2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    So I don't spoil it for any one and they get there big girl panties in a bunch...

Lights was good, happy to see the guy who won finally do it and the guy who finished second sure tried hard and I don't really like the guy who finished 3rd but am happy that the points are where they are.

450's, The guy who won is just a machine but the guy who finished in 2nd is really picking up his speed and 3rd place for that guy is respectable and will give him confidence in the coming rounds. The other guy who used to be really fast but seems to fall way to much just doesn't have it any more?

Ok thats my PC race report, hope I didn't offend anybody(except that french guy who finished 3rd in the lights) :D
  2. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Just put up the vid already...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k9qWd4TC_L8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  4. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    All I can say is,bring on the outdoors.
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    To be fair, that is all you ever say. :wink:

:D
  7. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey at least you're fair.There's nothing left in this season,Villopoto is slowly but surely lengthening his point lead,Dungey is moving towards second,unless you're into the 250,s(I am)it's over.Next two races on network tv.Lets hope no more injuries and its a competitive outdoors.I'll be at Redbud,maybe Mt Morris.:clapThere's hardly any chatter about the race,actually Tyler Bowers was great in the 250s.
  8. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Fajita Dave

Fajita Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So it seems like the asterick medical crew is finally taking flug's advice :rofl. They were late arriving on the scene being careful to "not get involved with the race" AND they red flagged the race for a minor "looking" accident.

I hate seeing red flags but it is nice that they're finally taking the riders health more into consideration.
  10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    they keep getting better. Milsapps goes down in his heat race and passed most of the field by the end of the first lap he was cutting through them like a hot knife through butter. awesome racing I can' think of another sport where you can bring it into a stadium like that and be able to equal or even eclipse it's original. the only thing you can't do or have is big hills but all things considered for them to be able to get that level of riding inside a stadium is remarkable. those were serious whoops that lites rider (can't believe I used that term) who lost his transfer in the LCQ found out the hard way as did quite a few others. Villopotto looks to be firmly in the drivers seat the guy just does not settle for anything less than a win. I wonder what Kawasaki will do when it is time to resign him he'll want big $$$. incredible race I'm not a big fan of Wharton byt Musquin said twice in his post race interview that he was faster then them and he knew it but it looked to me like he finished 3rd. It's not over yet!
  11. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    He got a new deal last fall, about the same time the entire off road program was shut down.
  12. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    How long do you all think Yamaha is going to stick with that backwards YZF450? By the looks of it, only riders and teams that have to use it do. Independent teams and privateers ride anything but blue. :dunno
  13. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    It looks like they are sticking with it for 2014.

The wrap around exhaust design has been used by JGR on their SX bikes this season.

http://www.ladakar.com/2013/04/08/yamaha-yzf-2014-prototype/

14. skwidd

Oddometer:
    They're working on a hybrid parallel twin with telelever front suspension for 2015.
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    they painted themselves into a corner with that thing. to change concedes it didn't deliver. the numbers don't lie they are way below %20 in the entry/results columns which is a reasonable expectation of market share giving KTM 1/5 of the 450 pie. Suzuki was supposed to be the brand on shaky ground they didn't even bring new bikes into the US in 2011 was it?

except the MX bikes. plenty of them out there and they seem to hold their own. Yamaha needs to admit it wasn't such a great idea and move on.
  16. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    that design was tried before and also failed, I'm not sure what Yamaha was thinking but I agree they need to scrap this program and get back to racing

Yamaha QT50 Yamahopper
    CT50 – a Yamaha QT50 marketed by the French company MBK:rofl:rofl
  17. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Those 1st couple laps with Wharton and Musquin dicing and slicing was the best race of the night,neither shut off then Wharton pulled away and didnt fall down,Wharton is very determined to make a name for himself. He was steady at the front and did a great job!

And Yup,those whoops were a real deciding factor,one false move and your race is over or vastly changed for the worse.
    Dont want to get tired.

Ive ridden practice days at Marysville MX here locally,they always had an ambulance at the ready and kept it by the man made whoops.
    Guys doing pile driver imitations pretty regular.
  18. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Yeah.

The number of whoops, and the way they spaced the last ones a little further apart really made it hard, I think because of the change in rhytmn just as you've had enough of them already.

I was happy for The Poodle too.
    I like him, and dont mean to call him that, but you've seared my brain with picture flug!
  19. skwidd

Oddometer:

Karma.

Not to disrespect Doug Henry in any way, he is a badass and a really good dood, but they started this bullshit with the diesels and they need to be punished.:lol3
  20. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Yamaha built "backwards" two strokes in the past (TZ 250 road racer) and they didn't work either.