SLOWDOGs: Slower-Larger-Older & Wiser Dualsporters of N.Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by TRitt, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a blast to go from state to state, hit the twisties, jump on fireroads, cross some streams and play in the mud ...... But sometimes you don't want to run down single track with the young guns on tricked out thumpers .... A good bunch they are ..:bow .. graciously willing to wait on the slowest of slow and to help all in need .......

So take your pick .... Maybe you ride Slower, the bike is Larger, your bones are a bit Older or your just a bit Wiser... And maybe this ride you are 'all the above' and maybe the next ride you're 'none' ... It isn't that big a deal...... With all good intensions ... If your looking to share a ride ... Post up .... Let's see how this goes ...
  2. GaelicDog

GaelicDog Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer:

I thought this was the SlawDog thread and we were meeting for dinner somewhere:lol3

50 this summer and still stupid, KTM 530XCRW as a play bike.
  3. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It has begun ... :D ...
  4. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    "Slower-Larger-Older & Wiser Dualsporters of N.Georgia"... that would spell "SLOW DONG" wouldn't it? :lol3
  5. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    What are you talking about? 50 is YOUNG! :1drink SR
  6. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OH geeezz ... slow-dong ... I did put a few seconds of thought into to this but didnt see that ,,, Totally F'ked now ....

Where's that flippin edit button ....
  7. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SR ... changing post #1 ,,, young guns ,,, is now fast guns ... Trying to avoid the obvious insults ... :lol3 ... I've heard you are fast .... ! ... but 50 ? you are damn fast ...
  8. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm older:gerg (and probably slower than you, hell I'm slower than most these days) and much much slower than I was. But these guys have let me tag along wid em and I've yet to feel dissed by any of them:thumbup ......well except by that Honcho f**ker who was whining one time about going riding with 'the elderly crowd' or something like that. :ddog
    Ride your own ride man. Its not so much how or what ya ride (with exceptions of course :ear , surely you don't ride a Goldwing with a bra on it....:bash ) but that you DO ride. [​IMG]
    I will also say there's alot to be learned from some of these whipper-snappers. Spending a little bit of time with these guys helped me to improve my understanding and communication with my son.:freaky Now if you have daughters......well that's a whole different story all together.:pot
  9. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Daughters? Bring 'em. :jose
  10. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    Fido, as long as I'm along on the ride you'll never be the slowest, or oldest. A close 2nd perhaps......

I'll admit that there are times when I feel like I'm holding the group back and of course the GS is no bike for single track rocky trails either.

So, OP, anytime you want to organize a geriatrics ride, I'll try to make it.

Honcho's just happy to ride with us old geezers because he knows one of us usually picks up his lunch tab.
  11. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    i was think'n about joining this group till i saw the wiser part and knew i was disquified
  12. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ha ha!!! Well, I meet the criteria except the "old" part. Does it count if you feel old?
  13. kewlbyme

kewlbyme Occasional Partaker

Oddometer:
    FINALLY!!! A thread more my speed! I hate always being the slowest and I will probably still be last here.

I may be slow, but I always get there........

And I always enjoy my rides. :lol3
  14. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think that new high tech, super duper, high performance exhaust mod of yours may put you up at the front of the pack:lol3
  15. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho Got Beaver?

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna type this slow..... cause I know you can't read fast....

I love riding with you guys....

I finally feel like I ride REALLY, REALLY fast....
    [​IMG]

We get great parking...
    [​IMG]

And the discounts you guys get on meals is incredible!
    [​IMG]

Honcho F***er OUT! :jinx

:smooch
  16. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:clap .... I had to go get my reading glasses ,, but it was worth the trip ...
  17. markhdteck

markhdteck ADV

Oddometer:
    Well, i'm going on 48 years young,i feel pert as a rutting buck!,my GS will go anywhere and go as fast as them thumpers down a single track trail!:augie
    aawww,who the hell am i fooling,i have to use reading glasses to read,my fucking joints hurt,i'm on ADV instead of riding and when i'am riding i'm thinking of the route i'm taking going thru mud on dirtroads,instead of balls to the walls wide open,riding a big pig cause its more comfortable..:uhoh
    What the HELL,i'm getting old!!!:cry
    I wonder if Geritol will make me feel young again...:dunno

:gerg

:lol3

Its time to start riding the WR more often,that bike makes me feel young again,FUCK THE GERITOL.....:bmwrider

and i'm not slow,i think....:patch

18. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    See Post #1 , Line #1 ...

I can still do 80 ,,, just not down a washed out muddy road ... and my weak spot is I can't resist passing granny on a double yellow ... I ain't always slow ; I ain't always wise ... But my girls see to it that my hair is always a little more grey ...

I wish I had a damn thumper! :pynd

Good to see yaMark ...... :D
  19. coletrain

coletrain All aboard!

Oddometer:
    You are definitely not slow. I seem to recall you jumping a 450lb Dakar just like it was that WR one day. :evil
  20. markhdteck

markhdteck ADV

Oddometer: