Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. barrier

barrier Says who?

Oddometer:
    Hey Brod, My one post there today was of Alien quality!:deal:lol3
  2. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Like 6 liters difference matters anyway - I mean, c'mon, that can only be good for an extra 4km or so, big deal. :D
  3. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes he's through 7 - his Facebook update should be interesting to see what stopped him for 3 hours and that he could fix it :clap
  4. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    caught it, it was indeed :thumb
  5. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yesterday Helder ran out of fuel 4 km from the end:eek1
  6. Resist

Resist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For the skippies in the thread.
    Geoff Olholm and the Coconut Car home in 11th for the stage is a bloody good result. Six Aussies in the top 50, Simon Pavey not far off. Andrew Scott stuck somewhere between WP2 and 3 is a bummer though.
    I'm keeping a table of Aussie results over on my webpage, will try to add more updates, photos etc too - but I don't think they'll be of any value for ADV people - you fanatics will already have seen it all by the time I compile it!
  7. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JC finished!!!!!!!! superb effort

Only 4.19 back.. :D
  8. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    For other pooter idiots like me:

Grab your ipad, and get to this post here.

In Safari, just click on the one you want to watch below:

Eurosport1 is

http://esioslive2-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/201149/AL_ESP1_INT_ENG/playlist_1800.m3u8

Eurosport2 is

http://esioslive2-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/201150/AL_ESP2_INT_ENG/playlist_1800.m3u8

France2 is

http://chunk-output-1.live.tv-radio.com/canalplus/android/index/1040/02.m3u8

France3 is

http://chunk-output-1.live.tv-radio.com/canalplus/android/index/1050/02.m3u8

France4 is

http://chunk-output-1.live.tv-radio.com/canalplus/android/index/1300/02.m3u8

It should open a new tab in Safari, and there you go, good stuff to watch. :D

I recommend opening the first one, make sure it works, bookmark it, close that tab, open the next, etc... so that when you get the word that there's coverage on xxxx, you can just click in and go.

I'm gonna go to bed a little less stupid tonight. :D
  9. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    JC at the stage finish +04:19:39
    :clap:clap:clap
  10. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats only 0.8km/l :huh

In sand a 450 bike will burn something like 6km/l :hmmmmm or an additional 36 km in deep sand. Quite a difference.:D
  11. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    SB Report:

Another podium for Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain - Paulo Goncalves second in the stage.

Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain notched up another noteworthy performance. Nazca, one of Peru’s most famous archaeological cities played host to today’s stage, where it was the turn of Paulo Goncalves to take the podium in second place just seconds behind winner Lopez. Paulo would have been in third overall place were it not for a fifteen minute penalty picked up for a first engine change. Alessandro Botturi put in a great performance too, taking fourth place in spite of a fall.

Joan Barreda was less fortunate, breaking his rear wheel as he landed after a jump just forty kilometres into the special test. Until that moment Barreda on his TE449RR by Speedbrain had been in command of the race, but was forced to slow down considerably to be able to get through the special, losing over thirty minutes in doing so.

After three stages, the top Husqvarna rider in the overall standings is the private Spanish rider Jordi Viladoms, a kind of ‘special customer’ of the Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, who sits in eighth place in the overall table.

Tomorrow the treacherous stage of Nazca Arequipa awaits with 718 km (449 miles) of which 289 km (180 miles) are special test.

Paulo Goncalves: "I really pushed it today and am happy about the podium. It was a shame that I got stuck in a dune and lost about a minute trying to get going again. I wanted to win and came pretty close to it."

Alessandro Botturi: "What a giant roll I did!!! A 100 km in I jumped badly over a dune and turned over. Luckily I was alright. Then I had to slow down due to the enormous amount of dust."

Joan Barreda: "I was going really well until 40 km in, when I landed after a jump and broke the rear wheel. I was forced to stop to try and sort out the damage, but there was nothing I could do about it. So I had to carry on at a slower pace until the end of the special. A shame! But that’s the Dakar. Tomorrow is another day!"

Team Manager, Wolfgang Fischer: "Today was the reverse of the situation for all our riders. Paulo and Alessandro did well, Joan and Matt had problems. It was a shame about Joan’s technical set-backs, he was really going flat out until then. Tomorrow will be a really hard stage. Joan and Matt start out from behind and will have the chance to make up ground."

Third Stage Result:
    1. Lopez (CHL, KTM),
    2. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 1:08 min behind,
    3. Despres (FRA, KTM) 4:08,
    4. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 5:05,
    5. Przygonski (POL, KTM) 5:20,
    40. Matt Fish (AUS, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 29:52,
    44. Joan Barreda (ESP, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 33:02

Overall Standings After Three Stages:
    1. Despres (FRA, KTM),
    2. Lopez (CHL, KTM) 2:51 min behind,
    3. Ullevalseter (NOR, KTM) 4:59,
    4. Pain (FRA, Yamaha) 6:03,
    5. Casteu (FRA, Yamaha) 6:08,
    8. Jordi Viladoms (ESP, Husqvarna) 9:35,
    12. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 10:59,
    16. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 19:45,
    18. Joan Barreda (ESP, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 20:04,
    31. Matt Fish (AUS, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 26:12
  12. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    and Luis is in, both girls are in, but I am still not sure if Ignacio ever left....
  13. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:

Awesome, thank you!

Does it load OK?

[​IMG]
  14. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    :clap looks great :clap
  15. Screamingeagle3

Screamingeagle3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    from eurosport site.....hovering :rofl
    [​IMG]
  16. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    Awesome! :clap:clap:clap
  17. road2blue

road2blue road2blue

Oddometer:
    I've been concerned about him as well. This was posted earlier today on the RallyRaid Canada Website:

"Just in from Natalie at 9:10 am, Don has apparently stopped for some reason, she got a text from a UK rider (how do they have time to text??) Anyway, breaking news as it comes"

So I don't know what has happened. I don't know which timezone the 9:10 AM references....could be west coast Canada which would be just after noon Peru time I think. Hope someone close to things can give us an update and I really hope Don is okay!
  18. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Post a couple of pages back - couldn't fix the bike and so didn't start SS3. :cry
  19. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Stringcheese:

Position 95 M. Lucchese TM 3h,45min,55sec
    Variation 1h,08min,01sec
    Final Standing 92
  20. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very very cool gif's, Flood.

Those crests are impossible to see in the middle of the day, its really amazing he recovered so well