VFR Thread, How many of us have 'em?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chad_NC, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Brynjolfr

Brynjolfr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does this include the VF500 Interceptors? I have one out in the barn. Not, technically mine since I gave it to my best friend's daughter but she hasn't come to get it since she found out that she has to be 18 to get licensed on it.
  2. DeedsyDragon

DeedsyDragon Moto Dragon

Oddometer:
    I've got a 5th gen. Thanks anyway!
  3. antwon412

antwon412 Long timer

Oddometer:
    HUUUUUUUUUUGE improvement. You send in your seat along with a couple pictures of yourself sitting on it along with instructions of what you'd like. You give him your measurements as well and he makes it now you want it.

Very much worth it. Check out the website for more info. Also known as a Spencer's seat mod if you look it up.
  4. zDollar Bill

zDollar Bill Fiery But Mostly Peaceful

Oddometer:
  5. Lolthatguy

Lolthatguy Has a Zombie House

Oddometer:
    It is a great track, but costs $55 to get 6 runs.
    Its expensive, but you get a legal place to race, fire crews, ambo's and you cant go to gaol for racing there and get your bike impounded. Win win!
  6. Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow Thread Ninja

Oddometer:
    I took an old cbr in the shed oi
    Out once was pretty fun

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
  7. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Nice vid! Good job. :clap

Nah, NOT expensive at all I don't reckon. Less than ten bucks a run. It's something that's still on my bucket list.
  8. Dunkel

Dunkel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So its been almost a year..... I guess I don't post or lurk outside of the basement often. :D

It's a 95, mileage was 21K when I picked it up, 22.5K now and loving it more and more.

Picked it up off a coworker that bought it off the original owner, rode it a few times then parked it in a garage (got married and his wife wasn't happy :rofl). $1200 Came with new leathers and luggage that still had the tags on them.

As far as the pipe best I can tell is it's a custom job with a yosh pipe. I have a hand written sheet with pipe lengths, and collector info.

Some pics. It, sadly, sat like this for another 6 months.

[​IMG]

Finally got around to rebuilding the carbs, recoated the tank, new fluids, plugs, and tires and it was running.

Tank was a little rusty.......
    [​IMG]

First day out. She'll never be this nice again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll try to be less of a stranger.
    Cheers
    Dunkel
  9. ssason

ssason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. SwellsRides

SwellsRides Come ride the Himalayans!!

Oddometer:
    Just purchased a 96 VFR750!

My buddy hadn't registered it for several years, and hadn't ridden it much before that either, as it only has 15K on the clock!! :eek1

My other friend rebuild the carbs, put a pipe, airfilter and new rubbers on her, and she is now race ready!! Took it out for a few hours yesterday, and she rides like new!! I'll post some photos when I get a chance, but she is pretty much stock, aside from the pipe.

I'll look through the thread to see what you guys are running for bags, as I think I may need some.

Looking forward to some nice trips on her.
    Glad I found this group, as I am sure to have some questions as things move along.

Cheers!
    Swells
  11. jas67

jas67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on your purchase. I have a '96 as well. I'm running Hepco Becker racks and bags, primarily, because I already had the bags, and have racks for them on two other bikes. I got the racks from Moto Machines.

Side racks:
    http://www.motomachines.com/Side-carrier--Honda-VFR-750-from-94--97_p_1799.html

Rear/top rack:
    http://www.motomachines.com/Rear-Rack--Honda-VFR-750-from-94--97_p_1800.html

See more pics here:
    http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/jay_snyder67/slideshow/VFR750

The side cases are 30L "Juniors", the top case a 50L "Journey", which I hate, because I can't just latch it closed w/o locking it with the key. I've sinced purhased the 55L "Junior" top case to replace it. That top case, like the side cases can be latched closed w/o having to lock it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. SwellsRides

SwellsRides Come ride the Himalayans!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks man!

Mine looks identical to your, sept your looks MUCH shinier, and by the looks of things, some tool in a cage didn't back in to the left side of the bike while it was parked and crack the fairing.

got the black tank bra and all. Was thinking of getting a tinted shield as well. Very nice rack and bags! Thanks for the insight and recommendation.
  13. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    anyone interested in a set of GIVI side racks (also gives you a top rack) for a 4th gen before it goes to eBay?

I also have a 4th gen monorack for just a top case.

Don't have the bike anymore, never even mounted the monorack so it's still in the box.
  14. SnoPro753

SnoPro753 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My new to me VFR:

-Owner had all the maintenance records from Honda dealer up the road from him. Test ride checked out.

-Farkles include: Elka rear shock, progressive front springs, Sargent seat, Ken's top case bracket, scottoiler, risers, peg lowering, speedohealer, heated grips, laminar lip, lights, fuel cell hookup, and other stuff I've forgotten.

Here are the pics. Excited to get plates and ride.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. zDollar Bill

Oddometer:
    ^^ Snopro what year is that? Looks great! I like the driving lights, can you check for the name/ brand?
  16. Lolthatguy

Lolthatguy Has a Zombie House

Oddometer:
    Great looking bike SnoPro!
    Paint your radiator black and it will tie in with your seat and wont clash with the silver of the bike as much.
    Very nice example of a very nice bike :clap
  17. zDollar Bill

Oddometer:
    Here is a '04 I just picked up. 7000+ miles with ABS, I added the bags and bought a white seat cowl.
    Painted the cowl with black plasti-dip to match. Now I might paint the radiator black, good idea rat110!!

[​IMG]
  18. awork13

awork13 Gas was made to burn

Oddometer:
    Is that front tire on backwards?

19. zDollar Bill

Oddometer:
    I had to go check, it sure looked like it. Nope it has arrow pointing the right way.
    It is a Shinko, I already have replacement ready to mount. Handle bars shake back and forth when I take my hands off the bars. If the new tire won't fix that I will look into a stabilizer.
  20. ssason

ssason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The VFR doesn`t need a stabilizer ... So go ahead checking the tire and chassis adjustment ; -)