Six Nations 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Wildman, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Italy played an amazing game. I attribute the Bleus losing for two reasons. 1. No support in the back line. I counted at least three times when some poor Bleus back took off upfield and nobody was there to sustain the meters. Italy smartly picked it back up & returned it. 2. That. Ref. Sucked. I'm watching the last 10 minutes aghast because the guy isn't even blowing the whistle when the scrum collapsed. Repeatedly.
  2. George Papadopolis

George Papadopolis between

Oddometer:
    Nige is one of the best there is and he had Wayne Barnes running touch. Just because a scrum goes down does not mean their is foul play...the IRB wants refs speeding the game upand that means changing the wording to crouch, touch, set and not calling ticky tacky stuff.
    France D was none existant on the first try but skothered after that...Italys brilliance was in the counter attack.
  3. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    There may not be foul play, but my understanding is that you're still supposed to blow the whistle.
  4. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    I may be wrong but if the ball is on its way out no sense in resetting if there is no foul play.
  5. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    DOH, I totally forgot it started last weekend. Anyway, is this the 1st time the eye-ties have beat the Frogs?? Major upset, si?

Bravo Italia
  6. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Si! Only their third win in 34 attempts.
  7. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    Good for them - its good to see some under dogs win some rugby union matches.

Now only if the USA Eagles could get some big wins.

Anyway, BBC America is showing some matches, I wish they were showing the England v. Ireland match, but NOOOO

Thus, I will either have to try & find it on internet & run the HDMI to TV or head to NYC to watch it in a pub - I always like the 2nd option better.

You Europeans have it good, either that or I just like too many of ur sports, F1, MotoGP & Rugby:clap:clap

(though we do get the motor sports, just not as good as U do)

Go Irish
  8. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    2 wins out of the last 2 meetings though, starting a trend!
  9. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are still the reigning Olympic Champions!

If only you could rediscover the form of 1924. :D
  10. windmills

windmills Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a first weekend! Three cracking games.

Random thoughts...

England looked reasonably good against an iffy Scottish performance. I'd say there was better in both teams, More so in England's case... (but then I would think that! :evil)

Ireland looked pretty bloody good to me, outstanding in the case of BO'D and Zebo. I have no idea what has gone on in the Welsh team... they were playing so well with such a great attacking style only last year, can't quite see how its gone so awry. But they did seem to be getting flashbacks to that in the second half, and might have come even closer if they had trusted their backs a bit more right at the end instead of just hammering away ruck after ruck.
    Wales will get better, but have a hard old road now.

Italy vs France. Wow!
    Great to see Italy continue to take strides forward and that may have been the most complete game they have put together yet, with touches of real style.
    I have a lot of time for French rugby (and France/ the French generally), but it must be infuriating to be a French rugby fan. They just did not look like they could be arsed. That was pretty much unforgivable.

I cannot wait for this weekend! :clap
    Scotland may have some trouble ahead.

France/Wales? Who wants it more? I dont know, but France have always been capable of the "one-naff-game, one-brilliant game" thing, so it may be easier for them to get it together. Although a bad first 20mins will see that fickle crowd turn against them...

Ireland v England. Ah, that will be fierce. Cummon whites!

I love the 6 Nations.
  11. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    Must find free web hook up for the Irish game

Go Irish

[​IMG]
  12. Shaft

Shaft counting my blessings

Oddometer:
  13. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haskell in at blind side for Morgan (injured), Wood to No.8, and Tuilagi back from injury on the bench replacing the idiot Strettle. Can't believe Goode kept his place but as the alternative was Brown to fullback and Strettle on the wing, I'm not too disappointed. What Varndell (the Premiership's leading try scorer) has to do to get in the Saxons, let alone the full international team heaven only knows. I know that I'm bias being a Wasp but really, it's ludicrous.
  14. windmills

windmills Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another Waspy! Hello.

Goode was a bit average last game, but I still like that we aren't changing the team every game and making the same mistake we did for ever as I grew up. But he is only keeping the place warm for Foden.
    I am really pleased that Twelvetrees kept his place, in the past England would have rushed to get back to the old team soon as. Tuilagi will be champing at the bit when he gets a go... finally we have a head coach who gets it.
    I think Varndell has been dismissed pretty much due to perceived weakness in defence.

Pretty happy with the team, but not expecting anything. Just looking forward to a good game and hoping.
  15. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Windmills; once a Wasp, always a Wasp! Played '84-'89, skippered the "B XV", vice-captained the "Casuals".

Anyone who saw the season-saving tackle Varndell made on Vesty at Bath could put up a good argument about his defensive capability. I suspect it's more his personality and I understand that, he can come across as an arrogant wanker at times.
  16. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
  17. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    To the guys who pm'ed me the web links for 6 nations

Thanks

Watching the eye-ties get rolled by the Scotsmen.
  18. Frougby

Frougby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, this years tournament got very interesting with the scots shellacking the itals.

Good job scotland I've been waiting to see a result like that for some time.:clap
  19. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    GO Wales

OMG - the France v. Wales just started & the 1st scrum the field fell apart - WTF

Look at the turf - Oh boy this will be ugly & someone will fcuk a knee up
  20. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't much care who wins in Paris just a long as neither Davies nor Parra (if he comes on) score as I dropped them from my Fantasy team. :D

Mermoz, Picamoles, Szarzewski and 1/2d can fill their boots though!