North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. DOGSROOT

DOGSROOT OUTSIDE

Oddometer:
    Hey P

I'm ecstatic to see you getting into the game.:norton

Je ne peux pas attendre de voir ton TAG!!!
  2. Pete O Static

Pete O Static Adventure Seeker

Oddometer:
    Root.........I half expected to see you there mate!

donnymoto.........I loved reading your James Bay ride. How did you ever find that beach of canoes on google earth? You must have been really bored that day. Turned into a great ride though!

My promise to all the inmates. The egg will not get buried under six feet of snow this winter. I am heading south on or about the 20th if you can hang till then.
  3. donnymoto

donnymoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, was actually looking for remote fishing spots when I found the James Bay Road. From there, the road to the canoes was on the satellite view, but not map view. When I started the trip, I was looking at grabbing this egg and taking it all the way up there. :D

20th??? Cool!
  4. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Go for the long haul. Pete.:thumb
  5. Z1Krob

Z1Krob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap

Go for the long haul!
  6. Bratso

Bratso A Heluva Sack o' Potatoes

Oddometer:

So, where ya heading ???? :wink:

Ride safe !!!!
    :ricky
  7. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer:
    I think I will be riding south for the weekend of Oct 10-11. If the egg makes down my way I could make sure he gets to the Sunny South for the winter!
  8. Pete O Static

Oddometer:
    I am planning on heading down the Blue Ridge for some photo ops of the changing leaves. I see that this Tag O Rama has already included stops along the BRP and Mt Washington, would be nice to put it somewhere different. There is a nice little spot in Lock Haven PA that I want to visit along the way. Thinking I will leave the egg there for someone to pick up in hopes that it will venture south west.
  9. dirtymartini

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm, I think that would work out for me taking the egg south, I'll keep a watch out.:clap
  10. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    WooHoo....there's the word I waz looking for!!!!
  11. Pete O Static

Oddometer:
    You guys have been patient waiting for me to get on my ride. That is cool. I know some of you want the egg to travel a long distance and I would love to see it venture West, so it went on an unofficial trip today.

The egg goes to Phoenix!:clap

The rules said it had to be on two wheels, so here it is, in Phoenix on two wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there is an "unofficial" side trip. The egg is back in Toronto tonight and still planning for a departure on the 20th which should put the egg in P.A that evening.
  12. 42

42 Bokononist

Oddometer:
  13. HeyDoc

HeyDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man, that egg does get around!
  14. Squidmark

Squidmark a.k.a. "The Colonel"

Oddometer:
    The banks of the mighty Nissitissit River
    Am I the only one who thinks sitting on the tag for two weeks is a bit much?

I mean, this is prime riding season in most of NA. I'd rather see the tag bounce around the current tag area some more (and see some other neat buildings/historical sites/natural areas/whatever) than waste two weeks waiting for a tag-holder to take a preplanned motorcycle trip. That's a thread-killer to me.

Flame away if you disagree!
  15. Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have no problem seeing the egg sit around for awhile so long as it is followed by a long ride. Long rides are suppose to be the nature of the NATOR. Its not so easy to just take off for a long one on a moments notice. It seems to me that a wait now and again is the price we pay.

Yankee Dog
  16. 42

42 Bokononist

Oddometer:
    How about a two hour ride? Just to keep it going.
  17. DOGSROOT

DOGSROOT OUTSIDE

Oddometer:
    HEY Pete-O-Static

I'se got 2 things ta say.

Like other local folks, I'd of course like to see the EGG bounce around the region a bit too. This would be for altruistic reasons and personal gain. But like I posted before, ain't no rules stopping you from carrying out your diabolical plan.:rofl

Regardless of what you decide to do, I have to tell you that when I was down riding the Blue Ridge/Smokey Mountains, all the riders told me to avoid the fall season, or the Plague of Winnebagoes. Seems all sorts of oldsters in RVs flock to the area for the fall colours.
    What with you riding a F800 and being a test-pilot and all, I could imagine that would cramp your riding style a bit...

Just sayin'.:norton
  18. dirtymartini

Oddometer:
    Stay tuned Yankee Dog. If I get my mitts on the egg it's headed your way!
  19. Pete O Static

Oddometer:
    Squid

My take on it is this. There are obviously more guys South of the border involved in this thread than North. From the reading I have done, it seemed to me that it was more important to get the egg back to the end zone where the majority of the players are waiting. Unfortunately, as soon as it came to Canada, it sat waiting for someone to get it. Simply not a large audience here apparently.

I could take it down the road for you if you like and satisfy the instant gratification of an egg movement, or we can be patient and get it back to where the majority of the members are involved and keep the thread going with a longer term goal in mind. My gut feeling is that most would prefer to wait till the end of the week.

Hey Dogsroot

Thanks for the heads up on the BRP. That is actually the return portion of the itinerary. Southbound is dirt roads via Trough Creek, Monongahela and Jefferson. My thinking was that kids are back to school. Didn't think about the grandparents in the RV!
  20. ULELUZE

ULELUZE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was still moving in Canada.. It got stuck when it went out to New Brunswick, but in Ontario it moved around a fair bit... If it was a LONG trip I would say it makes sense, but it is moving 500 km, I have seen it move more then 500 km in one day...
    Just my opinion...