Cracking 990 Fuel Line

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Rockwell, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Rockwell

Rockwell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    During my last valve clearance check, I noticed that the fuel line (that gets disconnected when taking the left tank off) from the fuel pump up to the throttle bodies was cracking. Has anyone had to replace these yet?
  2. DirtyADV

DirtyADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    There have been people writing that it had developed leaks, have it on my to do list to get a sturdier metal quick coupling and replace hose with a highquality hose, possible with braided protection.

Mine still looks good ...should do that only 1200 km on the bike so far =)

/Johan
  3. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    yep happened to all the motos I saw while modifing with external fuel set.

buy quality hoses, 7,5, I prefer AKRON reinforced, in the point put some old hoose cut in half and gued to the strout, reused the quick couplig just cutting it loose from the old pipe, than inox clamp and period. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    use the 7,5 mm so that with the time it will not lose it's shape while soaking in petrol, never forget it's NBR, it will eventually soak up and increase half the size.

ciaps
  4. AlxT

AlxT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last year i changed mine with a high quality hose and a metal ring (the one in the throttle bodies) a month prior to a 5000 klm trip.
    Figured out the hard way that metal rings (the ones that need a screwdriver) wont work for me in there.
    I had to open up the airbox twice in that trip as every 2000 klm or so the metal ring got loose, the hose got off the throttle bodies and flooded the airbox. Replaced it with a hole set of OEM preformed hose and metal clamp and never had a problem ever since.
    Never quite understand if the clamp was the problem or the new hose wasn't preformed and pulled downwards.
  5. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    got pushed off by the pressure itself and the loose fit

happens all the time wit 8mm hoose and elastic clip

use the screw inox version and it will stay there for ever :)

original is too expensive and not the rigth solution, YOU are the rigth solution 99 times out of 100

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  6. Rockwell

Rockwell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can see through the cracks in the rubber that there appears to be metal braining under the rubber. Hopefully I won't need to replace these within the next few months. I'm just finishing up a big trip, and it will be easier to replace these when I get back to Canada.