Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where is the meet up location for Sunday's ride and what time etc?

j
  2. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    At the Landmark (still "the Mosque" to me) to see The Lion King with the family. We're not even at our seats and I'm in for at least $380, ouch. I'm sure that a couple of stuffed animals are in the plans before leaving...sigh!

You think the wife would smack me if I told her that this money could have gone towards a 550 Garmin!?

At least they are selling beer and booze for the dads, lol!
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also considered going, but the ticket prices quickly changed my mind.... even tho' we're now dealing with just two.

Been to the (still the Mosque to me too), several times. The last being The Lord of the Dance, when acoustics weren't too important. Went to see Cats a number of years before that, and the audio reaching our seats was horrible. We had a couple of friends in the cast, and my BIL was the production manager for their road crew. He said that if he had his way, he would never put on another production at that venue due to the horrible acoustics in the place.

May be too late for you Eddy, but hope you enjoy the show and get out of there with your wallet relatively unscathed.

4. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Took the Advanced Concealed Carry Class at G4S yesterday and it was great! We practiced lots of drills, shot 500+ rounds, etc. I really enjoyed the close quarters with retention drills. They have a Tactical Carbine, Competitive Pistol class coming up soon. You won't be disappointed by the level of instruction or the training. Top notch and very affordable. You can use the Advanced Concealed Carry as your training to obtain your CCW. :D

j
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    As an aside, we also went to see Starlight Express in DC, where my BIL was also the road tour Production Manager for that production. As with Cats here at the Mosque, we had friends in the cast and we were taken backstage to get a glimpse of all that takes place for one of these things. The costume department was especially exciting. You cannot imagine all the hustle bustle required before an actor even hits the stage during a production.

Memories of the past that I will always remember.

My BIL has given up the road tour thing. He now works for a production company whose shows are all based on Broadway. His wife is the casting director for many of those shows, and frequently travels back and forth to England setting up things for a show's introduction to us Yanks.

>
  6. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was kinda wondering the same thing.

I have a $hit load of stuff I need to be doing around here, but time and meeting place will let me decide whether to stay put, or hit the bricks and meet up with ya'll.

:ear

7. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:

So, the destination is BBQ Exchange in Gordonsville.....I guess we could meet @10:00am at the Valero at the intersection of 33 & 54...we could meet later if we just take 33...I'm fooling around with my GPS and my Gazetteer in feeble attempt to find an alternate route....I can't promise dirt but I'll see what comes up....***edit** See below
    That is a 60 mile crooked path trying to avoid 33...anybody wants to plug it into thier Garmin product PM me for the .gdb file....quality of route not guarenteed or implied :lol3

[​IMG]
  8. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great plan Mike.Thanks.I'm in.See you in Montpelier,VA at the Valero at Rt 33 and Rt 54 at 10 am.

For anyone residing south of Richmond and planning to attend this soiree I offer up meeting at my dental office at 3525 Iron Bridge Road,Richmond, VA 23234 at 8:55 am to ride out to meet Mike and the others north and west of Richmond.All are welcome.Stands up at 9 am. :D
  9. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet, I need to add one of those to the collection. Been looking at those evil black guns and the M1A, not cheap new but very cool none the less. Been adding pistols, ammo and reloading equipment lately. Need to get some additional long guns when I get back in August.
  10. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I found its just easier to bite the bullet and go with it. That allows me to have two bikes and enough guns and ammo to fight a small war.

We saw the show down here, it was actually quite good.
  11. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought a Garmin Zumo 550 last summer and have been pleased.It works fine for me with gloves on.I have music downloaded on the SD card and listen to it through my Scala Rider G4.I also paired my cellphone to it and can also communicate with that through the GPS via the Scala rider.The price was right since newer and more expensive models had come out.Works well for me.
  12. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:

Well I must admit, we were all impressed. Disney never does anything half ass.
  13. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Build one; makes it a little more personal. I have three uppers and receivers for 4 more. Tain't that hard. :deal

14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Greg, appreciate the call. Will see you at your office a little before 9:00.

15. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving in the morning in borrowed pickup to get my new set of wheels. Have to drive to DE and back. Otherwise I would join everyone tomorrow. I'll post pics though tomorrow.
  16. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll see y'all there too, shortly before 9.
  17. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Safe travels. I hope it is everything you wanted and more.

18. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    Dang...my dear wife kept the kids downstairs and let me sleep in, I overslept for the ride. I need to study for a few hours today anyways, I have to take my re-certification boards in three weeks.

Ride sane...
  19. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    I slept in today too. 7am :clap I'm so used to getting up at 0415.
  20. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Made it back safe & dry...thanks for joining me today fellas...bet you won't let me lead anymore :lol3 it kinda fell apart
    at the end but we made it...there was a familiar hack already there...VACommuter ambushed us :clap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was very good and filling to say the least...:yum:dg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Afterward I walked out back and got a secret tour of where the magic happens.....pork bellies...
    [​IMG]
    Ribs up top and pork butts bottom...:tb
    [​IMG]

See ya at the next one!