Honda CBR250R.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Paulvt1, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Turtlebone

Turtlebone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys for all the responses. After reading up on here and cbr250.net, I was able to have a much more enjoyable experience on my next ride. MUCH better :)
  2. sendler

sendler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    :baldy Now just why did I have to go look at that. :lol3
  4. Toysrme

Toysrme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bahahahahahahaha that's hillarious
  5. Nixels

Nixels Face fears - live life

Oddometer:
    Then it could be the Honda 305 Dream CBR. :deal

:lol3
  6. sendler

sendler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The new piston is high compression though and would need premium gas. At least.
  7. Toysrme

Toysrme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would need more than premium gas.
    Better break out a J&S box. LoL

And hope the notoriously low quality metallurgy is fine long-term!
  8. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
    This.

A buddy bought a piston ring set from some Chinese company that managed to run exactly 12 revolutions before it split cleanly in two. Inspection later revealed it was the first class heat treatment it got (none) that caused the failure.

Pays your money, kiss it goodbye.
  9. Toysrme

Toysrme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we use to re-do DIY repair work all the time at the dealer. the chiense can't even make gasket kits for cars that sell millions of units per generation, who wants to buy a block and piston they wont sell 1,000 of?
  10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  11. garrett the nerd

garrett the nerd Sprocket Protector

Oddometer:
    Like everything about that except those bags; they look like they belong on an 80's-era Suzuki GS :huh
  12. sendler

sendler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the dyno chart of the CBR250R with the optimum shift points painted on to give an idea of how much power band we are using and how it related to the engine torque band.
    [​IMG]
  13. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Never heard of anybody shifting at the torque peak, torque gets you moving, I shift at the HP peak...nice to know I've been shifting right according to my butt dyno right at 8500, falls on its face right about 8600 anyways.

Raining cats and dogs, ordered winter tires last week and they're not here yet...should be fun today!!

:freaky

14,000 on the stock tires, probably 6k left in them, but I don't really trust the rear in the wet.

Gonna put on some BT45's for the winter, then finish off the stocks in the spring. Thinking about trying the radials that come on the WR250R for next summer.
  14. rs42sport

rs42sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn Larry already at 14k... Any problems so far?? How many miles to a tank now or is there no change...
  15. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I should put a drive chain on it, I lube it twice a day trying to get more out of it. Seems pretty good once it gets some heat in it, then lumpy and ugly when it cools down. :lol3

MPG's have stayed the same at 58. If I get favorable winds both directions I've come close to 61 mpg. Low of 48 mpg pushing a wicked head wind, little guy wouldn't pull 6th that day. High of 68 mpg riding back roads under 60 mph.

Local dealers still can't get the ZG wind screens for the 250, it's on their website for ordering as of last week...gonna order the touring screen.

No problems with the bike itself, runs great and doesn't burn oil.
  16. Bugz

Bugz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think you're looking wrong at the graph. The right lines show the shift points, the left lines (which all have the same colours as the right ones)) show where you will get after you shifted up.

Imagine pinning the bike in second (yellow line) thus around 9800 rpm, the rpm will drop to 7300iesh

Im only not sure about the 1st gear. Seems like a really big RPM drop to me.
  17. sendler

sendler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First gear has to redline. It is that much jump to second.
  18. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

Have you tried this? [​IMG]

I've heard reports of chain life of 25k and more. I personally haven't put that kind of mileage on my chained bikes but I do like the lack of mess with the product.
  19. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Doh! I get it now, thanks!! I haven't found any advantage to wringing it to redline in 1st, it's takes so long to get there that it seems better to shift by 8500 in all gears. The stopwatch might say otherwise, but I get impatient waiting for redline and just shift it.

Not that one specifically, but various other anti-fling delayed viscosity wax chain lubes. I tried a dry moly by Zep for awhile, but it seemed to get drier over time.

I've never heard of a 25k 520 chain, 530 yes, 520 no.
  20. sendler

sendler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use the DuPont chain wax. 15.056 miles and the chain hasn't stretched. Probably time for a new tire I have already sitting in my basement now that the weather is turning really bad. I did shim my cush drive and that helped with some chain noise.