Flat tire prevention! TyreGuardian Puncture Protection System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GB, Jul 3, 2010.

1. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    What do all riders dread when out on the open road? Yup, getting a flat tire. I hate flat tires, especially getting a flat at speed! It's scary, to the point that I have installed a tire pressure monitor. But I've often wondered why automotive run flat tire technology hasn't been applied to motorcycle tires. :scratch So anything I can do to reduce my chance of having a flat is money well spent. I've come across this TyreGuardian puncture protection product and thought I'd try it and bring it to the attention of ADV inmates, as a valuable time saving and safety product. It works in both tubeless and tubed tires and best of all, it doesn't make a slimey mess of your wheels when the tire is removed. I've managed to pull out a nail out of my rear tubed tire and the product worked as intended. No air loss. :D

This product is easy to install and reasonably priced. TyreGuardian has a web site where you can calculate the amount of product to put in based upon your tire size. I used one bottle to fill both my front and rear tires. Maybe I put too much in there, more is better!

TyreGuardian creates a thin latex glove like lining for the inside of the tire. TyreGuardian protects from air loss from punctures up to ΒΌ” in diameter for tubeless and 1/8” diameter punctures for tube type tires. It does not matter if the nail, screw or whatever stays in the puncture, TyreGuardian migrates to the puncture and seals it. It is not a one puncture product. TyreGuardian is good for the life of the tire. When I was pouring the product into my valve stem, I spilled a bit and the trick is to let it dry, then you can just peel off it, no mess, no fuss.

I've contacted the US distributor and he's agreed to provide ADV inmates with a discount. Info at the bottom of this post.

One of the nice things about TyreGuardian is it is not nasty or slimey and won’t make you or your mechanic unhappy when it is time for a new tire. You can pull it out of the tire in one piece if you like or leave it in place and it can be recycled with the tire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Youtube demo:
    <object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nkle_Kx_Kdc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

It&#8217;s easy to install, takes 10 minutes or less. Take the weight off of the tire, deflate the tire by removing the valve core. The bottles come with a valve core remover and a short piece of tubing to put over the stem of the bottle and the tire stem. Squeeze in the correct amount, replace the valve core, air it up and take a 5 minute ride. It&#8217;s that easy. If you get some on your hands just use soap and water to clean up, or let it dry and peel off.

Youtube demo on a bike:
    <object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZNe1szhB6A&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

[​IMG]

I've used one 250 ml bottle to do the front and rear, putting 150 ml in the rear and 75 ml in the front. In the pic below, it says you can treat 4 to 8 tires, maybe I put too much in my tires. :dunno

[​IMG]

The retail price is $29.95 for a 250ml "Cycle" bottle which will treat 4 to 8 tires depending upon the size of the tires. The "calculator" on the www.tyreguardian.us site will calculate the amount required for the tire sizes.

I've contacted the US distributor and he's agreed to provide ADV inmates with a 10% discount, and as an introductory offer and for a limited time, Jim, the US distributor will offer ADV inmates an extra 15% for a total of 25% discount to the first 25 inmates to contact him via PM. His username is: Max Bialstock

I'm #1 on this discount list :lol3

I will sticky this thread in Vendors for a while to give inmates a chance to learn about this important safety product and I have asked Jim aka Max to respond to inmate questions in this thread.
  2. bradatlarge

bradatlarge Insha'Allah

Oddometer:
    Same installation method on tubed tires?

This product will definitely be going in my friend's F650, as she has little knowledge of roadside repairs.

PM sent to Max.
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Yes, same install on tubed tires. The only caution is to squeeze the bottle slowly, or you may get some splash back if you squeeze too hard :shog
    Also, I think it's best to treat one tire, go for a ride to distribute it around the tire or tube, then do the second tire and then go for another spin.
  4. See-Double-You

See-Double-You Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice catch GB.

I've been using the RideOn sealant for 2 years now. I pulled one brass staple from the rear tire earlier this summer. Don't know if it punctured the tube yet, but plan on replacing the tire in a month or so, so I'll be examining the area closely. Can say that there is no loss of pressure over time.

The TyreGuardian seems to last quite a bit longer (treat more tires for a similar cost). W/ the RideOn, each tire took something like 5 or 6oz, used two of the three 8oz bottles they sent me.

Will MAX be making an appearance here? I'm wondering what makes the TyreGuardian different from RideOn, RhinoTire, or other market names.
  5. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    I'm a little worried here...

[​IMG]

Did Max want to sell you shares in his company?
  6. Max Bialystock

Max Bialystock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi and thanks for finding TyreGuardian Gadget Boy!

The inmate discount is 10% using Code "TGADV" at our website http://www.tyreguardian.us

This discount code is active and you can order product direct from the website.

