R100RS Paint Job

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by warkshop, May 6, 2014.

1. warkshop

warkshop uncbob Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The end is near :eek1:lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Damn Bob, even though I'm sitting here on Vicodin, with a giant hole where my wisdom tooth used to be, I'm getting happy seeing this.....:D
  3. TogaJoe

TogaJoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice work, Bob, well done.

I agree, Zodiac... under those circumstances, would be a painfully nice grin :D
  4. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Bob, I believe you have the new roundels too - feel free to stick em on for a good shot....:D
  5. warkshop

Oddometer:
    Having had a variety of surgeries over the years i look on Vicodin as an old friend. Hope you are doing better now, i went thru just that same thing in my late 20s, ouch!:eek1

:1drinkWell, this job be done.:clap I'm not sure i'll do any more of these threads, mainly because it will be pretty much the same process repeated and i've done others before. Once you've seen it, you've seen it. Hope all you lurkers enjoyed the images. I feel it is important that folks know how much blood, sweat and tears (not to mention expensive materials and shop utilities costs) go into these jobs so they can better understand the time and money involved. Those who chose to not 'get' that never will and that is OK. Enough people do understand and appreciate my work,,,thank you for your support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. warkshop

Oddometer:
    A last shot of yours truly being an Adventurous Rider,,,as the forum suggests we are,,,,,took two stronger younger fellows to get me out of that hole!!! Me loves me dirt riding!

[​IMG]
  7. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:

Bob, the parts look absolutely fantastic, really can't wait to see them in person. The roundels really give it that final pop. The color choice was right where I wanted it - looks classic and contemporary at the same time. And I've never seen a BMW bike this color so there's that too:evil….

I am very honored that you did this for my project, recorded and reported all the hard work that actually goes into a full body (and classic) bike paint job.

It was a pleasure working with you on this, your attention to detail and my desires here were perfect.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

The next pictures posted here will probably be these parts on the bike, sometime in September.
  8. globalt38

globalt38 "A Fist Full of Throttle"

Oddometer:
    "It's like Buttah" :D

[​IMG]

Looks fantastic! Great job and thanks for giving us a behind the scenes look Bob!

:beer
  9. TogaJoe

TogaJoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great work, Bob.
    Inspiration & insight for us backyard n00bs to aspire to.

Kudos to you too, Zodiac.
    A mighty fine, bold, out of the square, choice and mix of colour & pins. Cant wait for a full bike shot.
    ... on a side note, with all due respect... your updated avatar is much less flattering than the previous... I think you've let your self go to the puppets a tad :D

Well Done :clap
  10. bmwrench

bmwrench Long timer

Oddometer:
    There lies the drawback to a nice paint job. Sooner or later, it gets damaged, and it's heart breaking. I gave up painting my helmets long ago because I always dropped them.
  11. Kai Ju

Kai Ju Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

With or without your head in it ? :rofl
  12. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Ha, this was my old avatar for many years before Meredith Baxter Birney...:lol3

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_the_Bunny
  13. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Quite the project assembling the upper/center fairing with headlight/dash board, etc to the side upper pieces... Not counting the dash electrics it's lining up 4 body parts not counting the headlight shoe, but screwing those together is the biggest part, and riveting. I remember it being easier...:D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warkshop (Bob) did a fantastic job, inside & out, and I'm really happy with the color, it changes with the sun, I kinds like the greenish hues in the shade too, reminds me of the 70s childhood.

Cheers':freaky
  14. ME 109

ME 109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A very well executed paint job and installation.

Will you put it in the lounge room now Zodiac?
  15. globalt38

globalt38 "A Fist Full of Throttle"

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Worth the wait I'm sure! :beer
  16. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Ha, I rode the piss out of it today back into Brooklyn. It's living outside for 2 says as I have to use it in the Distinguished Gentleman ride tmr through Manhattan.

Then back to its cold but protected garage in LI.

Next yr I'm doing the frame resto/ paint and then it will probably be a Sunday ride only...:D
  17. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    It was:D
  18. nmalozzi

nmalozzi airhead misfit Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not normally a fan of yellow on bikes/cars... but THAT I like. Nice choice, and great job.
  19. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Me neither, it really doesn't look yellow at all in real life (just the pics)- it looks more gold/green.

[​IMG]
  20. nmalozzi

nmalozzi airhead misfit Supporter

Oddometer:

As I was typing that reply I deleted "yellow" a half a dozen times, but couldn't come up with a better word, haha. No wonder I like it... it's not yellow at all!