dirty little secret

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Pigeon, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Pigeon

Pigeon because white owl was taken

Oddometer:
    my riding buddies are always amazed at how fast i am.what the lard asses fail to realize is power to weight ratio. at 130# its like my bike lost 50-80 pounds. the dummies haven't figured it out and i ain't telling.:1drink
    '
  2. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    I'm fat, but that's a secret also.
  3. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    brilliant!
  4. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    That was my secrete for many years too - at 5' 7'' I was under 120lbs until my mid 40's. My bikes were always faster, and when I stripped them down they were faster still. They just thought I was a good rider.

You don't see many lard arses in MotoGP, or any other motorcycle sport for that matter. It's stupid to carry that sort of handicap.
  5. Ceri JC

Ceri JC UK GSer

Oddometer:
    One of the UK bike magazines did a story a couple of years back. It was about a chap who raced Enduro who weighed about 300 pounds. Even then he used to regularly get podium finishes. Once he lost about 140 pounds, no one could touch him.
  6. randyo

randyo Long timer

Oddometer:
    fat people can wheelie easier
  7. wvboy

wvboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The fatter and happier I get the less I care how fast anybody else is :1drink
  8. dieselpete

dieselpete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny thing, I'm shedding a few pounds to "hot rod" the GS! I thought I was the only one adjusting the power to weight ratio through diet, and excercise! :lol3
  9. mhpr262

mhpr262 Long timer

Oddometer:
    God forbid I ever lose weight, I would never be able to use that as an excuse for being slow anymore :lol3
  10. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does that work for reducing injury too?

I imagine that my 160# tumbles to the side of the trail with less impact than people with more mass. I have no proof . . .
  11. BlueDaksi

BlueDaksi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :boid :flip Unfortunately, the OP, whose skinny ass, no doubt, I could kick... :D has a point. But fortunately for me, I've lost over 100lbs in the last year, which is why I'm back on a bike :ricky I consider my continued weight loss to be the best "mod" I can make to improve my bike's performance. :lol3
  12. Pigeon

Pigeon because white owl was taken

Oddometer:
    only if you can catch me lard ass:lol3
  13. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess that's why Kevin Windham is so slow. At 185#'s you shouldn't have any problem kicking his ass.:rofl
  14. BlueDaksi

BlueDaksi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :muutt :lol3
  15. johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure, you girly men are faster. But I'm sick of picking up your bikes for you because you can't! :muutt :D

Signed, 250 lb man on 250cc bike.
  16. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    LOL, faster on BIKES! 25 years ago, my group of snowmobile buds asked along a co-worker we had all come to know. He had just bought a fast machine from Yamaha (Exciter 570) and we all had similar high powered (at the time) hot-rods. The cabin we rented was on a lake where multiple drag races were simultaneously going on most of the time. Our new riding bud Donny was ALWAYS waaayyy behind, all 140 lbs. of him. We ribbed the hell out of him, for being slow, told hime "don't be AFRAID, squeeze the throttle ALL THE WAY!" which prompted him to scream, "GODDAMMIT, I AM!!!!" "There must be something wriong with your machine, let me try it" I said. I promptly dusted him on his own machine. The smoke shot out his ears... even after lot's of evening beer drinking,:freaky lie telling and needling,:1drink the ruse was maintained. :D

Two weeks later, at coffee break at work, I revealed that all of us 240 lb. fat asses had a very real traction advantage (studded or not) over the same machine with a light rider.:deal The lake was too short for the top-end advantage of a light rider to come into play.
    Damn, was he pissed!!!! :lol3
  17. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Funny thing is, 20 years and 20 pounds past my skinny days I can still get down a trail faster than most of you skinny little guys. Remember, almost all of us were built like that once upon a time. Which is why I ride a 640 now. It doesn't seem to be overly concerned with that extra 20 pounds. :lol3
  18. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    :deal:lol3

Jim :brow
  19. doorman

doorman Aimless

Oddometer:
    130lbs.......Ah to be twelve again. :rofl
  20. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
    Sure, I could stand to lose um, well... a lot. Several stone, let's say.

But then I'd need to recalibrate the suspension on all my bikes. :bluduh