As Gadget Boy said pm me and the first 25 inmates will receive a code for a 25% discount. I will start a thread in the vendor area with this information, but you don't have to wait for that the discount is available now.
  7. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the question "See-Double-You". Let me tell you what TyreGuardian is not compared to the competition.

It isn't nasty or slimy. Soap and water removes it from your skin if you get some on you. In addition your mechanic (if you use one) won't have a fit when he breaks the tire down for replacement. Some of the competition really creates a "mess". What you see in the pictures Gadget Boy supplied tells the story.

TyreGuardian creates a "thin protective layer inside your tire". Tire balance is not affected and you have added very little unsprung weight.

The product is not flammable nor is it water soluble. TyreGuardians toxicity is very low, making it safe to handle during installation and requires no special equipment for installation. As Gadget Boy said it can be recycled with the tire.

Our product is not expensive. TyreGuardian requires Less product for puncture protection and is good for the life of the tire resulting in a very favorable return on your investment.

Thanks to Gadget Boy for finding our product and contacting me. The product is new to the U.S. although it was developed and has been successful in Australian and New Zealand under a different trade name for the last ten years.
  8. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    :lol3 DirtFarmer I believe you and I have the same taste in movies! John Wayne and Zero Mostel two of my favorite (sadly gone forever) actors.

I have always admired "Max's" coiffure and his way with the ladies! :rofl Although my "little old lady" keeps tight reins on me. Sadly I don't have an ownership position. If I did I wouldn't be selling shares. I would want them all for myself! :D
  9. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I neglected to mention in my first reply about TyreGuardians ability to seal the puncture whether the staple, nail, screw or whatever is in or has been removed from the tire. TyreGuardian will stop air loss either way.
  10. Ninthlord

Ninthlord Cadmium Enriched

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of this very topic while working on the bike earlier today. My only experience is with the goopy stuff in my ATV (LP) tyres.
  11. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    Cool!

You da man, Rick! :thumb
  12. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't argue with your statement. TyreGuardian protects tubeless tires from up to 1/8" diameter punctures and 1/4" for tubeless tires.

I was at a bike shop a few weeks ago and one of the employees was running tubes in his tubeless tires. He asked me if TyreGuardian would create additional heat in the tire with this set up.

I said it would work and I didn't think much if any additional heat would be created but this didn't make sense to me.

Why run the tube? I asked. His response was he considered it extra protection from punctures. My suggestion was since TyreGuardian will protect tubeless tires up to 1/4" diameter punctures why would you reduce the protection by using a tube in the tire? I suggested he lose the tubes and use TyreGuardian in his tubeless tires.

Thanks for bringing the point up JeffD
  13. PARIAH

PARIAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :huh

Looks like a good product. Well worth it for piece of mind.
  14. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    It is and it certainly does contribute to my piece of mind. I have had a few very scary experiences and two of them were flats at speed on a motorcycle. Both flats resulting from rapid deflation due to nails picked up on the road.

The front tire's rapid deflation wasn't too bad, the pucker factor only went to 9.5 on the 10 scale and I was able to scrub speed with the rear brake until I could slowly edge off the highway. Cagers honking like mad at me due to it being rush hour.

When the rear tire went flat a few weeks later at approximately the same speed (65 - 70mph) and area on a local highway the pucker factor went immediately to 12.5 on the scale. The tire jumped the rim, locked the wheel up and I understood very quickly what riding a bucking bronc must feel like. How I kept the bike upright is still a mystery. I'm running TyreGuardian in everything I have with tires and it works very well.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  15. PARIAH

PARIAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response, but my question... Is the puncture protection for tubeless 1/8" or 1/4"? I think your quote meant to have one size for tubed and the other for tubeless.
  16. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    :eek1
    Well I have once again made a simple thing unclear. I was told by my English 101 prof. (a very long time ago) it was people like me who ruin the English language...... I have proven him right, again. :D

Tubeless tires are protected from punctures up to 1/4" diameter

Tube type tires are protected from punctures up to 1/8" diameter.

Thanks for requesting the clarification.
    Jim
  17. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    At risk of creating a LOT of confusion I will try to clarify our current discounts and ordering process. Gulp. It's really easy but give me a rubber mallet and the anvil doesn't have a chance!:lol3

1. Current discount to ALL inmates for a 10% savings effective now - "TGADV"
    2. Introductory discount code for the first 25 inmates to pm me. They will receive a code for 25% off the retail price - I will send the code out to the first 25 who pm me all at one time. So far I have 14 requests.

Order process
    Go to our site http://www.tyreguardian.us use the "calculator" to determine how much you require for your tire sizes. Apply the discount code during the order process (you will see where to put it). Your savings will be figured automatically.

We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.
    :D
    Thanks,
    Jim
  18. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
  19. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  20. GeoDude

GeoDude Oblio had a point