Dogs on Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Photos' started by gec343, Feb 24, 2013.

1. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My dog, Pugsley, has logged over 40,000 miles as a passenger on my bikes. He has owned me for about five years, and during that period of time, I've never left home without him. It is absolutely incredible, the joy he has added to my motorcycle touring adventures.

I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in sharing pictures of dogs on bikes??

Here is Pugsley: https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/t/treeman1941_PA010346-1.jpghttps://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/t/treeman1941_PB080021.jpg
    rob_w and EMFL like this.
  2. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    Tyler lives to ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Durangoman

Durangoman Yeah its me!

Oddometer:
    How does your dog stay secured to the bike? Or does he/she/it just balance?

:1drink
  4. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    In Tyler's case he is in a harness and tethered into the bag. I am under no delusions that it is in any way, shape, or form, safe.
    NavyFootDocJeff and dogjaw like this.
  5. llirttoc

llirttoc Adventure life

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

She loves the sidecar.
  6. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you're asking me that question, I started Pugsley out on a Kawasaki Concours, riding in a small toolbox, strapped to me. Then, I bought a Roadhound Pet carrier for my ST1300A, attached it to the custom made luggage rack. We put 25,000 with that system, which worked like a charm.

When mice ate the wiring on my ST1300A, the dealer loaned me an old GL1200 for several weeks while my ST was being repaired. Pugsley loved that large pillion seat, since he could touch me, put his feet on my shoulders, etc. After I saw how much more he liked that Wing, I decided on a new model, heated seat, etc. He is now harnessed and double strapped to the armrests. He leans with the bike, and seems to thoroughly enjoy the ride. If I get anywhere near the bike, he sits by it, wagging his tail in anticipation of a ride. He always barks in joy when leaving the yard. Amazing, the joy this little character has brought into my life.

Yes, I hate to admit it, but Pugsley picked out my last bike!!:wink:
  7. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ural's are tons of fun. I actually bought a 06 Tourist a few years ago, thinking that Pugsley would like it more than the pillion seat. However, he always crawled up into the nose of the sidecar, possibly because it provided more wind protection. However, I want another Ural, and regretted selling it the same day it left the yard with the new owner.

You sure have a cute passenger in that picture!!
  8. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    I've had goldens for decades, and just couldn't bear to leave them behind on my longer rides.

[​IMG]
    hogtotex and tombrinson like this.
  9. Ratty2austin

Ratty2austin commutercycle

Oddometer:
    adventureweenie! (Spartacus the Dachshund) rides with me! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ears flappin in the wind!
    [​IMG]

I am trying to work on a better method to carry him (some sort of top case) but the little carry bag seems to work well...
  10. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I know everyone is different, but with Tyler, I feel better with him riding in front of me than behind me. Of course he's only about 15 lbs. so it works for us where it wouldn't for a larger dog.
  11. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tyler appears to be a wonderful dog, as most certainly are. I understand your feelings on wanting "Tyler" in front of you. However, Pugsley weighs 31 pounds, so wouldn't work in the front. But Pugsley normally has one or both feet on my back, so I know he is safe. Sometimes he puts his feet on my shoulders, then looks over my head. Now that is a little disconcerting at times.:nod
  12. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    my guy loves to ride

[​IMG]

he even got tagged on instagram

[​IMG]

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Krp-0VgMlXo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Krp-0VgMlXo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  13. JMead11

JMead11 Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Fairbanks, Alaska 2007

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. gring0loc0

gring0loc0 lane splitter

Oddometer:
    Unlike many of the other moto dogs, Django rides sitting freely on the back seat, unchained. He was Django Unchained 4 years before Django Unchained was Django Unchained. I can lean the bike over until the pegs are on the ground and somehow he doesn't lose his balace.

Here he is on a trip from New York to Mexico City, equipped with reflective coat and Doggles. On his right is a trumpet, on his left is an accordion.

[​IMG]

RIP K100RS. Now he rides on my F800R.

[​IMG]
  15. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man, Dejango is one lucky dog. He is also a cute little character.
  16. Eyore

Eyore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love these pics, keep them coming please:norton
  17. GSPeP

GSPeP Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not me, but someone I met on a meeting in Germany. Look what's sticking out of the tankbag ...

[​IMG]
  18. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in Gaspé

[​IMG]
  19. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    That bag is actually the "Pet Friendly" by Bagster. It is designed to attach to the Bagster tank protector using the same attachment points that a Bagster tank bag would use. I would say it's good for dogs up around 15-20 lbs or so.

I have one. Tyler doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as his homemade bag, but it offers more protection from the elements so it has become our "cold weather" bag for him and has extended his riding season a month or so on each end. With my homemade bag he's good from 60-90 F and with the Pet Friendly bag we've ridden in weather down to around high 40's.

Bagster's products (made in France) are not cheap by any means, but I couldn't be happier with the protector, two tank bags, and Pet Friendly carrier I own of theirs.
  20. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    He was pretty goood, for a dog!? :D

[​IMG]