Over the River & Through the Woods II: 2000 Miles on a 250

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by jckid, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Great report, thanks for sharing :thumb :thumb
  2. dickosaurus

dickosaurus Geezer Coalition Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed your ride report. All quite enjoyable. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
  3. jckid

jckid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I checked out your ride report. Very nice setup you have with that trailer. I definitely need a gas tank like yours, and the knobbies look good. I may be trying that setup soon.

Thanks. When I was looking to get a WR, I looked up all the ride reports that I could find on one. There weren't all that many, so I thought I'd add mine to the mix, even though it wasn't a hardcore ride like some of the reports on here.
  4. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comments.
    I am headed out on another adventure soon, I'll be out for over 2 weeks this time.

I love the Shinko 244s on the 17 wheels. I also have a dirt set of wheels and tires 18 and 21" but I prefer the 17s. I might sell the extra set.

You can never have too much gasoline, unless your bike is on fire (Credit to Johna Street.

I might go with the larger tank if I had it to do over. The Safari was the only one available at the time and I don't regret getting it.
  5. FoxenTec

FoxenTec With no room left to Brake

Oddometer:
    Sorry bout bringing the thread back to life. Just read it and realized that my wife and I did almost the exact same ride about 5 days ahead of you. Right at the end of June 2013. Loved camping at Eagle Lake except for the campground host who was a complete wiener. That stretch of 395 from Reno towards Susanville seemed to just go on forever! We did the same with camping for 2 or 3 nights and then a hotel. Cheers (by the way, I have a WR250X but we did the ride together on a Can Am.