Shipping bikes across the US - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by jrunberg, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jrunberg

jrunberg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My irresponsible time in California is coming to an end (didn't think that was going to happen!) and now I need to move 2 bikes back to Virginia. Used uShip last time... worked but the shipper didn't make it easy.

Anyone have recommendations? Is there a better place to post this? The bikes will be a f650 Dakar and a Thurxton.

Gracias!
  2. Angry Wookie

Angry Wookie Running On Fumes

Oddometer:
    The most wretched hive of scum and villainy aka DC
    I used Federal to ship my RT from the Bay Area to Philadelphia a few years ago. I had a great experience with them. They were easy to work with and I think the bike only took about 9 days to get from door to door. I would use them again. http://www.funtransport.com/
  3. arrowheadjake

arrowheadjake Oldracr

Oddometer:
    I just had a bike delivered from S.Carolina. I used U-ship and the thing showed up on time and in great shape. Al went well and I would be glad to give you his info, contact me off line.
  4. jthomas82

jthomas82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just shipped a bike last month from Daytona to Okc and used Keyboard Transportation. They specialize in pianos but also ship bike. They have a rack that they developed to hold your bike down and move it around in the trailer with a dolly. I would highly recommend them if you don't want your bike dented or broke.
  5. Ridestrong

Ridestrong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just used them last summer when I bought my "new to me" '07 1200 GS. Had it shipped from Maine down here to Texas. Price was very reasonable ($575 I believe). Everything went as expected.