Airhead "tank stripe" T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by apt13, Jul 5, 2012.

1. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since I couldn't ever find any simple and clean airhead inspired shirts I liked, I decided to make my own. And thought I might make a small run for anyone else who might like them.

The shirts are printed on a super soft 100% cotton tee. They are slightly "fitted" but not quite as tight as an American Apparel shirt. They are printed using the water-based discharge method so the print is also super soft and breathable so it's not a thick gob of ink on your chest. It's also more "eco-friendly" if you are into that sorta thing.

**(the print will feel "chalky" when you get the shirt. WASH BEFORE WEARING. that chalkiness is part of the discharge and it all washes out)**

I'm hoping that if these go over well I can do more brands of bikes and iconic tank stripe styles. So consider this a "limited edition test run." haha.

You can order the shirts at my big cartel site:

http://apt13.bigcartel.com/

[​IMG]
  2. Ben Carufel

Ben Carufel Boxer Addict

Oddometer:

Just ordered both! Can't wait to get 'em.
  3. ghostdncr

ghostdncr Burnin' daylight...

Oddometer:
    What would you charge only to print the /6 design on a new hoodie I send you? I'm not really designed for any kind of "fitted" apparel. :lol3

Are these examples printed on black shirts?
  4. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i'm not really set up to do one-offs at the moment, sorry. but hoodies would definitely be in the works later on if people seem interested in these.

i thought about the actual tees for awhile. having grown up making band tour shirts, i always used the basic hanes beefy tee or something similar. but they always seemed too thick and always shrank up all funny. these tees are super soft and breathable, but yes they are a bit "fitted" or dare i say "euro" fit, haha. they aren't quite as tight and hipstery as AA shirts, but kind of an in-between AA and your basic hanes beefy. maybe in the future i can do some "larger" sizes if i get enough requests? or if people hate these tees, i'll switch to a more traditional brand.

thanks for the interest!

oh, and yes, the tees are BLACK.
  5. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    like the look, so if a "normal" large american cut t fits me should I do an XL in this? also, is your site secure, prefer not to throw my cc info out there if not, did not see https in the url
  6. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hmmm, well i suppose it depends on how "robust" you are. haha.
    the shirt is the same length as a "normal" tee, but it would generally be a tad bit more "snug."

as for security, the site takes you to paypal for the checkout, so it is secure.

here's are the measurements for this specific shirt brand. hope this helps.

[​IMG]
  7. brocktoon

brocktoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Super cool designs. I like American Apparel tees for fit, as I'm fairly slender (though the quality can be hit-or-miss). For reference, what brand are these?
  8. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks a bunch! and thanks guys for making some orders. pretty stoked so far on the feedback.

the tee brand is canvas, model 3001.
  9. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    cool thanks, will place an order shortly
  10. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered one! I could have just come to Athens, heh.
  11. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    These are killer! Just ordered the toaster, since that's what I ride :D I love how simple these are, which is fitting for BMW:clap
  12. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    I'd totally buy a Husqvarna one as well if you made it!
  13. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks!
    you know what, i could call aaron or gregg and have them take you one tomorrow, haha. you still work at mailchimp?
  14. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i'll add the husqvarna to the list of possible 2nd series designs. the "trick" though is not to infringe on some logo copyrights too bad. which is why i was hoping to just deal in the tank stripes. but we'll see how it goes!
  15. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am! Didn't know you knew me or people here haha.
  16. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you had mentioned in a post awhile back about working there and i said i knew aaron. was awhile ago. since then my old roommate in nyc, gregg bernstein, started working there. i'll see if i can track gregg down tonight. if not, i'll just throw it in the mail tomorrow with the rest.

17. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    But haven't you already technically infringed copyrights by using the BMW logos? I doubt BMW will come after you for something as small as this unless you are raking in huge profits or selling these with a big merchant
  18. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    haha, well yeah, of course. there's only so far down you can "hint" at the bmw logo. it's as simple as it gets. and yes i "worried" about this one, but it's such a small run i doubt anyone will care. it's all a test right now! ha.

but ideally i'd love to just do recognizable shapes and stripes without needing a logo. so we'll see how it goes. it's a nice design challenge of how far i can hint at something and still have it recognizable to those that "know what it is".
  19. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    Very large simple outline of an 1150 Adventure tank would be iconic.

Side view does nothing for it, I suggest looking down from above, that beast is crazy wide.
  20. Lastrada

Lastrada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice shirts, they do look really simple and clean. I put in an order for one of each.