Hey there, forks

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by motocopter, Oct 6, 2012.

1. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just to say hello to the group. :wave

Joining from Clarksville, TN. Currently riding '99 WR-400F, '08 Z1000, and a '12 Concours14. The Connie replaced an '05 Goldwing when the ex-w departed the scene. It has been to TN, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, and KY this year. Plans were to go to CO, but work dorked those plans. The Z1K is my local bike that is flat-out a hoot to ride. Sadly, the WR hasn't been ridden since 2010. Just last year, I replaced the original front tire because the knobs were falling off; and, on a stand the bike sits. No convenient place to ride it around here. :(:

Anyway, ya'll be good and I'll see ya on the road somewhere.
  2. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    Welcome to this fucked-up forum! Please check all civility at the door. And do your bike a favor? Get it out of the South for a while.
  3. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trying to, for sure. My goal is to move to Colorado. Just want to stay a little longer while the youngest chisels away at college here. He is in his second year now. Too many variables right now; two years tops.
  4. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    Was just fucking with you. Welcome really. Kids are better than bikes. Usually.
  5. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hello and welcome.

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.
  6. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks AKDuc! I'm suspecting the 1200 Multi would work just fine in CO, however, I sure like a shaft drive these days. The Multi will stay on the short list anyway. :nod
  7. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    hey Moto, are you aware of the OHV area at Land Between the Lakes? Might be a good place to play with your dirt bike. I am strictly a road bike guy, so I wouldn't know....
  8. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, sure am. Have ridden there lots since I picked up the WR back in '99. It'll make a good off-road rider out of anyone. Some good trails sprinkled with pool-ball sized rocks, and one learns to work with that. Then, on solid terrrfirma, life is good like the two times the boys and I trailered to CO for some great riding. Loose rocks that we encountered were easy!

What got old was the loading of the bikes, drive 2+ hours one way, off-load, and then repeat plus cleaning afterwards. The boys grew though their CRF-80's and CRF-230's and really hadn't had the desire to ride since 2008. I still love to ride off-road, but just need a place a little closer. They got into their own activities and away went the CRF's.

Once (and when) I get to CO, I'm hoping I'll be closer to some trail heads or, will get a dual-sport for all the off-road adventures out there.

So, since I picked up the Z1K, in '08, and earlier this year the C14, street riding has once again become a favorite activity.

Thanks for asking, Mr. B! :thumb