quest 2 OK to use on the bike? It seems like it may be too small? How long do find the batteries to last?
  4. emelgee

emelgee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been using the 2610 for a while now and it's a fantastic piece of kit. I've had a play with a mate's Quest and there's no comparison from a use-ability point of view. The Quest's screen is way too small, and the lack of a touch screen makes it very tedious to enter data.
  5. Railbender

Railbender Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have no experience with the Quest 2 but the 2610 has no internal power source, you must use a 12V source from the vehicle or an aftermarket battery pack. That plus the size of the 2610 would make it awkward for hiking.
  6. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    The GPSMap 60CX is very nice. Worth a look.