Wee-Strom availability

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by AllenTC2, Sep 21, 2008.

1. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 Pokey

Oddometer:
    I can't find a Wee-Strom to look at (and a dealer to haggle with) in a 100 mile radius. What's up with that? Is there a run on the '09s?
  2. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    there a good bike and there popularity is growing it seems daily.. I see more and more around Pittsburgh! Maybe the supply cannot meet the demand..

greg

:scratch
  3. showkey

showkey Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386768

This threads talks of left over '07 and '08 Stroms in the showroom

Dealers around you either sold em or never order them?????

Suzuki may have bikes in the warehouses and some dealers decide not buy because the profit is gone on left overs and it is a gamble.......Suzuki may offer discounts to all dealers to move old units.........a dealer can keep his money in the bank and earn 5% rather than loose 10 to 20% on shipping,flooring, setup and still have deal to move the unit left over.
  4. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    IF YOU DON'T FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE AT... AND CAN'T HELP.

PLUS YOU RE IN THE WRONG PLACE. GO TO: BEASTS
  5. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 Pokey

Oddometer:
    How in the hell does a 650cc wannabe count as a "ginormous dual sport"??? :roflI figure that area is for the big KTMs and BMWs

But thanks for the tip on my profile. I honestly hadn't noticed.
  6. Reposado1800

Reposado1800 Juicy J fan!

Oddometer:
    The '08's are gone and the '09's are coming. Hope you like barf orange.
  7. mtn500

mtn500 bush jumper

Oddometer:
    i had the same issue when i was looking to buy one new. i had a few dealers who were kind enough to call me and let me know when they received new ones for the showroom, but they were also kind enough to respond to me truthfully when i tried to negotiate price with them. their answer..."there is such a high demand for these bikes right now, we don't have to negotiate on price. we WILL sell them for what WE are asking for them".

no new v-strom for me.
  8. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    The '09' model is showing up at a few stores. I will see our first one next month... AND YES, WE HAVE OUR FIRST FOUR SOLD BEFORE THEY EVEN ARRIVE.

I do not think this constitutes a "run" but there is certainly no reason to discount the bikes just because some cheep-skate wants a deal. It has been 3 months since we sold our last 2008... If we still had one I would take a couple hundred off just to make you feel better about the purchase but that would be it. There is nothing wrong with making some $$$.

Next.

mtn500 go buy used if you want to haggle or better yet buy a KLR:lol3
  9. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check Lemon and Barretts in Mineral Wells and check the Suzuki shop in Ashland as well. Both have decent prices. FWIW two buds bought 08's at well below MSRP at each of the shops I mentioned. Casto's and the zuki shop in Hurricane wont even get DL's.

If you want to check one out in person just give me a yell I am just over in Mason county, a few miles north of Buffalo. There is a guy in Hurricane with a DL(roninwva), MossMan4x4 is in Scott depot as well, our bud Charlie is in Barborsville, and we have a friend over towards Kenna with a wee as well.

I love mine and found a great deal on a slightly used 08. My SV hasnt seen pavement in almost a month since I started riding the Wee.
  10. Troutrider

Troutrider Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My brother found a local dealer in Spartanburg, S.C. that looked far and wide to find me a '08 w/o ABS. Two weeks ago I was told there were 4 left East of the Missisippi. I picked it up Saturday and had a glorious ride home yesterday. My local dealers suck and they didn't want to talk about '08's. They told me to wait for the '09's which I didn't want. If you want a black one find a good dealer and ask him to bother to look. I still got a discount and a weekend visit with my brother to boot. My local dealers said if they were to get me one it would cost me a lot for all their trouble. I'll be mail ordering my filters. BTW, I've had just about every 650 out there and my first impression is that this one was made for me.:clap

Troutrider
  11. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Dealer meeting is apparently this week so maybe there will be more news next week.
  12. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:

:huh This is a fine Orange. The photo does not do the color justice.
    [​IMG]
  13. Bubba Satori

Bubba Satori Finding my way home

Oddometer:
    Yep, like that orange.
  14. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Dansstrom [Huntsville, AL] on Stromtroopers already has his:

[​IMG]