sunday ride-n ???

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by localmoto, Oct 22, 2012.

1. localmoto

localmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey all,
    TRYING TO FIND RIDERS FOR AN GIVEN SUNDAY OR MONDAY ??

well i work six-seven days thro the summer and fridays/saturdays ,, about ALL year round...
    BUT do have off sundays ,monday off now ,,and soon will be tuesday too.... -untill summer-

SO any one around western NC ,and want to ride.. ride and get lunch or dinner .. etc.. get in touch !!!

i'am close to cashiers ,, an sylva-franklin-brevard -even into SC &GA state lines est 30min away.. cherrokee little more .. ashville 1.5hrs ..the dragon or out 64 to murphey/occoe tenn state line 2hrs,, est times of my travels....
    will ride in about any temp, only when close to 30"s an raining = no good.
  2. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    Hey Tabor! I'm usually covered up with family stuff on Sundays but after leaf season, I'll have some free Mondays to ride. A little birdy told me you got a little dirt bike to play around with.
  3. localmoto

Oddometer:
    hey cool,
    yes picked up street legal klx300 and already tagged !! it is geared for woods now (for some serious off-roading) , but thinking about swaping gears to be able to run 60mph ..??.. but .. not sure as have , the klr for more longer street/gravel rideing...

ah can you show me the trails (on a map or just go ride them) ones we rode duing wha da hala rally,,,think it was the first trail of the frist day - i really want to do that again.!!!!!!!!!....
    so would like to take th klx over there,, as was fun on the klr,,but it was a handfull at times too ..

BUT ready to ride,, any time just let me know.. klr 650 moto-ed or klx 300 w/knobbies !!!..
  4. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan. I'd like to head over there again on the DR 350 too. Lots to explore. We should give Handlebar a shout as he lives right there.
  5. handlebar

handlebar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Joe!!! :D...I've moved back to my hometown of Spartanburg now, but that won't keep me from WNC always. I am defiantly gonna be at your rally and others around there through next year and hope to do some riding over towards Morganton and Lenoir.Thats a straight shot up from Spartanburg and most convienient for me now. I'll have a trailer soon to haul my pig to other pig pens too.:clap I'm good for weekday rides within a couple hours of Spartanburg or to about Sylva in WNC once I have a trailer.:happay. Because of moving and ALOT of work:cry I wont get to ride much during the winter but the pig and I will be ready come spring.:wings.
  6. DirtDabber

DirtDabber cultural illiterate

Oddometer:

I am in Clayton and Sundays work for me sometimes, especially if it is dawn patrol. Of course fall/winter dawn patrol is chilly :vardy
  7. BOIKE333

BOIKE333 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tabor,
    Sweet to hear the news of the new ride............man that was awesome seeing you take the klr up that stuff the first day at whadahala............can't wait to get back up and ride with you and Joe......how is life on the line treatin you?........Joe, when is the next one? come on quit making us wait on the spring date.
  8. localmoto

Oddometer:
    well to start off ,,i'm not a morning person,, .... but when comes to a ride ,, i'm like a kid on christmas.....i will be up an ready!!

ya clayton not far ,,what day looks best for you,,, i could be down there between ten&noon.. or meet in highlands and ride to s.c. and around back to n.c. then back to g.a.-- est three to four hour of rideing most back roads with some gravel conectting roads..??? or out standing indian to tellico gap to natahala to cherrokee or to sylva/franklin on 28 ??? or so many other roads out there,, where too go ???

ok lets keep this ball rolling,, lets set a date/make a plan,, and find more riders + more areas to ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. localmoto

Oddometer:
    oh the klx is so much lighter, better off road... and yes wanting to take the klx, up that very same trail asap!!!
    YOU KNOW after watching all you with lighter bikes and full knobbies,, i really missed my old street legal xr600r..

and got to watching the video eazye had --man and machine--,,, an i started looking for a more true enduro bike.. couldn't find another xr600r, any where close ,,but did find a klx thats seems like fits the bill just fine...

for life ,,, well ,, ,just have to enjoy what ya got........ as you know,, the line , is hot and stress full,, and any time outside the kitchen ,,and on a bike ,,, is oh so nice ! ! ! !

hope to ride with ya again asap !!!!
    get in touch if ya be around = fyi, you dont have to wait till spring ,, i live a little over hour away from joes cabins ,, and have a extra room !!!!
  10. handlebar

handlebar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :muutt
    Forget the 600R around WNC.....kickstarter will wear your ass out. The L has the button for minimal weight gain and can be "made" as good as the 600R.:D Even better yet a rekluse on your 300....cant stall,motor runs most time after a crash,smooth....etc.:muutt