Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Osprey!

Osprey! a.k.a. Opie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love the way that old Suzuki looks. Did you recover the saddle?
  2. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake! Supporter

Oddometer:

Great riding form-just like her dad. Head up, arms loose, using leg's, etc..:clap
    Now a bit about reading terrain, how to spot deep water...:lol3

You ROCK JozGirl!:clap:clap:clap
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap

Too cool old school.
  4. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
    No pics, but that DR can lean waaaaaaaaaay over in the twisties no problem....Thanks David ..P.S. noisey pirates in Golden suck . when trying to enjoy coffee out doors.
    PS LOUD PIPES =SMALL BRAINS =SMALLER SEX ORGANS!:lol3 no pics of of any of above !!!:eek1:eek1
  5. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BkqCmVXXbk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Took a spirited blast up Deer Creek Canyon on the Adventure yesterday... Felt great to get out on some twisties!

But no, I wasn't this guy...

Motorcyclist escapes in high speed chase in Lakewood

Colorado State Patrol troopers and Gilpin County Sheriff's deputies chased a motorcyclist at speeds that reached 105 miles per hour but lost the rider at 6th Avenue and Kipling Street in Lakewood when traffic made continuing the pursuit too dangerous.

The Gilpin County Sheriff Office contacted the patrol at 2:41 p.m. saying the motorcycle rider had elude deputies as they chased the bike southbound on state Highway 119 at mile post 10, said Patrol Sgt. Mike Baker.

Troopers spotted the motor cycle on US Highway 6 at mile post 267. "They did see a motorcycle travelling at a great rate of speed. The motorcycle didn't stop when troopers attempted to contact him," Baker said.

The rider was crossing the yellow line and passing traffic on both shoulders of the road and ran a red light. The pursuit hit a speed of 105 miles an hour before it was terminated, Baker said.
  7. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    Well, can you image 500,000 of those types in Daytona this week?:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:rofl
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I was talking with my Mom this weekend.

"The city is rumbling again" she said :rofl
  9. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake! Supporter

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/38078462?autoplay=0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="223" width="398"></iframe>

:eek1
  10. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing his buddies knew what they were doing and had the proper equipment w/ him. Lots of people have the gear (the beacons), but don't really know how to use them.

He wss also very luck he did not break anything.
  11. rtadlock

rtadlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why the F would you EVER leave your beacon at the truck!? There is a such thing as remote triggering even if you're on low angle stuff...man, I'm so glad he's ok. My heart was racing watching that video. My heart sank when the guy realized he didn't have a beacon on. Good on those guys for knowing how to use their equipment.
  12. ER70S-2

ER70S-2 Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. grub

grub Requires Supervision

Oddometer:
    I hate snow
  14. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    That was an excellent training video for sled riders. The lessons are obvious and well explained and what surprised me was the fact that the sled run area was pretty safe but he just triggered a small slightly uphill slab with the granular stuff beneath. But I guess he won't be leaving his beacon behind anymore.
  15. Narsisco Lopez

Narsisco Lopez Addlepated

Oddometer:
    I poached this scene using my video camera last year and had it up on YouTube the last 12 months. Viacom FINALLY ordered them to pull it down last month. (after I'd gotten major comments and views on it... so much that YouTube offered me ad revenues for it!).

I still think this episode is freaking hee-larry-ass! And super-fitting with this warm weather we're getting... squids ABOUNDED last Saturday on W. Colfax!
  16. Narsisco Lopez

Oddometer:
    Being the dirt noob I am, I decided an MSF course was a good idea, so I met Kathy and Michael from United Dirt Bike School out at the Watkins track this past Sunday. I was the only student, but they still showed up... which I thought was very cool of them.

Flash cards and required statements/oral questions aside, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot (stuff I probably should have already knew).

The funny thing is while I was riding this little bike on those tiny radii, Geek and Jay71 were out at IMI doing fundamentals (had a VM from Geek I didn't get till my course was over).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, let's see if I can transfer what I learned to the 990!
  17. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    last week's road trip...

After a couple months without a day off, got hold of a week where nobody needed me around :clap

Blue Mesa :vardy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but...weather heading my way, so at Moab I turned south. Got snowed on lightly in Monticello & Blanding. From Mexican Hat - Page - Kanab, temps were dropping, into the mid-teens by Kanab....but clear

[​IMG]

Fast forward from Kanab, UT to Vegas, Barstow, Bakersfield.... and on to an old favorite, hwy 58 between Buttonwillow and Santa Margarita. Great road. :nod

[​IMG]

seafood in Morro Bay....near Morro Rock

[​IMG]

Next morning...hwy 1 and about the best weather a person could ask for.

way up on that hill...
    [​IMG]

a home with a view :D
    [​IMG]

the fun begins a few miles north of Cambria as I head for my hometown/birthplace of Monterey. I try to get back here every other year or so when work schedules allow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

past Monterey, Santa Cruz, over the GGB, at Petaluma headed back to the coast. From Bodega Bay north to Point Arena and a twisty road from there to Boonville I haven't ridden since high school.
    From Ukiah, hwy 20 east past Clear Lake - hwy 20 east until it joins I-80.
    From there, the long drone home.

[​IMG]
  18. Narsisco Lopez

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Been to this place a few years ago... good food, as I remember.

[​IMG]

That the Hearst Mansion?
  19. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    The food was ok....nothing special but pretty good.

Yes, William Randolph's castle in San Simeon.
  20. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Did you ride the Ninja Blake.. or the ST1300 :D ?