Wondering if I am doinf the right thing!

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Prmurat, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Being at the end of installing new triple trees, new 16" wheel in the front of my Softail, I just saw this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/20097576557...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5262wt_918

I went for the consensus regarding how bad the 21" wheel would be and how the stock triple trees could not offer the proper rake/trail for a sidecar... I exchanged emails with this seller and he seems perfectly happy with his setup??? (either he does not know better or... he knows better!!).

I will do a write up on the transformation when it is finished (have to play with electricity (wires going through the T), install the mountings (Thanks DMC!), try to fix the sidecar frame to the bike and... wait for the painter to finish his work on the tub and fenders...) but for now here is what I started with:

[​IMG]

and where I am now:

[​IMG]
  2. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the wider lower wheel will serve you well. Better traction and I like the look of it.
  3. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Your probably doing the right thing, more tire contact more steering and braking and will reduce trail, if I was an American tractor fan that's the way I'd go. You may need a steering damper.DB
    I prefer German farm implements though.DB
  4. MotoJ

MotoJ Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer:
    I like it!
    A big fat ol' hoop fork brace couldn't hurt.