No longer a virgin - dropped it yesterday.

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by FlyFishJeff, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    A few weeks ago I pulled over on highway 1 to let 2 cars go by, the bottom of my left jeans leg got caught on the footpeg....my right foot was on gravel and the onshore wind was blowing me over to the left. I fell over right into the road and thought somebody was going to run over my head.

Cars pulled over everywhere to help, one car just drove right around me. After the bike was righted with assistance I told everybody "that was my first dump" with a big stupid grin on my face. Everyone left pretty quickly at that point.....

Either a car almost ran me over or it looked far more dramatic than it felt, everybody was very concerned that I was ok. Nice people to stop and help.

Later in a cafe I heard somebody say. "there's that bike...."
    :lol3
  2. M.Mars

M.Mars Just some dude

Oddometer:
    yup done that. Front wheel on the flat road while the rear wheel was still on a steep driveway. Needless to say where i wanted to put my foot was way way down.
  3. Cale_Kat

Cale_Kat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in.... Wrong foot down and over she went.

[​IMG]
  4. Jayrod1318

Jayrod1318 Poster

Oddometer:
  5. LittlePosum

LittlePosum Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer:
    My DRZ when down and took me with it. First time laying it down happened on Saturday a nice day ride circumnavigating Mt. Hood began with a burley detour up Mt. Defiance. I was way in over my head skill wise for that trail. I fell 3 times on the way up and once on the way down. My bikes not so shiny anymore! Lucky it only suffered a half busted clutch lever. I learned a lot and didn't crash again... well, until the next day.
  6. Craneguy

Craneguy British Hooligan

Oddometer:
    I dropped my V-Strom twice in the first two weeks of owning it. Practicing very tight figure eights as soon as I got it home, and hitting the brakes out of a very steep driveway and putting the downhill foot down...down...down. Tore my rotator cuff in that one. Arm was numb for 10 minutes.

I have mainly owned sports bikes, and the added CG height can take some getting used to. I put on a PCV and now have no fear of gassing it in tight turns.

Damage has been limited to a broken front indicator and some scratches. Engine crash bars make a huge difference. The indicator is is the only thing that sticks out beyond them.

0 mph falls are the worst. Nothing makes you feel more like a noob (with the possible exception of forgetting to reset he kill switch, or gearing up and losing your keys...only to have your buddy ride up and pass them to you from your top-box!)
  7. FlyFishJeff

FlyFishJeff Gimme Three Steps

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Props to you for getting a picture! The last thing on my mind after the drop was stopping to take a pic. I was so embarrassed that I could not pick that bike up fast enough!
  8. Ed~

Ed~ What, Me Worry?

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between taking off the riding gear and finding the camera I think I would have switched the ignition off before taking a photo...

Dripping fuel from the tank vent lines is usually too much in my mind to allow for finding just the right angle for that priceless shot however.