2007 GSA vs new model?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by boxertwinuk, Jan 21, 2011.

1. boxertwinuk

boxertwinuk GB Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, have had my GSA since '07 and have done 40k on it, have been thinking of trading it in now...is there a big difference with the 110bhp and other improvements?
  2. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Good jump from 07 to 08 and then another big jump to 2010. They were all very noticable jumps to me. If you've got the bucks, yea, go for the 2011 or wait till 2012 maybe another jump up.
  3. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    Good time to find a leftover '10.
  4. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Runs with Scissors

Oddometer:
    I had an 08 RT and i like the motor more in the '11GSA

Sounds awesome with the muffler flap and the grunt hits quicker.

Also they revised the transmission and it shifts very smooth, even the first gear clunk is subdude.

Eninge is the same for 10 and 11 :*sip*
  5. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    That's not many miles. Wait till 2013 for the water cooled :1drink
  6. REVjimenez

REVjimenez ESSCAPEr

Oddometer:
    Consider putting in a bit on an Akrapovic pipe to get extra HP and shed weight, do a canectomy, as well as get your injectors cleaned and flow tested, then park the rest of the money for dramatic improvements which the '10 and '11 are barely in compare to the aforementioned done up right...
  7. 68deluxe

68deluxe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was told by a local dealer that all the 10's are gone. This is the same guy who told me you could not custom order a base GSA without ABS/ESA.
  8. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    I have an 07. If I could pick and choose from the "improvements" cafeteria-style , I might do it.
  9. Cordless

Cordless Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer:
    I, too, have a 2007 GSA. While the new models have some nice features, I haven't seen enough improvement to justify giving up a bike that works for one newer. Of course, I can't say I use the 2007 to its limits and I am not planning a long multi-week ride in the next year.

If you have the need for a slightly faster, newer bike with better sound and more complicated electronics, you might be able to justify it. I have seen no evidence the new ones are more reliable or fit a rider differently or have better safety/stopping abilities.

I have not ridden the latest GSA so it might be a superbike and I don't know it.

I would wait for a decidedly different GSA and then decide. Until then I am happy with the '07 GSA with its very good brakes, fine engine, great sound, and proven performance--and it's the current GSA ridden by those hollywood blokes through Africa.
  10. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    I've also got an '07 and I just can't see buying another of the same model, newer or not. There are just too many other bikes out there to double-dip.
  11. Stinkyb

Stinkyb GS"eh" rider

Oddometer:
    Is there something wrong with your 07? I have an 06 gsa, rode an 08 gsa.....to me there was little to no difference in ride quality/power etc.
    Another gsa means you get to throw away xtra coin for the shinier model and comfort farkles that you aquired on your 07 that are maybe not compatible.

I see it as wasted money in my eyes. Imagine the trips you could do w/ wasted interest and product depreciation.
    40k.....she just barely opened up her legs for you:lol3

Its all too easy to get drawn into the "it" crowd
  12. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod Intrepid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here (seeing that I have an '07 as well) and speculate that the '07 was one of the better model years. Especially, if you lucked out and got one with the bottom (as opposed to rear) rear diff drain plug.

With every vehicle maker there are good years and bad years (just ask a Harley owner). The 2010-2011's may be stellar, but we will not know that before 2015.

I have had my '07 for a year now and had only one issue with it which was covered under the remaining warranty (small issue).

Yea, its not as smooth as the new motor and has a few less ponies, but man, it just runs tough!

+1 for sticking with your '07. Look at it this way, if in 2014 you really want a new one, and the 2010/11 are great you can move up to it and not pay the depreciation.
  13. boxertwinuk

boxertwinuk GB Rider

Oddometer:
    Sorry chaps, ordered a new bike and will be arriving 1st March...:D There is a discernible difference between the 2007 and latest model. Smoother, faster and generally improved. Will be doing at least two 3k plus trips this year and would like to have a new bike for them in any case.

Thanks for all your input.
  14. Wrong

Wrong wrong way

Oddometer:
    You made the right choice. I sold my 07 and now have a 10, A huge difference between the smooth shifting, I love my wheeles and the 10 will pop it up with a lot less effort. Seems to be not as valve noisy either, definitely a smoother running engine.
    Happy Trails
  15. boxertwinuk

boxertwinuk GB Rider

Oddometer:
    Cheers.:1drink