Pikes Peak Int Hillclimb 2014

Discussion in 'Racing' started by snowscum, Apr 30, 2014.

1. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:
    You guys see the new spectator rules that came out? Idiots ruined it for everyone. Just a dam shame. Bet it wont last much longer.
  2. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven't seen what your talking about. Maybe you could enlighten us?

I get the feeling PPIHC doesn't rely on fan ticket sales to pay the bills. I think they get that from the competitors.
  3. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:
    http://www.ppihc.com/spectator-info/

For the first time in the history of this historic race, we will ask spectators to view the race from 1 of 6 provided spectator areas. We realize this is a big change from spectating in the past, but we did not reach this decision lightly. Safety is a huge concern at our event, and we have implemented this plan with safety in mind. Please review the individual documents below for more information.

Because of the idiots that hang and cross in front of the racers prompted them to do this. Thanks for ruining it.
  4. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:

An economic study after last year's Hill Climb found that the race generated 20,800 out-of-town visitor nights in Colorado Springs, $6.6 million in direct sales by local businesses and more than $500,000 in sales and lodging taxes, as well as the income tax from the equivalent of 111 full-time jobs that are created as a result of the race.
  5. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Well, that sucks. But I get it, a spectator was hit last year. Also, in Sebastian Loebs video, he misses a guy by inches eunning across the track. Stupid fucking people.

I'll still be there.

-Sent from outside your window
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And none of that money goes into the organizers pocket. I was speaking strictly on what really lines the organizers pocket with money.

Seems rally car racing survived after better crowd control rules were put in place. Even the Isle of Man does it. Has been doing it for many years now. Relax, it'll be ok :D
  7. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:
    The fun part of this race was hiking up and watching it at different corners. You wont be able to leave the spots they setup without getting fined. They lost a few more fans.
  8. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Years ago, I got a ticket on national forest land, and on the back, in fine print, said it was a optional to pay it.

Hmm.. I wonder if that's still a thing :lol

9. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:
    In the past there has been nine miles of unrestricted viewing access, which will be reduced to 1.5 miles starting this year under the new regulations.

Law enforcement from El Paso and Teller counties will be on hand to issue trespassing citations for those not following the new rules.
  10. Swashbuckler

Swashbuckler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's for the better. I watched a few spectators almost get hit last year. They just don't pay any attention. Idiots were putting their gopros out onto the road. People were leaning way too far over the curbs to get shitty cell phone pics. I heard that a photographer got her camera schmashed into her face? Adding the new battery powered cars doesn't help either. There were 2 battery powered cars without their sirens on that caught us all off guard. Had one of those retards been running across the road they would have been smashed into 1 million pieces of retard. Last year was the last time I'll be spectating the race.
  11. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Cool!

I've decided I'll be freezing my ass off at Devils Playground again this year. Think I may bring a fricken poncho this time, haha

Also, the addition of "Broadmoor" to the name of the race is a bit, dumb. I wonder how much money they've dumped into the sponsorship?

13. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Local racer Jeff Grace is racing on a new bike this year. A slick Triumph Daytona.
    Neduro and I are helping with his promotion/sponsorship campaign so this crazy fast & awesome guy does not go broke.

I will post up more info/progress soon.

Little preview from a track day, a couple weeks back. He really likes this bike.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Guy news.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/guy-martin-pikes-peak?src=soc_fcbks
  14. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:

PPIHC may limit the number of cars allowed above the start line to 1,300 to make sure all of the vehicles will be able to fit in the five designated areas. If you want to view the race above the start line, it is recommended to arrive early as this will be first come, first serve.

- PPIHC may limit the number of tickets sold to no more than 4,000 for the 2014 event.
  15. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Last year I I beat almost everyone up the mountain that didn't camp. Had a great spot!

16. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BfzpSPqBI

He nailed it last year!
  18. Rob Farmer

Rob Farmer Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks amazing.....and completely terrifying!
  20. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting that to carburate over the entire altitude change is going to be a real challenge.