Oregon to Ushuaia on an XR650L

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ulyses, Oct 29, 2012.

1. GSF1200S

GSF1200S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    XRL seems like its doing great out there. Great in your face style of writing.

This squid will be using this jarhead's ride report for notes on his later trip :deal

Great stuff- keep it coming!
  2. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm loving it! :clap
  3. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    Muy Excellente!
  4. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where's the love?! I think we should have gotten a DR650 now. I've seen about 5 so far, mostly police bikes, but a few civillian ones as well.
  5. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Squid huh? Nice! I think you would hate the boats down here. Definitely not ship shape. When are you planning on leaving for you trip?
  6. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks man!

The XRL is totally the lightest bike. In fact, other than Ed Zachtamundo's KTM 690 and Jdowns' 250 Super Sherpa, I've had the lightest bike by a good 100 pounds out of anyone that I've met.

And it totally wasn't the Sub Frame. It was just the luggage rack. Still haven't had any subframe issues, crossing my fingers that I make it to Ushuaia before that gives out! Haha!
  7. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Medellin?! I might be there tomorrow. Do you have an adress for the Shamrock? You're the second person that has told me I need to go there.
  8. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bro, when are we going to put the 690 motor on your wheel chair? Haha! Glad to hear you are doing better man. Can't wait till you can ride again!
  9. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Irreplaceable. Great story!!!
  10. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    Definitely stay at Al's place, and go for a Sunday ride with the crazy KTM mafia, big fun. :freaky

Its in Poblado, a couple of blocks from Parque Lleras. Do google maps search for Shamrock Pub, Medellin, Colombia

Be very careful in Medellin. I stopped there for a couple of days and left 2 months later. :lol3

Buen viaje! And say hello to Al for me.
  11. Ed Zachtamundo

Ed Zachtamundo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike is getting boxed up and sent through customs today. Mario is the fucking man! If you're reading this dude, I owe you big time. He keeps riding out here to visit me, and tonight he's taking his own truck down here to get my bike and take it to the dock. It
    s almost unbelievable how wonderful people can be. We're giving him a bottle of wine and 3 quarts of unicorn blood. Hope that's enough :cry
  12. JDowns

JDowns Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer:
    Hey Ed Zactamundo,

Good to hear things are working out. And yes, Mario is an ADVrider hero. He belongs in the hall of fame.

Also good to see the marines have landed in Colombia and will be invading Medellin shortly. This thread should get interesting real fast.

Ulyses, there is plenty of room on the back of that XRL for a Colombian novia, unlike my little girl's bike. Just sayin'.

Saludos,
    Tio Juanito
  13. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks man! How's the prep going for Baja?
  14. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    That settles it. I'm going. Hopefully be there in about two days.

I was a little worried when you said be very careful. And then I read the second part! Haha.
  15. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man, that is awesome! I'm tearing up a little right now. Mario definetly needs to be put in the ADVrider hall of fame!
  16. Mossy-Back

Mossy-Back Nookie Monster

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you almost didn't survive the sea voyage! Keep the updates coming!
  17. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    meh. There was no way I could do it on my budget. I didn't even have the $ to redo the motor, which is NOW being sent off. I got a better paying job now, so the wheels are back in motion as they say.
  18. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Barely survived.

I just sat here and typed for like an hour on a huge update, went to post it, and my internet disconected and deleted the whole thing! ARRGHH! I'm too tired to do it all again tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
  19. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anxiously awaiting your resurected update.
  20. marior97

marior97 marior97

Oddometer:
    Hey Justin, just giving a hand fellow rider like most of ADVs would ! lets hope we can wrap up everything by friday . 3 quarts of unicorn blood r always welcome ! wine we will have when youre up walking and riding that 690 south again !!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:freaky