World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    I got the Scout award... with the T14 Heavy, also got top gun, steel wall, and cool-headed... And a loss...:huh in one pub game. My team REALLY sucked :lol3
  2. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I hate to say it, but I'm glad it's not just me.

And then I get one or two good games that get me hooked again. Right after that win in the KV-4, I ninja capped in my Hellcat for another win. 24-31 overall yesterday.
  3. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Angling your armor is crucial. I'm running the 105 now, but I think the 88 L/71 may be better because of reload time. Pens a bit more, but damage is lower. Pretty accurate too. I seem to get hit in the gun more often than not though. I have a 170% crew and the rammer. I can't swallow the 600k credits for vents though. I generally run binocs and a net just because I have 2 extra slots:lol3

Do. Not. Charge. Use it like a Lee/medium and it will work better for you.
  4. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah. went 7-11 yesterday. The wins were't coming but my efficiency was at 1366:huh

I was usually going 2 for 3 per tank before I got a win. Except for one, I jumped in the Patton figuring I'd lose some silver for a fun battle, but we ended up winning AND I survived with 26% health:clap
  5. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sent
  6. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I feel fortunate to be calling it a day at 6/12
  7. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    It's been so atrocious, I'm not blaming the teams anymore. Maybe it is XVM, or something else, but I think my own strategies have changed and somehow it has been for the worse. I need to watch replays this week and compare them to a few weeks ago.

I've already identified one deficiency. My current grind is split between the T71, M46, SU-152, T28, Object 212, and Cromwell. Of those, only the T28 on a city map can carry a flank to victory of its own volition. In any other situation, these vehicles are generally limited to fire support or target acquisition roles.
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    The only tank I'm trying to grind past is the SU100. It doesn't get matched as well as the SU85 did, and the gun (100mm) is terrible. I haven't tried teh 122 yet, maybe that would be better?

the 4502p (A) was supposed to make 30% more credits for the special this weekend, but I ended up losing money every time I ran it. Conversely, the Stug/T28 would make 30k a battle. Heck I got almost 30k on a loss with the leFH18B2!
  9. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the bonuses this weekend were way off. I tried grinding credits in my IS-3, which is topped out, elite, and formidable, but barely cleared 10k in the best of times. My tier 4-7's did much better, even the 1's and 2's were about on par, played well.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    A pattern I'm seeing recently is that in order to break even or make money in high tier non-premium tanks (Tier 7+), you have to do damage at least equal to your tank's hit points. Yes, I have a premium account. I would have made money on that KV-4 match I posted last night, even without my premium status, or the bonus. Not much, but it would have been something. If you lose at Tier 8 or higher, you're probably going to lose credits. It's the way the game economy is set up.
  11. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Yup. That screenshot above, I only pocketed around 15-20K from that. And that's with doing 5K in damage, and I don't use the fancy smancy shells.
  12. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I played the IS3 a lot Sunday to try to get my crew up to 100% on their next skill. I got about 8% for each of em. Now they are at 94 I think. I came out pretty good with it credit wise. There were a few atrocious battles where we got wiped, but overall it was better than any other tank I tried running.
  13. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am not convinced that the x3 crew training weekends actually give you x3 for the crews, Ed and I did some experimenting with that before and could not figure out if it was actually working.
  14. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    This was a tight one, but I ninja capped FTW....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    All you need to do is to take a look at individual crew member's EXP number differential before and after each battle with x3 bonus.. compare that differential number with the EXP given from the battle result.
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, I call it a success.....at one point, I was 2-5, and I came back with 4 wins in a row to get to 6-5......better than I've done recently in one session.
  17. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which is what we did, but the math did not work out. Maybe we were using tanks with advanced crew training on, but we were writing down the xp for everyone and it did not add up in a way that made sense.
  18. Theaty Hannington

Theaty Hannington Long timer

Oddometer:
    The AMX40 is so OP it's not even funny. I mean, it's faster than any tank on the battlefield*. It has a fine gun with alright pen for a T4. It has two turrets. Two! A main turret and a little one on top of that which rotates automatically. It has sloped sides and gets a ton of ricochets. It is a steel blue color. Get this baby in the open field and I don't even need the rest of my team -- I will circle of death the entire other team at once! When are they gonna nerf this baby? :deal

*Provided the other tank is either a TOG or tracked.
  19. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Probly that advance crew training check making it more difficult to calculate.. Sum of all crew members' differentials vs EXP received from x3 battle/#of crew.. that'll be my guess.
  20. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    good luck circling a TOG in that... a Luchs has issues with the TOG. Remember the turret on a TOG turns at about 30 degrees per seccond.

What is the top speed on those things fully upgraded anyways?