WANTED: CENTRAL TEXAS ADVers

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    Calling all Central Texas ADV Riders... Looking to put together local rides, beer meets, tech days, ETC!!! Put the beer down, drop the remote and get your asses motivating:evil For the geographically challenged, I am calling Central Texas north of Austin and south of DFW. I am west of Waco.:freaky Now sound off if you have a pair or at least have the desire to knock the dust off that bike:lol3

When we hit a thousand, everybody has to buy me a round!!!(especially Dahveed)
    motocopter likes this.
  2. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Wandering Bike Dude

Oddometer:
    OK, I am just South of Temple. There are a few dual sport riders around Killeen area that might be interested too.

Carl
    Temple TX
  3. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard Carl, I am just north of Gatesville. Get the word out.:freaky
  4. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    I know there is more than one ADVer in Central Texas. Ride in planning for Sunday 11/22/09 for those interested.:evil
  5. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am located outside Granbury and will consider meeting y'all somewhere south of here, say Cranfills Gap(The Horny Toad)? Great area to ride.
  6. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Know your area well been in Granbury twice this week and about to head there now! Do you hang out on TWT also? I think we may have met. I used to ride a black Vstrom. Love those roads up there too:clap
  7. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ghostrider, I think we meet outside a Mexican food joint in Gatesville about a year ago. I was on my Transalp at the time.

I need to do more exploring north of Austin. I seem to always head west and south.
  8. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Yes we did, I notice you have been getting around too. I saw you were in Vicksburg when I was in Memphis a while back. I wonder if that ol Transalp can follow my lowly beemer:lol3 I think that XR650 last night gained a new appreciation for it, we were both soaked my smiling ear to ear. Speaking of which the said Canuck named Mike needs to call me back so we can set up some more riding this weekend. I know he was staying around Valley Mills and has Trex panniers on his XR. He said he got on ADV but do not recall his screen name.
  9. EnderTheX

EnderTheX Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    Where y'all goin on Sunday (tomorrow)? I am in DFW and might ride. Kinda late notice but if there is a group starting within a reasonable distance i'll join. 250-350 mile days are the norm for me on weekends, just did a 300 mile loop to PK and back trying to find new unpaved roads.

If nothing is happening keep me on the list for other weekends, winter is a fine time to ride!
  10. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    At this point it is looking like a wash:cry I put new tires on for nothing...
    i live here and ride the roads on a regular basis beween here and Granbury and west to Lampasas/ Goldtwaithe area...I will try to keep the thread alive so we can get something going. The Canuck I met thurs called asking to park at my place but he never met up with me:dunno Hope he is ok. He never called and I waited for almost an hour. I will probably go knock he silicone off my tires tomorrow for the hell of it:lol3
  11. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Hey, bro. There be a few of us out here. ;) I'll try to watch the thread. We ride every week-end . Sometimes I'm on the big ugly jugly GS Adv, sometimes the KiLleR. If it ain't never seen a scrub rag, it's probably mine. :evil

Heck, I may go Sunday if it's early. Leave word where you're heading. Can't ride long. Honey-do's are piling up.
  12. RogerDe

RogerDe Dust In The Wind

Oddometer:
    Look forward to some future ds ride's around the central tx area, Need to get a new knob for the Se it eat's em up:evil ...I'll keep & eye on this post ....Ride On...
  13. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Goodness, I've had half my gear on for 2 hours. Is this fog ever gonna lift?If anybody is riding in this soup , be careful out there. I'm heading to the hacienda.
  14. dutch peter

dutch peter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey I am also interested I will keep an eye on the thread.:D
  15. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    MY internet must have messed up yesterday. I missed several PMs. I know about the fog had several close encounters this morning heading to Meridian. New tires and wet pavement makes for some squirelly ridin! Well the mission is to keep the thread alive so we can keep up. BTW Slowold guy, my GSA is a stranger to scrubrag too:lol3
  16. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    I have received PMs looking to ride around Dec 3-5th. Also for the record, I have a HF tire changer, compressor, bike jack and lots of tools if someone needs to work on anything or change tires. All I ask is clean up messes and maybe brings alms of hops:lol3 I have worked on alot of bikes so I don't mind giving you my .02 worth. I also have truck and trailer if anyone suffers a breakdown in the area. I have put this on subscribe going to my Blackberry so I can get emails on new posts:deal
  17. Hunaka

Hunaka n00b tire

Oddometer:
    atown :freaky also Need cheap streetbike slipon can.
  18. J-Ball

J-Ball Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm located West of Austin in Llano Co, I'm in and so is my regular riding partner.....

Longest Ride Ever??? (shit, I may regret saying that here:D )
  19. EnderTheX

EnderTheX Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey ghost pm me if you plan to ride near dfw on the 5th (I don't mind makin miles) I am looking at getting a tire changer myself and always am interested in opinions and experience!
  20. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    I have requests for both the 5th and 6th. Not sure I can do both days. Need to figure out meeting point. I live north of Gatesville but but can meet anywhere.:1drink