Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. jscjwilkins

jscjwilkins n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I am new to the thread and Advneture Riding in general. I am looking to buy my first Adventure Bike and have been combing this thread for days to get opinions.
  2. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got some miles on it, didnt make it home before the sun went down.. da** chilly :-)

Longside a great river here south
    [​IMG]

I wiew over the valley
    [​IMG]

100 meter higher and this was the condition.
    [​IMG]
  3. Kiwi Mo

Kiwi Mo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would not say my Scrambler was an adventure bike. Its great for zipping around on and ok for light off road riding. For more serious adventure riding there are much better options. There are many bikes that are faster, swim deeper and jump holes better, more comfortable and use less fuel and generally higher preforming. It dose have "it' though. Mine is a keeper.
  4. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am selling a solo seat w/rack over on TriumphRAT...I don't want to be too crude and link directly to another forum on ADVRider...just a little bit crude with this post letting you all know. PM if you can't find it/are interested :evil
  5. canyonwlf7

canyonwlf7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The TEC gas shocks ($180, cheap) and the Progressive front fork springs, and the Baldwin Seat ($615, expensive) the bike handles and rides like a dream, 100% better than stock and worth every penny, the best thing I can say about the seat is I don't think about it, it's that good. Did find myself wanting to lean back slightly which means I'll need some bar risers, other than that I'm set!

Attached Files:

6. canyonwlf7

Oddometer:
    More pics

Attached Files:

7. canyonwlf7

Oddometer:
    And 1 more

Attached Files:

8. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a good looking seat for sure, glad you're happy with it.

Did you do the seat and suspension at exactly the same time? I'm amazed how much a good seat helped the harsh ride -- seems to take the edge off the bumps and jarring ride. A little stiffer shock and a softer seat made for a much better ride on my rig for sure.
  9. VOLdog

VOLdog Motorcycle related jobs ??

Oddometer:
    Anyone had engine noise after sitting idle at a red light or high gear low RPM runs ? 2014 Scrambler 3000 miles
  10. VOLdog

Oddometer:
    Sweet !! I just put gold bar on my 2014 Matte Blue i bought in Frederick MD and never saw this pic..... Love it AND YES to the Arrow pipe !!:clap:evil:D

11. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    WNY hills of Wyoming County, maple syrup & cheese!
    Got out today for a ride to Letchworth State park to see frozen falls and "ice volcano".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    alpina likes this.
  12. Nerfin

Nerfin An Adventure thats Knarly

Oddometer:
    Wow! Very impressive Bugchewer! I love late winter/spring riding. Its amazing to be riding a motorcycle when the landscape is covered in snow. I went out for my first ride of the season on my new to me 2015 Scrambler....what can I say, the bike just "fits".
    Its going to be a great riding companion to make some memories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.
  13. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well after 6000 miles my MC concepts bracket let go. Not sure at what point during my 40 minute commute home. But came out of the gas station and saw this. :eek1 which would have been 'a bad time.'
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. drbenjamin

drbenjamin n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow, what a bummer! I've been looking for a way to mount a rotopax and found your posts. It looked like just the ticket. The photos look like you had mounted the can shifted to the rear, was that necessary? I'm wondering if that increased the torque on the firmware mounting point.
    Can I also ask, did you just attach the circular rotopax mount directly to the MC Resources plate? Or did you also use one of the Rotopax rectangular adapters?
  15. Glascelt

Glascelt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How are you finding the quality of the tec shocks? They seem priced too good to be true. Bike looks great!
  16. pecos

pecos BAM!!

Oddometer:
    Curious what Colorado folks are running jet/needle setups for carb scramblers?

Can I get away with running sea level setup (Texas) or do I need to change them?
  17. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I've had mine there twice and never rejetted. Rode a lot at 10-12k feet and never had any problems. It was noticeably down on power, but not drastic enough to change for just a few days.

My TW200 was a different story :D

[​IMG]
  18. CRIPES7

CRIPES7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My second ride on my new 2014 Scram. I had the Arrow exhaust installed today and it sounds nice. A shout out to Honda/Triumph of Knoxville, TN for a great deal on the exhaust. It was $939 plus tax, and with the Triumph $500 promo it was like getting the system for $500. The north Georgia mountains will be seeing a lot of me and my Scram.

Attached Files:

19. VOLdog

Oddometer:
    I should be home with mine in few weeks so we can ride some !
  20. Pastaman

Pastaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really like this seat. A bit "fatty" in the back but looks like great quality and confort.
    What kind of progressive springs did you install? Did you keep the same fork oil?
    I have to do something with my front suspension. With the sidecar, it is plunging too much.