SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Welcome to ADV be sure to come out and meet everyone when you get a chance.

I hate to burst your bubble but good luck on finding that killer deal this time of year. If you can't pay the price someone else is right around the corner that can and will. Get the money together and keep looking you never know that ship might just come in. :D
  2. EmptiMind

EmptiMind Not so young, but still stupid

Oddometer:
    It's no so much I can't pay the price, it's that I'm not willing. I guess. For the same price as that 1996 guy is asking, I can find 2000+ bikes. Like that one in Arizona. Problem is, it's in Arizona. They're all over the country for decent prices, but I can't seem to find anyone who doesn't have their heads stuck in the clouds in the PNW. KBB on the '96 is $1300. Nada is like $600... I realize these values aren't representative of the local market, but it's hard to pay over 3 times the value a bank would finance for.

Heck, those '87s were basically rusted husks that once were motorcycles. And those people still expected 1000-1500 for them. Am I the one in the wrong here? Do I just need to swallow it and overpay?
  3. XR4EVER

XR4EVER 919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer:
    I look at bikes (and other things I am into....) like fine art and antiques: I only pay what they are worth to ME; wether it is way under or way over market value is irrelevant, unless I plan to resell it. :deal

I have "overpaid" for tools and such at auctions and have heard the laughs in the background after "sold" was yelled. That doesn't bother me because for what they were worth to me, I underpaid. Those tools went to a good home and are restored and still in service today.

I agree the people around here are totally on crack when it comes to prices of motorsports. I have almost totally given up on my jeeping hobby because I simply can't afford it. People can sit on their junk and watch it rot before I pay good money for some of it!
  4. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    You and I have very similar thought patterns. I'm fine with throwing money at something I believe to be worth it. Heck, I'd be fine with throwing a wad of money at an older bike, as long as it has maintenance records, and isn't a rusted pile of poop. But just because these things are labeled timeless classics, and bulletproof, doesn't mean you can charge what you paid for the machines 12 years ago.
  5. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Wow, me to a tee.
  6. XR4EVER

XR4EVER 919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer:
    This isn't bike related, but about 20 years ago, my dad and I were at an estate auction in PA to check out an old jeep. It was listed as simply "old farm jeep". In reality, it was a mint condition '46 CJ2A with 32k miles, complete with farm implements and a rear PTO, and a rare factory aluminum hard top. A true "barn find". The other guys that were there to check it out were crawling under it and shaking their heads. After outbidding them and winning the auction at around $2000(!!!), I heard one of them say, "Wait till they crawl under it and see it needs a new exhaust." :photog
  7. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    hahahahah exactly. :lol3
  8. walla walla Bob

walla walla Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you want to drive this far. But this one looks pretty clean and almost down to your price. http://wyoming.craigslist.org/mcy/4373518282.html
  9. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    That's a good find! Think I've got a line on a Super Sherpa in Vegas. We'll see what tomorrow holds.
  10. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have to ask, if you are willing to travel wherever and get it back, wouldn't it be cheaper, and easier, to just spend a few more bucks locally?

Oh yeah, old school but that price! http://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/4378316623.html
  11. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    May be easier, but not cheaper. I've got help in Vegas, not only checking out the bike but helping with shipping. Plus, I'm not sure if you've seen prices down there, but they're waaay cheaper than up here. I see small dual sports for literally half the price that people are asking up here.
  12. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good enough! It was a curiosity thing for me, glad you have the support to make it worth your while!
  13. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Took a ride over to my son's place in Alberton Mt over the weekend. I met up with him and his wife, Claire, at the Pizza Factory in Wallace. Jake has a FZ1 Yamaha, and Claire has a 250 Ninja.
    Temp in Wallace was 38 degrees

[​IMG]

After lunch, we rode to the top of Lookout and stopped to take a picture. Right after I Took this, the sky opened up and started snowing. Snowed hard for a couple minutes, then slowed down a little bit.

[​IMG]

Jakes GoPro video when we took off.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GzcOz6Tith0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Spent the night with them, then rode back home on Sunday. Weather was a little nicer at Lookout pass.

[​IMG]

About 350 miles total. Wasn't my first ride of the year, but was definitely my coldest
  14. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    OK everyone smithe really does exist and is capable of showing up on time. :clap

Live2Ride, I just don't know what to say about you. I always knew you were a little off.
  15. Dr. Hemlock

Dr. Hemlock Honky Mofo

Oddometer:
    I ride to Missoula frequently and was gonna offer to tag along with Live2Ride sometime...but I'm lacking whatever he's got. I don't even like that winter drive in the car.
  16. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  17. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3 It wasn't that bad, I only had to chain up once.
  18. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    Live2ride, your v-strom always looks sleeker than mine. Must be those BMW stickers.

Feike and I had a ride today. He took me on his special 40 mile loop that includes some dirt and half of Newman lake. I do not recommend anyone do the Newman Lake loop yet. It was way worse than any of the dirt we hit. Branches on the road, bark everywhere, and muddy dirt. Fun ride though, I found a few twisties I didn't know existed before, so all in all a good day.

Didn't even drop the Wee!
  19. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Its the color. :deal
  20. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    In case anyone was wondering about my new quadcopter, here's my first video. :D

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZG0ouMClrm4" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>