Garmin Montana

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by AugustFalcon, May 18, 2011.

1. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    You need the Canada Enhanced Basemap.

You get road detail out to the 5k zoom level.

[​IMG]
  2. snooker

snooker AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer:
    Inserting the CNNANT 2012 DVD will autorun and then Garmin Map Setup shows the following screen. The Continue key is greyed out until you either connect your GPSr or you click on "Have a device you cannot connect?" and then enter the serial number of it. This happened the very first time I ever popped in the DVD on my first PC. So I think it has to know what device you are "tying" your single device license to before it continues, as far as I can tell. That kind of makes sense to me since it is licensed only to a single GPSr.

[​IMG]

On my first WinXP PC I installed CNNANT from DVD with its product key and did the Lifetime Update as well with its product key. So I have different 2 sets of CNNANT installed on my PC, but I have never used MapInstall (or anything else) to install any maps onto the Montana.

But the problem is, Now on my new Win8 notebook whether I connect the Montana or enter the serial number of it, it will go the next screen asking for the product key, and if I enter the product key from the DVD it says:
    "The Product Key is not valid for this Map Update".

[​IMG]

It does seem like it knows I have installed and updated with the latest version once and won't let me do it again, maybe thinking I should already have the latest for the GPSr I have specified. But it should be able to tell I am on a different computer (MAC Address or whatever). I wanted to get this installed for a present but guess I will have to wait until Garmin is open again, haven't found anything helpful in Garmin forum yet either.
  3. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    What about going to your MyGarmin account online, downloading the map update to the new computer then installing that?

Check this FAQ in the Garmin Forums.

There is a section dealing with getting the maps onto a second computer.
  4. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Yeah, been using that trick for years. :D

Could get 8k zoom on a 478, which was totally useless. :lol3

Metroguide Can V4 is damn near the backroads mapbook. All the old crown road allowances and abandoned railbeds are on it.
  5. Jon_PDX

Jon_PDX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Regarding installing maps on computers and unlocking them......

I have my CN installed on more than on computer (Windows and MAC). I ran the installs off the CD's without the GPS connected and the installs went fine. Just like installing anything else.

Were I ALWAYS run into issues is with the product keys to unlock the maps. It seems like I have to try multiple times before I get the correct key to unlock the maps. Sometimes I get the correct key from the My Garmin site on the first try and other times I have to search through their menu system under my account to find the correct key for the product I wish to unlock because for some reason they seem to list more than one key for some of my maps.

Either that or I'm getting old and confused when I look for stuff in my account at their site :lol3

Eventually it does work and I think I finally got the correct keys backed up on my system now.

But it sure was a hassle the last time I had to do it.

Jon...
  6. johnpitts01

johnpitts01 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had my Montana now for more than a month. I loaded all the maps on the SD card a couple weeks ago. Due to a heavy International travel schedule I havent even turned the Montana on...... until yesterday.

I am now back at home and needed to take a short trip to a place I'd never been before. Turned the unit on. Let me see, I need to find a place. Why isn't there a choice for recreation, community, etc. Oh I know, I probably dont have the CN map active. Find the wrench, easy, find maps, ok. Hmmmmmm, no CN map and 5 versions of Topo 100k. WTF?!?!?!

OK, go to this thread. And there like magic is someone else with the same problem and the solution from Emmbeedee.

Thanks again.

BUT, why is this damned thing so complicated?
    I know the answer already. It is so powerful and can be configured to do exactly what YOU want it to do, no matter what that may be.
    Which means it aint for everybody.
    But if you take the time to figure it out, or follow the lead of others on this thread it is a great device.

Now I need to start working this thing and getting it configured for my needs: Adventure Motorcycling, Mountain biking, Geocaching, On road car and motorcycling.

JB

7. snooker

Oddometer:
    Well MBD gave me a good tip and I figured this out, thanks!

The solution was to go my.garmin.com, login and go to the My Maps tab. There it showed CNNANT 2013.30 and had a Download link. This is the latest version which is a result of my installing the nuMaps Lifetime Update earlier. Clicking on the Download link goes to a new page and a link to Download Map Updater, and when you click on that it downloads this executable called Map Updater. Note when you run it that it is a different program from the one above launched from the DVD. Instead it is running "Map Updater v3.1.20".

At this point it wants you to connect your GPSr but it does not ask you for a Product Key. Again note below it is Map Updater and not Map Setup which is running if you try an install from the DVD:

[​IMG]

I think what I have learned here is that because CNNANT has the posssibility of a Lifetime Update, once you activate the Lifetime Update online and download a new update, then Garmin knows that fact and you can not use the (older) DVD version and install it, not even on a different PC. I am guessing the reason is that it knows you have already downloaded a newer update so the DVD is an older version.

For comparison, I *WAS* able to install the latest Topo US 24k Southwest onto my 2nd PC from the DVD, and it was able to install fine using the Product Key in the DVD cover. I'm guessing the reason is that there is no update available so this is still the latest one and it accepted the product key.
  8. GSXR

GSXR Trail Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks Drif. That's a brilliant link.

Smithy
  9. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I'm just passing it on, I got it here. Somebody else did the work. :thumb
  10. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    So I unpacked my new Montana 600 yesterday, thanks Santa, and have a had a bit of a play, and I seem to have one major problem that someone may be able to assist with.

