THE BIGWHEEL THREAD!!! Yamaha BW350, BW200

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Mr. BigWheel, Feb 4, 2011.

1. RWBWheel

RWBWheel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am selling 1 of my 1985 200's-very good shape in Everett wa..
    also saw these on craigslist for more folks out there to join the asylum..
    12-13-2012
    Bend Or. - 1987 200E $1600
    Naches Wa. -1985 200N $1300
    Boise Id. - 1986 200E $1500
    Spokane Wa. - 1987 350E $2500
    Thousandoaks Ca.1985 200N $1200
    most look in very good to excellent shape..
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice!

I like to have a bit of coverage of the sprocket as sometimes ride with shoestrings, like how Suzuki handled it on the DR350

[​IMG]
  3. Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel b00b

Oddometer:
    You ride with shoestrings?

I usually just ride with losers and miscreants.

On that note: Hey Cliff, are we still on for tomorrow?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
  4. Duster11

Duster11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    1986 BW200ES - mine had a D8EA plug in it, but the downloaded owners manual says DR8ES, so that's what I bought and installed. Should I be concerned?

I bought IMS pegs for it, the ebay listing said TW200 (as well as several other models). The IMS package did not mention TW200 for the parts I received, nor did their website. They almost fit, so I did a little grinding and they fit so snugly they won't pivot - the springs aren't even needed. Guess I can't return them after the grinding. Can't decide whether to go back with the stockers or not.

Did a few other things tonight, next up is the swingarm/chain maintenance. The seller gave me a 530 RK o-ring chain with it, is that a good brand?
  5. jaubuchon

jaubuchon Cheapest Boy Alive

Oddometer:
    I have the battery box, air box for an electric start i do not need
  6. HairTrigger

HairTrigger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, I have a parts 350, it is almost complete, and runs, and in descent condition. Tore it down for a rebuild, but its just to much work to get it back to stock. Let me know if you need anything. Front forks are set up with disk brakes, and are not from a bw350, everything else is I believe.
  7. HairTrigger

HairTrigger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can give pics of anything if you need.
  8. Cliff h

Cliff h [IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer:
    Pics of the overall bike would be nice.

Where are you located?

How much would you want for the complete bike?

What kind of front fork is on there, Tri-z?

I am not really in need of anything myself at the moment, and shipping anything to Alaska is usually cost prohibitive, I just figured the above questions would pertain to anyone who had questions about your 350.

Cliff.
  9. Cliff h

Oddometer:
    I got something BW related for Christmas this year. I cannot post about it because I am not supposed to know about it yet. Mr. Bigwheel on the other hand is not bound by the same criteria as I am, so he is free to post pics of our Christmas present!

May all of us receive the BW item of our desires under the (triple) tree!

Seasons Greetings,
    Cliff.
  10. HairTrigger

HairTrigger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's in Portland Or area, and I believe it's a tri z fork set up, just don't know for sure. Will post some pics as soon as I can. Got to leave right now.

1500 gets the whole bike.
  11. Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel b00b

Oddometer:
    Duster11,

RK chain is a good quality product, in my experience.

I think that putting the original plug in the engine is your best bet. The heat range on both of those plugs is the same. The R indicates a resistor type plug and the S means it has some special construction. Otherwise, I think they serve virtually the same purpose. I imagine that the other plug was installed because it was available and the DR8ES was not.

Since you can't return the IMS pegs, I think you should grind the contact surfaces down a little bit more so the pegs function as usual. My 2 cents is that the bigger pegs are the first thing to upgrade to on a BW. It becomes really evident to me when I swap back and forth between bikes and I can stand up on one and not the other. The bigger pegs also don't fill up with ice as readily but that's not a feature appreciated by many people.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

P.S. Fashion photos to follow soon
  12. LDL

LDL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spring , TX. Just south of the Piney Wood's
    Wishing all on the Big Wheel thread , a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !
  13. Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel b00b

Oddometer:
    Happy Non-Denominational Seasonal Greetings for All!

And this is just in!!!! Fresh from the catwalk in Milan:

[​IMG]

These are the latest in BigWheel fashion, utilizing the latest graphics from the final model year: 1988

[​IMG]

This is the breast decal detail.

It is also available in Recession Grey, to help you align yourself with the more realistic expectations of our economy:

[​IMG]

These are brought to you by Cliff (no, not the fiscal one) They are extremely limited editions. In fact, I think that the only other ones on the planet are under Cliff's Charlie Brown Christmas tree that was poached from the Chugach National Forest.

I wonder what color his shirts are?

Merry Christmas,

Mr. BigWheel
  14. jaubuchon

Oddometer:
    All that's left to get the mower running is a rebuild on the the carb, not an easy kit to find the last store the parts guy laughed at me when I said what kind of bike it was for. Well where is the fun in it if it isn't atleast slightly insane to do
  15. RWBWheel

RWBWheel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much for an xl to Seattle area??
    Could Cliff's custom shirt's be in Coal grey w/ onion skin highlight's??
    **Don't know how good a boy he was this year....did yer mantainance?????
  16. Cliff h

Oddometer:
    I am not really supposed to know about the shirts, even though I provided the wife with the logo and asked for a t shirt with said logo on it. I do not know how much it cost to produce the shirts. I think most of the cost was to get the image laid out on the computer. My wife is really big on Christmas, so I cannot provide details on cost etc. 'til after the holiday. I did ask that enough shirts be made so that Mr. Bigwheel could have some. So I forced one of his kids to open his gift early so that I could see the results. And yes I believe that particular shade of grey is "lump of coal".

I don't think that I lubed my eccentrics enough to qualify as a "good boy" this year, so I took advantage of some of next year's potential good boy quota for the t shirt thing, yes I mortgaged my future to have these shirts.

And yes since my Christmas tree was poached from the wilds, there may be some blood splattering in the color scheme of my shirts. That will prove useful later on as a forebearer of the future rides to come (saves time).
    Cliff.
  17. HairTrigger

HairTrigger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Here is how it looked before I stripped it. I want to see this go to you guys, before it goes to ebay. Carb, and CDI might be gone. If you need anything, please send me an email.
  18. jaubuchon

Oddometer:
    found out today, when i got one, that a blaster coil is a direct plugin for a bw200 coil
  19. Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel b00b

Oddometer:
    Very nice to know, Jaubuchon. Gracias.

[​IMG]

This was from a tire testing session today. Five days of 40 knot winds polishes a frozen lake to a mirror-like perfection.

These are the tracks of a slightly crossed-up BW:

[​IMG]
  20. Röhrich

Röhrich big wheel freak

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm from Holland/Germany. I'm rebuilding my Big Wheel 200es and I saw here in this great threat
    that there are people with ITP tires 25 x 12 - 9. I'm looking for these tires, but I would like to know if they fit good in the
    rear swingarm. Because I will get a German road license for the BW200 and my dads BW350.

Thanks,

Röhrich[​IMG]