Kawasaki J300 Scooter

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by k3ith, Oct 7, 2013.

1. k3ith

k3ith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting........

Honestly I thought Kawasaki would be the last Japanese manufacture to consider the scooter market. They must know something we don't. Are we right on the edge of even higher gasoline prices?

It looks a lot like the Yamaha T-Max. Kind of on the sporty side of the scooter equation.

My guess is before this new Kawasaki scooter even sees the light of day in the US market they will sit back and see how the Forza 300 does.
  3. AMAC1680

AMAC1680 Outdoorsman, advocate, paraplegic

Oddometer:
    Could be the gas or could be they are targeting an aging western population. Almost 13000 Americans turn 65 everyday and many that rode cycles won't be able to swing a leg or work the shiter. But will still want to ride.

Who knows I don't see a big reversal in fuel so that could be a driving force.
    We shall see.

Be Big,
    AMAC
  4. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree I never thought Kawasaki would ever sell a scooter in the U.S. Looks a lot like a Ninja. May even have the Ninja 300 engine in it. Kawasaki has a thing for performance. Definitely looks better than the Forza to me.
  5. k3ith

k3ith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^yeah, my first thought was that a ninja and burgman had a baby. I kindof like it. I assume we'll hear more over the next couple months if it's coming to the US in 2014.
  6. fzrspirit

fzrspirit n00b

Oddometer:
    Now that would be nice!
  7. emmettken

emmettken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting.
    I wish one of the Japanese companies would clone the Vespa style in a 300cc to 400cc scooter.
  8. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I can agree on the aging population being a factor on why scooters seem to be increasing in popularity. Also the Japanese brands have been around long enough now for this aging demographic to want to stick with the brands they trust. In the past aging demographics went straight to Harley and that is why I think Harley had such a good run the past 15 years give or take.

One nice thing about Kawasaki is they usually move pretty fast compared to Honda. Kawasaki has been known to release a few spy photos and within a few months the new bike shows up on dealer lots. Unlike Honda that teases and finely gets around to releasing it 12 to 18 months down the road. So its just possible this new Kawasaki scooter will show up sooner then we think.

I also agree that its pretty likely this scooter is using a version of the Ninja 300 motor in it. This sort of parts sharing is becoming the norm. In a related note I heard Yamaha has big plans on the new triple power plant they just released in the FZ09. Over the coming years they plan a who slate of different styles of bikes using this engine. Honda is already doing it with the new 500cc and 700cc twins.
  9. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gets my vote :clap
  10. sve

sve n00b

Oddometer:
    I would love to see a kawasaki scooter, but these maxi scooters do absolutely nothing for me.
  11. guzziknight

guzziknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too. Most maxi scooters look like space ships to me and I don't like them. Now a classic looking 400-500 would be perfect for me. The closest thing I've seen recently is the Scarabeo 500ie, but they don't import those anymore to the States.
  12. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we've pretty much got the Maxi covered before this hits the states. I'd be more interested if it were along the lines of the Honda SH300 of the KYMCO 300i.
  13. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only maxi I ever rode was a BMW C600 during a demo day event. I liked it. Heated seat and grips were appreciated.

I'd be curious to try one of these. Looks ok.

I'm pretty sure my next scoot will be a PCX150. I don't do any highway riding, mostly in town and coastal roads. A maxi scoot would be overkill for the kinda riding I do.
  14. AMAC1680

AMAC1680 Outdoorsman, advocate, paraplegic

Oddometer:
    For some reason the powers in the Far East believe we want scooters that look like a small boat from the 50's. I'll never understand.

Be big,
    AMAC
  15. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't get me wrong, maxi's have their place, hell, I own one. I just don't think we need another with the limited selection of retro and sport scooters in the 250-350 range.
  16. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I've been wanting a 300-400cc scooter with a standard scooter look (meaning short wheelbase) for some time. I know it is possible to build, but was told it would be unstable at the speeds it would be capable of. I think larger wheels would solve that problem.

I won't be buying any more new bikes till after the end of March next year, if the Kawasaki is coming here it will probably be here by then. I can't see Kawasaki selling anything slow. Back in the '70s when mopeds were the big thing, all the Japanese manufacturers had them but Kawasaki. The laughed at them, and were pushing their KE100 as an alternative. They seemed to be doing the same with scooters.
  17. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

That is a good looking scooter.
  18. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indeed. If the performance and tech are right with modern service intervals, I'd roll it.

Certainly has better looks than its competitors.
  19. gumshoe4

gumshoe4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks interesting. I hope they keep it simple and make it handle well...larger wheels and better suspension. I agree would be nice if it had the Ninja 300 motor...it's a little screamer...but I suspect the power band on that engine is too narrow for a scooter like this...
  20. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Closest is the Honda SH 300 which they refuse to bring to the US.