World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I have tier 9 and 10 tanks, and still have my PzK IV as well. 73% on the secondary skills. This, and a few others, have taught me that the Mentor skill as a first skill for the commander is worthwhile.
  2. rjbergen

rjbergen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I'm new to the forums. A friend of mine plays in the clan and I was wondering if I could be added to the clan. My WoT handle is rjbergen, just like my forum name.
  3. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    We have strict criteria for new member applications.

Have you ever been arrested, or do you own a motorcycle? Either will get you in.
  4. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Added to 1st post.

Welcome aboard.
    Please think about filling out your profile when you have time. Not a requirement but we are a curious lot.
  5. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I reached a new epoch in my t-50-2 yesterday. I've scouted the entire enemy team, one enemy team "reported" me for making their arty dizzy, and in another game the opposition accused me of taunting them.

Hee hee hee.
  6. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Do we get a prize for both? :lol3 :freaky
  7. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    You Betcha!

You earned the right to be on fail teams for your next public battles!
  8. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Fixt!
  9. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Loaded the game on the laptop over the weekend and noticed there is a mic section in the sound setup.

Does this game support its own in-game chat now?....or is this something that is on the way.

Got the JS this weekend....I think it is the same tier as the tiger...seems very different from the tiger.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    It has supported in game audio for platoon members since I started playing last winter. It doesn't support full team audio.

The IS plays more like a big medium tank, especially when upgraded. The Tiger is a sniper.
  11. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine is still bone stock, the gun seems (on the stock tank) a little stronger then the tiger...but it could be that now MM vs. the MM of old. It also seems to be cheaper to repair. I had a 16K repair bill in JGPanther this weekend....ouch. Even when you walk away from a match with 25k it just seems like you don't get very far.....I actually am making more money, just not the % in my PzIII...and it still bounces everything. I had one game where I bounced 37 shots and did no damage....but still got a pretty good pay day.
  12. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    had a game last night where i was snipping with ym PZIV was picking off #5 a KV-1S and our own KV pulled around behind the church and right behind the tank I'm blasting, Yep you guessed it, my crew shot wide and down goes our KV and I turn blue, kill the other teams KV with the next shot and quickly say i'm sorry for killing ours. start up the hill taking out one more of theirs and start getting called a team killer. then our other KV started firing at me. I've seen people kill up to two of there own team bafor turning blue. this guy was at 14% and I missed by a few inches and kill him behind the other guy and i turn blue with 4 kills under my belt. what the crap.

anyway if some one complains about it that's what happened and i have it recorded. :deal Stand strong was also parked right there and saw it as well.:lol3
  13. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    The in game voice works well when you're platooned. Tried it a few days ago.

The IS is my favorite tank. I used to like the tiger, then they nerfed it like they did with most German stuff. IS never lost anything. Reasonably quick and large boom stick.

The KV-1S also looks like fun. Big gun, relatively mobile for a tier6. I'm starting to tire of the very slow KV-1.
  14. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    The KV-1S and IS play very much the same.....the 1S is just softer.
  15. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    KV-1S is by far my favorite tank. Has been since I first drove it sometime in beta.

I bought mine back with the special this last weekend. So I now have a teir 6 to run with newbs.
  16. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    My laptop suffered a disk error this weekend that won't load my desktop, so off to the geek squad I go. Hopefully I'll be up and running with it again soon, 'cause I really can't afford a replacement right now.
  17. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    One of the games I played over the weekend had a blue guy right off the bat....we get started and about 1min into the game...and that is a long time...boom one of our guys kills him. Why I ask...he says he was blue and a team killer....I ask back was he shooting at us?...did he kill any of our team...no is the response.

I tell the guy he is an idiot....that he just killed one of our guys and we are now down one tank....you can get blue for the most stupid reasons...I had it happen to me the same way...shooting over a stug and he moves up on some rubble...boom he is dead.....I turn blue, said I was sorry...the stug replied back NP, but our guys still shot me.

If you are blue I think you are just an easy kill for some newbe.
  18. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    That's why i was thinking of getting one, to play at a lower tier with a big gun and speedy tank.
  19. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    Yeah when the KV fired at me I was rotating to own his ass because I had already said why it had killed the team mate. if someone is blue and they are showing -2 then I will kill them, if they turn blue during the game its normally a oops and I just leave them be, the bad thing was someone actully said i had killed more then one guy on our team. I need to go see if I can convert the video.
  20. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have only shot one blue guy and he was in a speedy tank....don't remember what kind and shooting our guys....he killed 3 before we got him.

I figured it was just road rage or something, but then he started shooting at everyone in his path....then the rest of the team started hunting him.

Pretty crazy.