Moto Guzzi Stelvio (merged) threadfest...

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by young skywalker, Jan 8, 2006.

1. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats!!! I can't wait till I can make the same post, very soon I hope.

Are you sure it's a 2013 not a 2012? That extra orange in the front had appeared to be one of the differences between them. Do your luggage boxes have the updated latches & lid sealing?

If I could find a 2013 with the extra color I'd be ecstatic.

Thanks for posting a foto, looking forward to reading an initial ride report and impressions.
  2. vivo

vivo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Like that bit of Orange. I first ordered the Orange bike but changed to black. I thought I would have wanted the faring to match but just that extra bit makes a difference.

Enjoy the bike!

Vivo
  3. RefJeff

RefJeff Is it Friday yet?

Oddometer:
    VIN is a 2013.

Chalk it up to the way MG operates. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Mine didn't have the front fork reflectors but had the extra orange. The other one had the reflectors but not the extra orange.

And I have the updated cases with the one-piece gasket and updated latches.
  4. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You don't know how lucky you are to get the proper signals and mirrors.:D
  5. RefJeff

Oddometer:
    It didn't come with the Euro turn signals and mirrors. I had them installed before delivery.
  6. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    Redline Performance is now showing a 2013 model with cast wheels, no Trax and the orange mustache. Same price as the model with spoke wheels and Trax and black mustache.
  7. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
  8. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    Mine is an orange 2013. It has a black mustache and when I noticed that some out there had an orange mustache, I thought that the extra orange looked better. After further reflection though, I prefer the version I have.:deal
  9. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Thanks! What a super bike it is. Revs so easily. Puts the BMW transmission to shame. Better than the beemer at slow speeds, IMO.

Just a nice alternative to the traditional GS. :clap

[​IMG]
  10. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    dude...you're kidding :huh

After reading a few posts about battery terminals growing fuzz.... I made sure I checked them every time I had the seat off. I had that cover off a number of times too, adding and removing accessory hookups (Powerlet Termin-8) before you bought it.

Any signs of a leak anywhere on the battery?
  11. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool and surprising.

Did you pay extra for them or negotiate a deal with them included?

I'd like to have the Euro signals/mirrors and heated grips installed when I pick up the bike if I can work a deal to make that happen. My local dealer was a little hesitant about that.

Care to pop a head cover and take a peek at the tappets ....???? Inquiring minds want to know......
  12. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Maybe he got the Stelvio and the Eldorado mixed up. :dunno

That is pretty odd, though. Isn't the battery box plastic?
  13. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No leaks in the battery and the vent hose looks to be routed properly. Yes the battery box is plastic. I removed the battery to run some wires and the left side of it just turned to powder ???? Very weird. But enough of it is left that it does not really make any difference.

I de fuzzed the terminals while I was in there. :evil and put anti corrosion stuff on them.

Marc
  14. brooklyn slim

brooklyn slim nasty, brutish and tall

Oddometer:
    I know about the difference between the US and Euro turn signals, but how do the mirrors differ?

Still obsessing about whether to pull the trigger on the MG. Main concern is distance to nearest dealer...
  15. RefJeff

Oddometer:
    I got the Euro turn signals and heated grips installed by the dealer. They gave me a 10% discount on all parts. I got $500 off list price for the bike and free labor for my first service.

My dealer is not a typical motorcycle dealer. They don't carry any aftermarket accessories, clothing or helmets. Their main business is a high end auto restoration shop. They don't have hours like a typical motorcycle shop either. But the owners are very customer service oriented and will do whatever is needed to meet your needs.

The real plus for me is they are only 25 minutes from my house.

I will make sure to find out about the tappets at the first service.
  16. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    The most obvious difference is that the US turn signals are integral to the mirrors. :lol3 These mirrors are fairly heavy and tend to vibrate more than "just mirrors" do.

I used the $24 Aprilia mirrors (left, right) to replace the OEM ones. I don't know what the other Stelvio folks are doing, but these seemed like a good choice. They might be the same as the Guzzi "euro" mirrors?
  17. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    I used the Guzzi Sport mirrors. Slightly smaller than the ones that come standard on the Stelvio, but no buzz or vibration so I can actually see what I just passed...... :D

FWIW, Todd at MPH in Houston sells a "kit" that includes the Euro signals + Sport mirrors. If I remember right the whole thing is about $120 delivered to your door. :thumb

-SM
  18. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

It sounds like you've got a great dealer close by.
  19. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    That's a pretty good price, too. Individually the parts should cost about $130 from AF1, not including shipping.
  20. brooklyn slim

brooklyn slim nasty, brutish and tall

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I believe the fairing already has cutouts for the Euro signals. Do you just reroute the wires that go to the mirrors? Is it much of a job to wire them?