Forcefield Undergarments

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Pele, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Pele

Pele NYC

Oddometer:
  2. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those things look pretty cool.....let us know what they look like when you get them.
  3. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.

If they are Sold by Johnson Leathers you can be sure they are real deal, this people do not Fuck around, Is all or nothing, their quality is stellar.

Next time I go to the city and drop by the store and make a vision scan and maybe even a little test ride if my friends still work there..
  4. croc

croc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the older style Forcefield Action Pro Shorts shown at:
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-armor/forcefield/

One difference is that the armor is removable in the newer pants/shorts. The shorts are reasonably breathable and have great armor protection. They are comfortable (although I cut out the coccyx pad since it created a pressure point, YMMV), fit easily under riding pants, and provide versatility for wearing along with separate knee protection if desired.

I purchased it from johnsonleather, along with some additional knee/elbow guards, and they were extremely helpful.
  5. Pele

Pele NYC

Oddometer:
    How do they perform in summer? According to webbikeworld they are about 10F hotter than regular motorcycle pants - but I guess the same applies to regular pants that are cooler but provide less protection.
  6. jcampbell

jcampbell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought the pants and shirt last year and they work well for their intended purpose, which is to keep the pads in place in a spill. The spandex-like material of these products is tight fitting and although breathable, it still holds in warmth so your summer riding discomfort will increase. But the upside is that the pads will be in their proper place when needed. Also, the pads appear to be top quality and I rode with more confidence when wearing them.

I wore the Forcefield pants and shirt under my former riding jacket and pants...OK for cool weather and added little bulk -- but that depends on how tight your existing gear fits.

However, I don't wear the Forcefield gear now because my new duds (Motoport) fit tight enough to keep their pads in place. That, and in hot weather the Motoport Mesh jacket and mesh jeans are barely cool enough by themselves. An additional layer under them is definitely not welcome.
  7. Voyager61

Voyager61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Action Shorts and they are quite warm, but overall the feeling of security they give is well worth it.

To be honest I cannot say if they are warmer than armoured leathers (I usually wear them under a pair of Alpinestars leather jeans that only have armour in the knees and shins).

Overall, a very high quality item, as yet not crash-tested! Only a matter of time! :D

V61
  8. michaeln

michaeln What're YOU lookin' at?

Oddometer:
    They may well do that but my experience with the pants I bought is that (probably due to my mutant body), I can pull the pants on, adjust all the armor to be in the right place, but then if I walk 10 steps it all slides down, ie: my knee will be poking out above the knee cup, the thigh armor is down by my knee, etc. I think some of this is due to my gut keeping the waistband where waistbands go on guys with guts (below the gut).

Anyway, I called Allan at Johnson Leathers and I will bring the pants back Saturday (the shirt works great!) and exchange the pants for the shorts plus strap-on knee guards or something. Having dealt with JL and Allan when they built me my custom full leathers a few years ago (all armored with T-Pro including back protector) I have no doubt they'll take care of me.
  9. st247

st247 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. moto-r

moto-r master the grid

Oddometer:
    I used to wear these for my daily commute under jeans. They're great.
    Yes they do keep you slightly warmer especially right under the armor but I found them very comfortable, and allow air to flow through the material.

Mine are the older version and bought them from Motostrano. I highly recommend trying them on first. I ended up buying 2 sizes larger than what I would normally have gotten.

As far as testing - they held up and protected my skin and leg as I landed and slide on my right side. Nothing broken. My jeans were toast and I'm sure without them I would have had a bad case of road rash and broken something-most likely my knee. They definitely saved my butt.