In the Zuma 125 club

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wannabe1, Aug 9, 2011.

1. wannabe1

wannabe1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fresh at home with my newly purchased 2009 used (175 miles) Zuma 125.

[​IMG]

Its all ya'lls fault and mostly Klaviators for pointing me to this deal. I'll post up as I get along with it, but I am busy like the rest of you all and will farkle as time/need/money show up. First on the list are a 202 cc big bore kit, extension, and drop bars :D just kidding. She will stay stock for now and probably forever.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  2. Sly-one

Sly-one Deskbound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great looking scoot! I'm jealous. :D
  3. HandKPhil

HandKPhil An American Portuguese Explorer

Oddometer:
    Nice ride! Probably the best 125cc out there. Enjoy.
  4. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club!!!
  5. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're not just in the Zuma 125 club, you're now officially scooter trash:deal. Welcome to the club.
  6. LarryRickenbacker

LarryRickenbacker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

I like the looks of your new Yamaha. Congrats on a scoot with a very good reputation!

Larry
  7. wannabe1

Oddometer:
    Thanks you all, trust me I researched this thing long and hard. It was either going to be a Genuine Buddy, Yamaha Vino or Zuma 125 or maybe I would have gone crazy and gotten a $1K mail order Chinese scooter!

I just got back from the grocery store with a gallon of milk and some turkey sausage stored under the seat. To top it off I parked on the sidewalk! :evil
  8. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    nice going mate.... INmate, that is!!!
  9. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome find! Man She's a beauty!:clap
  10. wannabe1

Oddometer:
    Trying the zuma out as a grocery getter. I'd say it works pretty good.

[​IMG]

Well that doesn't look like much, and it's not, theres more.

[​IMG]

The total haul, but I did forget the milk!

[​IMG]
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  11. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Yep, the Zuma works great for trips to the grocery store. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  12. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Hey, I like your drink holder. Good idea. I got the Original Yamaha one for the Vino and added it to my Zuma.
  13. wannabe1

Oddometer:
    Bottle holder/bag hook - Somebody on the zuma forums came up with that idea. You just get a longer 6M bolt and mount the holder of your choice. Its cool that it has multi uses. The only shortcoming is that it lets the bags hang a little too low so I may have to tie knots in the bags or mount some higher hooks.

I have the yamaha fairing bin ordered and C3 mirrors are on the way. I will probably get some highway bars also.

Rear rack and possible topcase are also down the road.
  14. BigCanoe

BigCanoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want one!
  15. wannabe1

Oddometer:
    Ok, I have had the zuma now for 3 weeks, time to start tinkering. The main theme here is practicality and maybe improve the looks.
    Everybody in the zuma network knows the 1st thing you have to ditch are the stock lollipop mirrors for something cool or Yamaha C3 scooter mirrors. Besides looking better, the C3 mirrors are believed to be worth a 1 mph gain :evil.
    Also, the fairing bin/water bottle holder was mounted. Here are the goodies.
    [​IMG]

I'll be the first to admit a scooter is not the coolest 2 wheeled vehicle out there, but the straight up Yamaha OEM windscreen just plain ups the dork factor. I decide to take my screen off a ride in sport mode for a while.
    [​IMG]

I am going to tell you straight up, the windscreen was back on within 3 hours. The Yamaha windscreen on the zuma gives a smoother buffet free ride than any other 2 wheeled mode of transportation I have had and that includes an FJR1300.
    So now we are back to the windscreen, but with the cooler C3 mirrors not pictured here.
    [​IMG]

The fairing tray is not really that great as a cup holder, due to the angle at which it mounts. I knew this already, but it works great as a sunglasses holder, snacks, gloves, etc. just more practicality to go along with the 82.6 mpg I got on my 1st tank of gas.:eek1
    The fairing tray/cup holder.
    [​IMG]

Highway pegs are next.
    dp064 and MJSfoto1956 like this.
  16. cbolling

Oddometer:
    The C3 mirrors are an improvement but when combined with mirror extenders your rear view will be completely shoulder and arm free.

[​IMG]
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  17. wannabe1

Oddometer:
    As promised the highway foot bars have been added. I feel so much more macho now that I can throw my feet out "harley style" while cruising down the road. I may start wearing a doo rag next!

[​IMG]
  18. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:

AWWW yes! as a Harley owner I recommend the complete pirate outfit, including the eyepatch. If you wear it on your dominate eye, you can stop drinking and still get a buzz!!! :rofl
  19. RedRockRider

RedRockRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    The new scoot, 2009 Zuma 125 in black :clap Bought a couple of months ago for $2K. Prior owner was a teenager who was unhappy with his first payment, at least according to the guys at the local Yamaha shop. A few photos:

[​IMG]

Bought the scoot with just over 1000 miles, so only 100+ of these are mine.

[​IMG]

Fuel-injected 125. Very zippy around town, good up to 10,000 ft elevation. Ok for easy dirt roads. No super slab.
    [​IMG]

The Zuma hangin' out at the Kawi/KTM store. We have some utility quads, but have thinking about the sport quad -- probably not, unless the OEM discount gets low enough . . .

[​IMG]

Iconic shot on the road above St. George. Storm clouds gathering in late afternoon :cry

[​IMG]

Looking down on St. George, across to the cliffs of Zion, usually visible in late afternoon sunlight. Not today.

[​IMG]

The road back home, gathering clouds. :eek1
    [​IMG]

The Zoom-Zoom-A scoot at speed -- close to 60 mph !!! :D

[​IMG]

Avoided any rain. Last shot of the nastiness above Snow Canyon St. Park and the red cliffs of Ivins in the distance.

[​IMG]

Back home in the garage with the TW200. Both very fun little bikes! :freaky

[​IMG]
  20. wannabe1

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club Red Rock, nice pics and I like the black, of course I like the yellow and my blue is good too.

Unless you have a accurate speedometer I wouldn't get too excited about the near 60 mph. When I hit 61mph it is only 56mph verified by GPS. But hey, 50-55mph is pretty good for these little scoots. Its the 75-82mpg I enjoy!