Quit Forest Rally 2012

Discussion in 'Australia' started by soc, Jan 27, 2012.

1. soc

soc Out in the WA bush

Oddometer:
    Who is entering the Quit Forest Rally this year???

:ear:ear:ear
  2. KASUYAHO

KASUYAHO Long timer

Oddometer:
    bikes can go in it ?
  3. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    For the past two years if memory serves me corectly...

But only that one west oz round.

There has been a couple of threads on it over the years.
  4. digga1111

digga1111 bann ed

Oddometer:
    rally Q last year also, hopefully again this year.
  5. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    Supp regs will be out soon I believe.

This is a great event, super fun, bolt on a home made $20 road book and use your stock odo and go :deal

Team Berg will be present again :evil
  6. FIIG Rick

FIIG Rick FAT CHICKS NEED LOVIN TOO

Oddometer:
    Was thinkin of giving it a go but might be a bit fat and a bit old for it, how serious do they take it, is there a "fat and old" class I could compete in? Or am I just kidding myself?
  7. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3 You'll be fine Rick. :D Virtually your back yard.

If you go in it i'll come down and give you a hand. :1drink
  8. FIIG Rick

FIIG Rick FAT CHICKS NEED LOVIN TOO

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks for that I'm tempted neil, you could be my support crew, give me a hand with "stuff"
  9. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    Yep, be happy to. :wink:

A bunch of us rode down to it one year. Had a ball. :freaky
  10. watagans300exc

watagans300exc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Gazza, I'm pretty sure Mick is planning to go again this year.
  11. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    Yup Mick is all go so thats great.

Team Husaberg will have both Mick Heuchan (2nd Outright 2010 & 2011) and Damien Grabham (1st Outright 2011) running their FE570's again.

Also I had it confirmed yesterday that a certain Ben Grabham is also a confirmed starter on his 2012 KTM500EXC :clap:clap

The event is building profile :evil

That said it's a great event for any rider at any level.........so jump right in and have a blast !!
  12. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Hi Garry;

Just to clear something up for the viewers at home... what's the go with the roadbook instructions/nav gear for this event...? :ear

As I understand it, the Quit rally runs the bikes much along the lines of the US RallyMoto events in the states (like the Sandblast Rally etc.). Where the roadbook is there primarily so you can navigate the transport/road sections that connect the various competition Specials?

Once you are on the Special Stage, you pretty much commit the overall stage description to memory, and just follow the arrows and bunting through the stages (ie. go as hard as you can). There is no real "navigation" on the special stages (ie: reading the odometer and rolling on the notes for all the calls/intersections?) like on an event such as Condo 750 or Yilgarn Rallye?

Is that why just a simple manual routechart roller and standard tripmeter is sufficient? :earNo need for a full cross country rally navigation set-up?
  13. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    Yup Nav is ceratinly needed to get between stages on the liaisons as its easy to get lost if you are not on it.

The last 2 years during the stages after the first pass yes you could skip the nav and just race the course, BUT there are still some !! and the odd !!! waiting to bite you if you dont know where they are :deal

This year however nav WILL be needed each lap as the course will change and has some diversions in it JUST for the Moto/Quad boys and the new for 2012 UTV (SXS) classes.

The UTV's such as Polaris RZR XP900's actually have their own series run in conjunction with the ARC championship and is sponsored jointly by Canam and Polaris........some big ARC names will be running in it as well eg Cody Crocker in a Polaris RZR XP900 (so look out :eek1)
  14. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    its really that the basic Condo style setup is good enough and there is no need for potentail riders to be put off by the cost of ICO/MD etc
  15. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Fair enough... I understood that with regards the transport stages.

But are the special stages taped, with arrows and caution markers (like other ARC rally events I suppose), or is that only at the various "spectator" locations along the SS.

That is to say; if Fred Gumby (me) is on the start line... and if I just dawdle off and follow the markers (not look at the book) will I come out at the other end at the finish control?

Or... like at the Safari or Yilgarn/Condo... if I do not navigate the routechart... is there the possibility to get lost on the special stages?

As I understand it, ARC events have bunting/arrows and cautions (both the !! and the !!! varieties, visually marked on course?) :ear
  16. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    but in 2012 due to the diversions navigation will be required or you will miss part of the course that the ARC boys do not go on.
  17. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Aha! and THESE (moto/quads only) diversions are laid out in the roadbook... but NOT visually marked/cautioned or taped? You have to "find" them from the trip/roadbook?

In this respect, how do the organisers verify that you follow the "diversion" and do not set a "wonder" time, by just tooling along the ARC course for example? :ear
  18. SafariBerg

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure there will be prying eyes on the course ticking all competitors off as you go by on the diversion........no tick = penalty :deal
  19. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Aha... ze good ol' "control de passage" a la'; :deal biro and an A-4 sheet of paper... "The original... and - in some cases - still the best!" :D:lol3

Sounds like fun... is the moto class interest picking up for these events... more than just the Quit WA Round of the ARC...? :ear
  20. angryad

angryad Don't drop the soap.

Oddometer:
    i still have a vomit stain on my ADV shirt courtesy of the Nannup pub hospitality....