Suzuki Bandit

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Erase, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Erase

Erase Missouri

Oddometer:
    Anyone here done a Bandit trip?

William
    wbsims likes this.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Let's try this in Road Warriors..
  3. deaconjones

deaconjones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 and davyjones like this.
  4. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Over 700 miles since Oct 22nd on my 01 Bandit 600.

[​IMG]
  5. DucatiSSsp

DucatiSSsp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A stones throw from Bill Gate's Evil Empire
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  6. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have logged many trips in 15 months on my '07 1250. I am closing in on 21k miles with it. I have had several 1500 + milers on it no issues. Very solid bike once you get through all the FI mal-adjustments some are known to come with from the factory. Mine was one of them, luckily for me I understand the system and was able to correct the problems with out much expense on my part other than time spent. I commuted to work on it from April to October then gas started coming down so I am back in the truck for now. For the money they are hard to beat. They make a decent sport tourer with a seat change, windscreen change and some bags added.
    davyjones likes this.
  7. mklep

mklep suburban adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Bandit makes a great sport-touring bike. I've done thousands of miles touring on my Bandit. The ergonomics of the bike allow me to stay in the saddle for some long days. The power and torque are a perfect balance for the weight of the bike. As for the weight of the bike, I find that the Bandit doesn't get blown around in the air turbulance around tractor-trailers and cross winds like my lighter weight wee strom does while on the highways. In the twisties, embarassing the sport bike riders is always fun :wink:

This link has some pictures of my sport-touring set-up Bandit:
    http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=11281.0
    davyjones likes this.
  8. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    This summer I did two trips on my '07 Bandit. One for 5 days roaming about Northwest Texas and South Central Oklahoma. Then another 3 day playing about the ozarks of Arkansas. Great set up and not very heavy.
    [​IMG]

I just bought this set up for the coming up trips. Hopefully Canada and Southern Alaska for a retirement trip. ;-)
    [​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 and davyjones like this.
  9. 650VTwin

650VTwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've done some long rides on my 1250. The seat could be more comfortable, but otherwise it's pretty good for distance.
  10. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Stop it! You're killing me! I bought one two weeks before the snow hit, installed the farkles...and now it's sitting in the garage waiting for spring....:norton
  11. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Ron,

Did you get the one with the full fairing or the half fairing? :ear
    (I think only the half fairing one is available in the US).
  12. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Actually, I bought it used...it has a half fairing. One of those "people who thought they were going to like riding, didn't so I got an incredible deal" moments. :norton
  13. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got 65k miles on my 2000 B12. Makes a great budget sport-tourer.
  14. treybrad

treybrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap Gruntled and Imperturbable

Oddometer:
    Well, sorta' It's a fantastic touring bike. I imagine its big brother is more of a good thing.

[​IMG]
  16. DS_Rider

DS_Rider Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have managed a couple decent trips since buying my (second generation) 2001 Bandit 1200S new. I did a trip to the Smokey Mtns when I first got it. On the way stayed at "Two Wheels Only" campground in Suches, Georgia. http://www.twowheelsonly.com/ A great place to hang out when touring on a motorcycle, fantastic roads surround the place and they get a lot of serious riders stop in. All kinds of riders from moto journalists to racing professionals to business people in the motorcycle industry are even known to pop in from time to time.

In the spring this year I joined up with a friend from the Tampa area on his way to Birmingham. We did a bit of riding in the area staying at 29 Dreams campground. Chatted with the owner Tim Langley and he recommended a trip to Fort Payne so we took his advice and rode Little River Canyon. We spent most of an afternoon at the awesome Barber Motorcycle Museum http://barbermuseum.org/ near the campground. The museum was definitely a big treat. Worth the trip just to see that.

Back in late September I slabbed it over to southwest Louisiana to spend a day with a friend. Time was short and the purpose of the trip really was to visit my friend but I hoped to tour the coastal area a little while I was there. However due to storm damage at the time I wasn't able to access the roads along the coast. Achesley may remember me asking about riding opportunities in the area at that time. (Thanks btw for replying to my post achesley)

Last trip I did was a run to Daytona for Biketoberfest, that was cool. Main reason I went was to check out the factory demo rides. I would love to do that again sometime.

I've found the Bandit to be a very comfortable and capable sport touring bike for the money. I have absolutely no regrets getting it and recommend it highly to anyone looking for a solid, comfortable and relatively easy to maintain bike.
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  17. PWRCRZR

PWRCRZR Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    I purchased a used 99 Bandit 1200 last spring and used it for a weekend camping trip as well as several 300 mile day trips. The bike is lots of fun to ride and with the addition of a Corbin seat very comfortable as well. Here is a pic loaded for a weekend camping trip.

[​IMG]
    TonyKZ1, racer1735 and davyjones like this.
  18. fox102

fox102 BORIKEN

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This is my 1999 Suzuki GSF600S, its my daily commuter, done some coast camping trips. I do agree, my next move is to improve the seat, over all a great bike.
  19. Valleyrider

Valleyrider I Survived The '60s

Oddometer:
    Yes...

[​IMG]
    TonyKZ1, racer1735 and davyjones like this.
  20. stevie t

stevie t some dude, somewhere....

Oddometer:
    Rode to FLA and back from Toronto Canada 2 days after sitting on it for the first time. It came with Givi side bags.
    Great solo tourer, for me at least. A great commuter bike as well.
    [​IMG]

I guess the seat could be better, but hey you gotta get off once in a while, so it may as well be when you choose to .....
    jub jub likes this.