New Honda Varadero (xl1000V) vs Old Bmw 1150 gs Adventure

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by adi.barda, Oct 11, 2012.

1. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Here was blowing out new 2010 Deros at $9999. couple of years ago.
  2. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    I own an 1150GSA and have ridden (and have friends who own) the Veradero. I like them both but i got the GSA with 10,000km for half the cost. There is a 'dero here on the floor of my local dealer and everytime i go there i look a it and wonder if i made the right choice but everytime i ride the big German girl..i am good with my decision.
    From your post i think i hear a hint of longing because it is the standard to which most people set their marks from but it is just a compilation of a box of mechanical parts. No more...no less. Be happy that you have a very capable machine and get out there and ride it.
  3. MacNoob

MacNoob piney fresh

Oddometer:
    Still is!
  4. adi.barda

adi.barda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, I finally traded my Varadero to a 2010 KTM Adventure R. What a bike!!! the best I've ever had. Superb engine, transmission & suspensions out of this world. Truly amazing bike. will never ever replace it.
  5. Well, it seems the problem solved. :D

Congratulations for your new bike. May I ask you why the KTM and not the Beemer?
  6. adi.barda

adi.barda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just luck I guess. I got a really good price on my Dero from the dealer which had KTM ADV in very good condition and low mileage. The KTM was my dream bike for long time but couldn't afford it.
    I think the GS12 is slight better for 2 up on road riding but the KTM is far better for off-road use. Also the KTM looks like a much more simple machine and I like that. After riding the KTM i'm not looking at anything else :D