Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    West of Eureka. :D
  2. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    North of little sahara

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  3. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L0K-LWK_h-k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you thinking ADV Christmas gifts???
  5. a1one

a1one a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer:
  6. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    It will be a fascinating ride tomorrow... Dirt bike from Stockton anyone?
  7. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
  8. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Stockton is snowed in, at least it appears that way from the LHM MotoSportPark go kart track. Wow. drifting on go karts is FUN!

assessing a different ride than stocky tomorrow.... forecast is favoring the knolls...
  9. Slickhorn

Slickhorn Professional Dirt Bag

Oddometer:
    Rallied to the Swell hoping for a few days riding before the winter job kicks in. Despite the weather forecast I was optimistic I could find a thing or two to ride...

Got in later than expected last night but did a quick road ride to scout things... haven't installed headlight on the MXC yet.. possibly a mistake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old railroad cut seemed like a decent option, amazing to think those poor bastards cut this by hand only to have it abandoned in favor of the northern route along the book cliffs.

As dark set in, had a proper fire with proper refreshment, the server was a bit crusty tho

[​IMG]

Woke up this AM to a half inch or less of new snow and not too cold, so I enjoyed a fire while I came up with a new way to make coffee when the press is back on the work bench..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had big plans, took off for a ride and bike the clutch was acting weird, then it wasn't working at all...reservoir had drained itself over night...Then while I was sorting out the O-ring that had failed the snow came

[​IMG]

Lacking a syringe to properly bleed it and make it work right, I bailed, maybe a good choice given the exit conditions...

[​IMG]

What little riding i did do was super tacky and fast...dammit maybe next year - I also got first hand experience with the less than gnarly KTM kickstand
  10. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    I'm headed to 5 mile.... leaving SLC about 10. PM if you want to come along!
  11. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Pretty good video that is a tribute to Kurt Caselli.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O9oBmTMvPf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. buzzardair

buzzardair terraqueous Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any of you inmates want to get together and pitch in to make a kids Christmas in SLC? Maybe deliver it on the bikes if weather permitting.
    It shouldn't be hard to find a needy family right now! PM me if interested and we can figure it all out.

What kid won't want this under the tree?
    [​IMG]:lol3
  13. UtahGuido

UtahGuido Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How-dee. I'm going to drive out to 5 MP tomorrow for a little expression period and have a spare spot on the trailer if anyone would like to join me. I don't get rolling too early in the morning but may try to bust out of Summit Park as early as 10 AM.
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:

Could we get them something a little less breakable?
  15. a1one

a1one a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    :rofl
  16. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Ok, so normally when i hit the dez it's w/ crazies of the Frog/Fano ilk which means that if you can't hang in the bumps you need not apply (which I sometimes fail at not applying) and so i have a respect for hammering through the desert. Yesterday i did the knolls solo, so i wanted to chill and not get broken solo and i just SLOWLY (3rd gear) surfed the knolls. Awesome experience to just chill and focus on the surfyness. I felt like i was at a skate park. Nice and slow enough to hit each little lip. *sigh*

sub for santa: I got some xr parts... and a squash.

[​IMG]
  17. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    Squashes PM......sent...........:cob:ostrich
  18. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting.
  19. accadacca

accadacca Hard Rocker

Oddometer:
    Anybody ridden cherry creek lately? I've heard there is some snow out there. Not sure how much?
  20. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    I haven't been down to cc in a while...if the weather isn't crappy tomorrow, I could be up for going down and just messing around. I'd probably take the 990 down, and would just be having a good time. I'm not a great offroad rider....but I do provide comic relief when I get stuck on my back and can't get back up,,,,:D

Oh, and I have an odd request.... I'm thinking about getting a trials bike...but I've never had one...my theory is that it will provide a good workout and help develop my offroad skills.....:deal

Does anyone have a trials bike - that is set up for a large adult male (I will NOT be kind to the shocks.... ) - who would allow me to try out some basic trials riding on it?? I'd really like to try it out a little before I commit to buying one....obviously if I break something on your bike, Pluric will pay for it.....:lol3