rnickymouse failure Mulholland fest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by wiseblood, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    At least I now know it can be done sanely at 30 MPH... for the life of me I can't figure out what half the bike wreckers are doing wrong there... some don't even seem to be going 30 and are still wrecking.
  2. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lsknKAKxUQ0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lurk
  3. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Three comments.

1: When he stopped earlier (I don't want to be behind this guy...) there was what appeared to be a pretty good view. :evil
    2: I love that it happened right after passing the HD.
    3: "I don't now what happened! It just, like, slipped!" Must have been that mysterious road problem that you can't see or feel unless you are going down.
  4. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    That, his lines sucked, and turn in was craaaaaaazy early in almost every instance.

Sell the bike....
  5. fast4d

fast4d Long timer

Oddometer:
    jesus christ. those focking lines. that's why I stay away from that area. he's bound to go wide and into on coming traffic. good thing he biffed it in a left curve.

listening to his 'thinking out loud':rofl
  6. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wait... He crashes??? I had to turn him off. I couldn't stand another moment of his idiocy.
  7. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like his excuse that going over the dbl yellow is actually a camera "optical illusion" :rofl:rofl

Yeah, his tires might have been on the correct side but his upper body and head were in the opposite lane.

Maybe those HD guys can give him some riding instruction- they stayed up.
  8. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    cmon people - this is LA we're talking about here. 17,000,000 people and about 3/4 of them are wanna-bes. Even if 1% of them are up there on the weekends, that's a lot of jerks
  9. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    Spend the money you wasted on the Go Pro for some rider training! Was that a 2 speed gearbox?:lol3
  10. outrunner

outrunner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If I had filmed myself riding like that I would never have posted it on line, in fact I would have destroyed the video and went for riding lessons.:deal

Andy.
  11. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    At about 1:20 or so the guy is out of breath.

Sounds like he is grunting through a big dump. Maybe that's why he can't concentrate on the road- he's crappin' in his pants.
  12. GSequoia

Oddometer:
    Yeah brah, it's hard work when you're always riding flat out to the edge.
  13. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    the entire section is pretty much second gear..... there is surprisingly little space in there
  14. C/1/509

C/1/509 Think for yourself

Oddometer:
    Damn! That video is painful to watch. Unless that camera creates some serious optical illusions, his lines suck.
  15. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    And then he wants all the plastic bits???? Bwaaaahhhhh!!!:lol3:lol3 I'm sure the dealership, quietly, must really like these guys. Noob squidly!!Yeah,,,
  16. GSequoia

Oddometer:
    I'd make sure to collect all the bits too so I wasn't leaving a mess behind. I'm not sure that was his motivation though.

Just watched the whole video. It wouldn't be as annoying if his commentary didn't have that air of being a skilled canyon rider.
  17. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe the dealership is rubbing soap into the road surface every night... :augie

Seriously... put your finger in the middle of the screen (:flip :lol3) while watching that video to get an idea where he is LOOKING while he's riding. Hint: Not very far ahead. I'll bet you he was TERRIFIED! Or, just terrifically stupid.
  18. Vince

Vince Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was the camera fixed on a wobbly 2 ft long pole stuck to the top of his helmet.I couldn't work out where in the lane he was.Wide angle lens?The next bit of road where all the crashes happen is similar to my local fun bits, a very very long curve with no obvious apex,looks a lot different to other bends in the vid,they being shorter bends,you need to be patient with the throttle and maintain corner speed.To much throttle action way to early. The result is lots of show pony action for the cameras.
  19. EddieMac

EddieMac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man, his lines really did suck! And I know suck! He started one of his last right turns on the inner third of his lane. I'm sure it was all an "optical illusion" so who knows where the F he really was.

I have a gopro and I haven't noticed any optical illusions in my videos. Of course, there are those quarters people keep pulling from my ears.
  20. alii1959

alii1959 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A couple of things amaze me about this bit of film.

1st....how much time these riders seem to spend standing about talking. Why not actually ride? Might improve the skills enough to avoid the oopsies!

2nd...he's full of crap. That cam seemed to be pretty accurate. He was out of his lane. He did pass illegally. He did pass in curves. He was riding way over his skill set.....well we know how that always ends, now don't we?

I just can't get over the fact that people view fast and scary as skill. I tend to like smoothness. If you can do it at speed great. If not slow down...slowing is not a sign of a teeny weeny either. It is a sign of maturity...ride to ride again!