AR SLAP Trax

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by DrLewall, Feb 17, 2011.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    This will take you to one of Arkansas favorite state parks. Very popular with locals and visitors. Devils Den has something for everyone. This track is 46 miles one way and is mostly dirt.

This track will take you down Warloop Road so if you need to BYPASS Warloop, use the Warloop Bypass track that is posted elsewhere in this thread and then pick up this track again on ASH Rd.

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

2. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Once at Devils Den, you can either back track or take a different track back to White Rock. On this track, it will take you via hwy 74 east to a point where you will pick up dirt roads again. There is 20 miles of pavement with some twisties, but beaware, farmer John also uses these roads so you may encounter a slow pickup. You can get gas in Winslow (waypointed).

This is abt 45 miles one way back to WR.

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

3. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    This will take you from White Rock to Historical Fort Smith and Judge Parkers kingdom. See the gallows, Judge Parkers Court room and much more. You will be downtown and close to food and gas and traffic :cry There will be some dirt road as well as paved hwy.
    The Museum will charge you $5 for the walk thru tour..allow a couple of hours..if you just want to tour the outside grounds, then allow abt 45min-1 hr

This is 64 miles one way

EDIT: this is the "EASTERN" route...look for the "western" route on the next page

Photos added..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a "wooden" flag pole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

4. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    This is a track to the Praire Grove Battlefield Park from White Rock. This is a civil war battle field with a museum and a drive your self tour of the complex. This is mostly dirt roads.

This track is dooable on a big bike, as long as you also have the Warloop bypass here in your GPS..this track will take you down Warloop Rd but you can go around and pick up Ash rd down on hwy 71 and continue.

You can track back to White Rock or take the pavement back via hwy 71

EDIT: Be sure to check out the track from PG Battlefield Park to the Confederate Cemetery in FYV..from there you can pick up the dirt roads back to White Rock. The track is listed a few posts down (post #38 or here )

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

5. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    This is a 74 mile loop that will take you over the Bobby Hopper Tunnel on I-540. You will go down Warloop Rd and again, if you have a big bike (larger than 650), get the Warloop bypass here other than Warloop, this track is big bike friendly, all county dirt roads. There is fuel and food at both Mountainburg and Winslow. There is some pavement just before you come into Winslow and for abt 6 or 7 miles east out of Winslow.

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

6. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    This is the western route (track) to Historical Ft Smith. This will take you down thru Mountainberg crossing hwy 71 via dirt roads to Van Buren..you will then be on hwy 64 crossing the Arkansas river where you will pick up hwy 255 riding along the river to downtown Ft Smith.

If you do not want to follow this track back, look for the Eastern rte track to complete this loop back to WR here, post #30

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

7. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    This is the same track in "Route" form using MapSource CNNA 2010.1
  8. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    This track will take you from the Praire Grove battlefield to the Confederate Cemetery in Fayetteville. This is pavement thru FYV so you will mingle with traffic. From there you can follow the dirt roads back to White Rock. You can skip the PG Battlefield and follow the track to the Confederate Cemetery from WR.

This track is 66 miles from Praire Grove to WR, or close to abt 55 miles from WR to Confed Cemtery.

Mapsource 2010.1

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    This is the only single track GPX I have at this time and we hope to have some more to add.

This is the Blue Loop down at Mill Creek. This track is several years old and it is very possible that some of it may be closed and re-routing may be necessary. I don't do single track anymore so I can not confirm this, ride at your own risk and alertness. This track is abt 42 miles long

Mapsource 2010.1

Attached Files:

10. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Just curious, will there be group leaders for the rides? I'm on a KLR650 and would be looking to follow someone on as much gravel as possible. Over 100 mile round trip with a nice lunch stop would be great!
  11. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:

Every year riders tend to break up into smaller groups. Doc will be leading some rides and others will as well. Just talk to some of the guys attending, you will find someone you'll want to ride with.
  12. Bell47Pilot

Bell47Pilot MonkeyButt

Oddometer:
    No Panell (or however ya spell it) road? It's big bike friendlyy:evil:eek1:lol3
  13. refractor

refractor Kick Start Biker

Oddometer:
    I saw the words AR and SLAP in the title and thought it was something about rapid fire shooting rather than riding. Both are okay by me.
  14. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    We only shoot when you get after our goats or wimenz folk.
  15. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc, take a look at the website in my sig line. I'd appreciate it if you posted you tracks there. You can then embed an active map of the GPX into a thread here which is cool. Plus tracks at the site are easy for others to search for geographically. I am interested in getting more content for the middle of the country. PM me if you have any questions.
  16. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Heya Crafty Coder,

I can do that. Got some errands to run today first then I can transfer some of them.
  17. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:

Done
  18. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I likes it when my hommies cover for me when I am out running the cops! :D

tnx Sir Charles
  19. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Doc, I posted them on my account. But, I asked him to start a SLAP account and put the ones I posted today in there. Haven't heard back though.
  20. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    cool..tnx :thumb