2012 Missouri Swinging Bridges Ride Tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by ThumperDRZ, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ThumperDRZ

ThumperDRZ Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer:
    Ride dates are May 5th-6th this year

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758281

The ride Starts and Stops in St. Clair, MO. The main route you'll see as light green for Saturday with the return trip as light blue on Sunday.

There are some detours - shortcuts in dark blue. There are some red routes that are a problem so read Track description.

I also made a detour for the small section that was flooded last year west of Bunker....though I will not know how well this detour works out....but it is a road. :wink:

The Bald Knob option is not a trail but there could be possible water issues here. In my opinion I think this is the best track of the ride. All bikes should be OK here - unless there is flooding like last year. A nice gal let us ride through her field that day for one impassable part.

Ashley Creek is in Red. If there is a lot of rain this Spring, it might be best avoided. Otherwise it too is a wonderful detour.

All of Sunday is fine and a fairly easy and relaxing ride back. Make sure you stop in St. Anthony for the "All you can eat" church picnic. They welcome us with open arms now....after they got used to us :lol3

Attached Files:

2. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    And a big thanks to Gary once again----who is going on this ride whether he's got a bike or not :D:D:D:D:D

I tweaked Garys' file just a little----added a few waypoints to notify you of an approaching optional track.
    Added a waypoint for Bo's Hollow---hard to miss, but give it a look see--what a hoot that place is.
    Added a waypoint for a particularly deep creek crossing so you can get your propeller extended.
    Be sure and stop at Devils well-----I've always by--passed this because I just didn't know any better---and on another ride I went to it----it is awesome. Walk past the parking lot and go down the steep stairs to the bottom.

Also----at the waypoint "Fence".
    I recommend going about a mile past this waypoint-----turn around--get a full head of steam---riding way over your head---way too fast----as you crest a hill you'll realize it's way too late to make the corner and you'll start braking---but it's too late, and you are done for-----so you start sliding and sliding and sliding----and slam right into the wire fence------- be sure and get tangled up in it really good-----go clean over the handlebars taking in the nice view at altitude on the way----lot's have done this----including me :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
    Bonus points given for "style"---"altitude"--"the look on your face" and "cus words".
    Until you've done this your really not a swinging bridge expert. :D

Or "NOT"

BigDog

Attached Files:

3. ThumperDRZ

ThumperDRZ Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer:

:lol3 You crack me up Mark.....going either way that sucker can be tricky.