British Motorcycle Gear/ Belstaff

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dantegod, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Dantegod

Dantegod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys seem to have the sizing worked out.. Hey Birdie did you pass me in a Silver Cloud yesterday?

Paul
  2. drmajor

drmajor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got your summer jacket at Daytona this year.

I am surprised at how it works. On my GSA, I've ridden at 80-85 so far and been fine except when in traffic. Not sure anything would be cool then.

Issues-
    1- Would love a lighter color as I can feel the sun heating up the black fabric.
    2- Something in the neck keeps pulling my hair- on both sides of the collar.
    3- Sizing.... 4XL when I usually wear XL or XXL.

My Belstaf winter gear is the best! 3+ years old and still new. With a Gerbing liner 30 degree riding is comfortable on my LT.
  3. Icewalker

Icewalker Conundrum

Oddometer:
    btw is Belstaff still made in the UK or have they gone the route of 'made in china'?
  4. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Paul, it wasn't me..... I drive (when they let me !!!) the Phantom :wink:

Cheers,
  5. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    The manufacturing of products these days depends a lot on the country were the material is produced. Waxed cotton is still done in the UK.. Leather from Belstaff is done in Italy since they seem to have a reputation for fairly good leather production:D . Armour is done in the UK by Knox they are the world leader in this industry... Textile fabrics are manufactured by a few industry leaders Dupont, Texland, 3M, Nomex.. Many are USA based companies although their manufacturing facilities are mostly in Asia. As a manufacturer we seek out the best materials for motorcycle garment applications.. This takes us round the globe these days and as you guys know travel is the best education..
  6. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    Daytona was fun this year...We only got thrown out of the Shark Tank Once.. We just resized the Zodiac Jackets.. They have been cut very small in the past and the new cut will be similar to the fit of the rest of the line. We are also adding 3m grey reflective piping to the trim on this jacket... This was suggested by some ADVrider regulars and the samples just came in.. It blends in with the fabric so you don't even know it is there but at night you light up... I am not sure why the neck collar is pulling your hair..? We have looked at doing different colors in this jacket but the black does a great job of stopping the light from going through the fabric which is part of the reason they are so comfortable in the hot sun.. The fabric breaths well so heat absorption is minimal you just have to be moving to keep air flow... Since we sell these alot for playing in the dirt black requires less cleaning as well..

Paul
    www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
  7. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Do you guys think these jackets would sell if we bring them into the USA ? They are real motorcycle jackets...

Paul
    www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
  8. Schtum

Schtum Free Genie

Oddometer:
    Not the ones that McGregor and Boorman are wearing in the pics....!?!?!? :eek1

I know that Boorman has said that they were terrible pieces of kit and were nowhere near being waterproof. They were also ridiculously expensive for what they were. I don't know how much you'd be able to retail them for in the USA but over here, Grand Prix Legends were trying to sell the 50 examples, which they said they'd secured, for 600 UK Pounds for just the jacket! At current rates of exchange that's c. $1200 US.

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/Mot...ends)/BEL039(GPL_BaseCatalog)/MotoLegends.htm

All of that is consistent with the exclusive designer clothing ethos which the Italian owners of Belstaff are trying to peddle. I've always thought, thank God for you guys since you're the last vestige of good, honest, well-priced and well made motorcycle clothing sold under the Belstaff banner. Don't do it...!
  9. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Paul, When yall gonna git some red in that thar Adventure jacket?
  10. Aquilius

Aquilius Two Axes, No Waiting

Oddometer:
    Can you let us know when this happens? I'm looking for a new summer weight riding jacket and this one looks good if it has reflective piping added. Visibility on dark jackets is an absolute must in my opinion and my wife refuses to wear hi-vis vests.

Also, count me in on looking for summer weight pants if you start carrying them. I commute on the bike 90% of the time and just bought a pair of Tour Master pants to provide protection. But these have NO style.

I want something that has 3m piping everywhere, strong textile knees, with long, wide strips of textile down the outside leg and butt area. The inner thighs and shins can be mesh for good air flow. Rain protection? Inner liner or extra rain suit, imho.

I'll have to post a picture of Mindi in her older Belstaff jacket. :raabia Wowza.

Cheers!

Aquilius
  11. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Could not have said it better myself :thumb

My one overriding image of Charlie is with his zips undone on his pants at the bottom since they weren't big enough to fit over his boots. I really got the impression Ewan and Charlie hated the kit but wore it for commerical reasons.
  12. Dantegod

Oddometer:
  13. monkeyfez

monkeyfez Enabler....

Oddometer:
    i've got two of your jackets that I love. Just did 2253miles in a mercury in 3 days. I love BMG jackets. now having said that. There is NO way I'd drop a penny on these pieces of .....gear. Did the designer even get on a bike?

NO your adventure jacket is on my short list. Just waiting for yellow.
  14. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    Paul - any chance of a pant version of the Adventure jacket ? I have just aquired an Adventure jacket (sorry...it was from an inmate here on ADV :D - but in my defence is it my 3rd Belstaff and I LOVE it) and I would love some pants similar to the Adventure in style, colo(u)r, function etc.

Any chance of this happening :ear
  15. Aquilius

Aquilius Two Axes, No Waiting

Oddometer:
    Is the Adventure jacket a well vented jacket for summer riding? Going from the foothills of Colorado to the Mountains and back, I need an ADV jacket that I can also wear to work on the summer 100 degree pavement. Would the Adventure jacket be too hot?

If not, then an Adeventure pant to go with it would be awseome! :thumbup

Cheers!

Aquilius
  16. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    Let see if we can get a response from one of the Inmates to see if it works for them.. I work here so you know what I think... We are working on doing an Adventure Pant again, but it will be a while since this is a slow process on the design and manufacturing end..

We are looking at doing some new magazine ads and need a great picture of someone doing something cool in an BMG Adventure jacket... Anyone up for the Challenge... How about $1000 prize plus a full suit to anyone that gives us a picture good enough to use in a national ad campaign.. Has to be High resolution... What do you guys think..

Paul
  17. Schtum

Schtum Free Genie

Oddometer:
    I should be riding in the Bay Area in just over 3 weeks, wearing my blue Adventure Jacket and my Adventure Pants and again in Oregon a couple of weeks later.

Ad Campaign: Intrepid Scottish Adventurer Rides the Colonies in BMG Adventure Suit. :wink:
  18. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    In my experience the only really really effective venting on a jacket while riding a bike (or certainly the best) is on the arms. In this regards the Adventure jacket has great venting. This side of a full mesh jacket, this is the best vented jacket I have owned - it has other venting besides on the arms BTW.
  19. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Adventure jacket has the first stain on it ! :huh Shiiiiiiiit !

:lol3

Oh, yes it vents very well. Two big arm vents - from the bicep down to the wrist (two way zipper !!!), two "collar bone" vents and two exhaust vents on the back . And it's so light !

Now I want matching pants.....

See you at Americade :clap

Cheers,
  20. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    I got mine muddy for the first time at the 3-State DS ride over the weekend. It held up very well and now has a nice patena to it.

It also rained and I thought the waterproof outer was going to be a PIA but I actually like it - there is no chance of it soaking into the jacket and making it all wet and heavy.