It won't switch on with the supplied LiIon battery pack.

I installed the battery as per the instructions and plugged the GPS into the supplied mains charger. I did remove the packaging from the battery. Once the AC was on, it booted up, so I had a bit of a play and then switched it off to get the battery charged up for a few hours, a max of 4.5 hrs if flat according to the manual.

It won't turn on unless the mains charger is connected. It will however work OK with 3 AA Alkaline batteries fitted instead of the LiIon pack.

When I plug it into the computer, a W7 PC, It boots into a 'comms' state with a USB symbol on the screen and it won't allow anything else to happen.

My questions then are:

1. Should there be some sort of charging indication on the screen when an external power supply is connected via the USB cable?
    2. Is it possible to use the Montana when its connected to a PC or is it purely a 'slave'? My 60CSX allows me to use it when its connected to the PC, so I expected the Montana would too.
    3. What voltage should the LiIon battery pack have available at its various pins? The 2 outers measure 3.77 v and I get other voltages when measuring across other combinations, so I'm not sure what is right or wrong. The pack is rated at 3.7 v so I'm guessing that its the GPS itself that isn't connecting to the battery. All the connectors look OK as far as I can tell.
    Thanks
    Steve
  11. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Yes, you should get a battery symbol on the screen if the Li-Ion pack is installed and charging.

The Montana is different; when in USB storage mode, that's all it can do.

I have no idea.

My guess is that you have a bad battery pack.
  12. atlas cached

atlas cached Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tons of good information to answer all these questions available from the Montana wiki, including how to USE the Montana while connected to your computer!

Are you absolutely certain you are inserting the li-ion battery in the Montana correctly?
  13. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I was initally suspicious of the battery pack, but it could also be the unit itself not connecting to the pack. I expect it'll be a warranty replacement, just gotta wait for the vendor to come back on line.
  14. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this. I have previously had a look at the Wiki, and I guess I should have mentioned that too. I guess I'm just thick, but I can't find the answers to the questions that I've asked, and that's why I thought I'd try the ever helpful ADV community.

As far as using the Montana when connected to the PC, the Wiki explains how to get it to remain in USB mode which seems to have been an issue for some, but not that it can be used normally when connected to a PC. I note that Yossarian states that it can't, which is consistent with the evidence I have.

As far as fitting the battery, I did it as per the manual. Lined up the connections, put that end in first and then press the other end down. Removal is the reverse, with the non pin end being the power switch end.

FWIW this is not my first GPS device, I've been using them since about 1987.

I have got it visible in BaseCamp, and updated the firmware OK. And I can see the maps in BaseCamp OK too. I've been able to upload a couple of routes, although not tracks for some reason, but I want to sort the battery out before I get too far into it.
  15. atlas cached

atlas cached Long timer

Oddometer:
    They certainly are a very friendly and helpful bunch!

Setup -> System -> Interface -> Garmin Spanner

When you connect your Montana via USB, it will ask if you wish to enter Mass Storage Mode.

Select 'No'.

The Montana will finish booting as if it were not connected to the computer, and you can continue to use it as such. If you have nRoute installed, it will read location information in real time from your Montana.

Very last line of the Mass Storage page in the wiki.

I agree, get the battery issue resolved ASAP, then move on.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.
  16. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Learn something every day.

Thanks!
  17. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    Anyone seen any smoking deal on a Montana 650 for today ?
  18. snooker

Oddometer:
    BergDonk don't forget to troubleshoot battery problems you can also try inserting AA batteries as an experiment. While 3 AA's put out 4.5-4.8volts, I'm a bit surprised at the voltage rating on the LithiumIon being so much lower than that?
  19. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    As I noted above, it works fine with 3 AAs and as you point out, if they are in series as seems likely, then 4.5-4.8 V. USB is supposed to be 5 V +/- 0.25V, so that's what it gets when connected to the PC, and presumably the supplied mains charger which is labelled 5 V 1 A.

The labelling on my LiIon battery pack indicates 3.7 V, 2000 mAh, 7.4 Wh. I assume the Montana's actual operating voltage must be down around 3.3-3.5 V after regulation, assuming that 3.7 V is the correct LiIon spec for the Montana.

My LiIon battery measures 3.77 V across the 2 outer pins and other lesser voltages with other pin combinations. What I don't know is why it has 4 pins, and what the voltage across the various combinations of the 4 pins should be.

If someone could measure the voltage of pins. 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4 for me that'd be really helpful in working out if its the battery or GPS. The pin nos I've arbitrarily <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-AU</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-line-height-alt:0pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->assigned are if you remove the battery from the GPS, stand it on its end with the pin connections up, and on the left, and 1-4 are left to right.

20. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    When I had it connected to the PC it offered no option re the connection. I'm used to this behaviour with my Magellan Explorist XL. But I will have to experiment more, maybe it depends on the connection and boot sequence. All I have done to date is have the PC booted, connect the Montana and then turn it on. It boots straight to USB mass strorage mode without the choice. Maybe a hot conection changes this? I guess I'll find out. Its no big deal if this is the way it is, just unexpected, because the 60CSX doesn't care, and of course, it seems I should have a choice.