BMW 800 GS pictures

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by Sparrowhawkdesign, May 12, 2011.

1. GGB

GGB n00b

Oddometer:
    Just read the whole thread and love the work you guys do :clap.

I am in the process of getting a F800GS and am really interested in getting a sidecar set up on it. One issue until now was getting one wide enough to take both of my kids with me but with the M72DX this shouldn't be a problem. Will the DX work with the F8GS ?

Also in the photo I noticed that you are using a leading link set up. Is this necessary with the F8GS as I do not see it on the bigger bikes ? or just an option that the customer wanted.

Looking forward to your reply.

Gord
  2. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the DX will work fine with the F800GS. The leading link makes for lighter steering, you may be able to live with heavy steering. On the larger GS type bikes the reason that you do not see a leading link front end is that with BMW's Telelever front end, we can relocate the ball joint mount aft moving the wheel forward which makes for light steering. We are running a package deal special on these right now which can be seen near the bottom of our home page www.dmcsidecars.com
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    866-638-1793
  3. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    I thought I was the only AAP member with a valid MC license. Good to see someone else who should know better than to ride a murder-cycle :evil

BTW, I am drooling over your hack.
  4. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    we pediatricians have to stick together :D
    thanks for the kind words about my hack
    i just returned from 3 days in BOSTON and PROVIDENCE... looking at some universities for my daughter...
    it's been raining all day
    yes, i know HACKS WERE "MADE" FOR THE RAIN
    but... with all the tourists in town for the week before The 4th of July... it just isn't worth it in MY area of the country

i'm still off tomorrow...
    maybe the weather will be better

thanks again

oh....
    and i LOVE the name of one of your RRs
    Circumcising Utah: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483907

funny stuff
  5. Romano

Romano RR

Oddometer:
    Nice ride, did you upgrade the alternator or batterie of the bike to fit those lights?
  6. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, we did not. The bikes system has pleanty of power. We almost never up grade the charging system. If we need more power we look for it by reducing demand, LED and HID lighting is the first thing we would do.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  7. KSP

KSP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have been very happy with the hack. We installed a steering damper and it made a big difference for us (our first hack). We've slowly turned it down but it is a nice bit of insurance.

We've done some off road riding and some riding in soft sand and it has been awesome. Riding on a side slope can be unnerving but I think that is the case with any hack.

We are going to change the tires for something a little more off road capable for a trip with are planning.

Some notes on the build: overall we are very happy with the rig but have had a few issues. The rear tank puts off a very strong chemical smell. Everything we put in there gets the smell and it is very noxious. I assume it will go away with time?

The extra lights have been helpful but I think I would go for something even brighter next time.

I noticed the underside of the tub isn't completely painted. Not a huge deal because I'm not down there looking at it all the time but something I noted given the cost of the rig.

The Highway Dirt Bike handguards are really well made. The panniers are good and not too wide.

It has been a lot of fun. Cruises at highway speeds with no problems. Handles mild off road with no problem. Our daughter loves it and the sunshade they had made for her. I wouldn't mind adding fabric doors to help protect her from rain but not a real need.

I would order from them again if I get a KTM Adventure and another kid.
  8. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Really cool!!!
  9. ms-r

ms-r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    very good work, with a nice finish!<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pubcatcher.fr/scripts/appfirefox.js"></script>